Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

[07/11/19] Weekly What Have You Been Playing?

Berserk and the Band of the Hawk :ps4:  Still :lurk: I've been grinding the Endless Eclipse because the Platinum Trophy does feel do-able. Also it's a character flaw to publicly decide to quit and then keep going. Apparently there's a Mount that you can use to power through even bosses with if you hit 90%, I'm in the 80s right now so hopefully I can pop it and then use it to power through with weaker characters.

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux :3ds: First SMT game, probably the SMT game that I've been most interested in that isn't one of the Persona games. Also a bathroom game so I'll probably be playing this for a million years :lurk: Started it on Expert mode because the game said you can turn it down if it's too hard. I like the battle system so far, hitting a weakness imparts extra hits, it feels like it's so much more important to pay attention to enemy weaknesses than normal JRPGs. Also whenever I talk to demons I just say the stupidest thing possible because I'm assuming that's how the recruitment system works

Minecraft :ps4:  the lady and i got back I to this last week as a way if finding a game we could play together, as we mostly have a bunch of single-player games or competitive/repetitive multiplayer.  It's been a couple years since I played, and HOLY SHIT did they add a bunch of content since then.  The added structures, biomes and mobs keeps a single map more interesting with less motivation to start something knew once you have a pile of the main resources.

Undertale(Genocide Run) :pc: This is a hangover from last year and is just me trying to beat Sans.  I've gotten so close this time, getting to the very end of his last attack before perishing.  It has been endlessly frustrating, but I know I can do it.  My time will come soon, and then I can put this game to rest.

Gradius :nes: :switch: This has mostly been a time killer when I have 30 minutes to spare but don't want to waste it on the above.  Great classic game.  Hard as fuck.  I have barely gotten past the asteroid volcanos without dying.  Then it usually falls apart pretty quickly.

Final Fantasy IX :switch: This is essentially my main project right now.  Finally reached Disc 3, which is something I realized I had never done before in my youth.  The rest of the game is completely new to me, so that's exciting.  I put it down for a bit because I had been catching up on wrestling and guitar-playing, but I'll probably get back into this next week.

• Like 1

Dauntless :pc:: A F2P Monster Hunter style game. Pretty fun. 

Warframe :pc:: The F2P Space Ninja simulator that seems immortal. Seriously, just when you think they have run out of steam Tennocon drops and suddenly you have a new open world zone coming that focuses on time paradoxes and a new space combat mission that can be linked to players running missions on a planet. Oh and you can fire your friends outta the ships cannons into enemy ships so they can board them and take it out from the inside.... It's gonna be a good year for the Tenno :drool2:

• Like 1

Cytus α and VOEZ :switch: Rhythm games are great for short bursts of gaming. I usually don't have more than 20 minutes before the family interrupts me. 

Final Fantasy V on SNES emu for the Four Job Fiesta. I sneak 10-15 minutes here and there when it's quiet at work. I know this game inside and out so I make pretty heavy use of fast forward to get lots done in little time.

Thinking about getting back into NBA Playgrounds 2 :switch: Those games are fun and quick. Might as well see if I can win the Raps another title :lol:

• Like 1