Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Dororo (2019)

Animation quality sure took a hit :(

Fed the kids to the monster insects :(

I was curious about Dororo but don't have Amazon Prime so I just moved along because I was too lazy to download from HorribleSubs. Is it worth checking out? What would you compare it to?

It is very much worth checking into. The story pretty much grabs you in the first ep. If not the first two episodes. Music is awesome, Apparently a revamp of a classic anime like in the days of original Astro Boy anime and the comparison is crazy but in a good way.

DJP I kinda agree on the animation style but they may have had reasons for that in this ep. Hopefully it won't keep it that way. Oddly enough some of it kinda reminded me of the animation in the first ED theme song.

Edgy samurai/demon shit. Ye, it's good and somewhat worth watching (the animation takes a noticeable dip every once in awhile tho)

Hey they haven't gone the shitty 3D animation yet

I need to catch up on this! I was enjoying it a lot, it's dark and sad and very interesting to see it presented this way instead of the round bouncy style of the original 1960s manga. :ponder:

• Like 1

Disarmed Mutsu and Hyogo (dat arm bite and sharpened bone making a lunge for Daigo) and blew up a horse :(

I like they showed Dororo and the Mom basically have no good choice available to them

Spoiler

I was sad about the horse too. I had a feeling something was gonna happen when they dangled that baby pony with it.

Did you notice that Mutsu's and Hyogo's arms were cut metaphorically? The princes "right and left hand" always fighting by his side?

• Like 1

Oh shit, I didn't make that connection at all

Spoiler

I didn't notice it right away when Hyakimaru sliced off their arms. But when it switched to them being bandaged up by the Saiga ninjas I noticed where the bandages were placed and it dawned on me.

Little Bro using Hyakkimaru's eyes, Hyogo and Mutsu using his arms, gifted by a three-headed Buddhist Demon :nod:

• Like 1

Spoiler

At first I was like "they have demon arms now?

*GASP* NOOOOOOOOO THEY HAVE HIS ARMS!!!!!!

Dude shits gonna go awol now.

Ep 23

Spoiler

By Hyougo! By Mutsu!

One more body part to go!
All the players are coming together.

Next ep is gonna be good.

• Like 1

- Oh man, when Tahomaru pulls Hyakkimaru's eyes out and then then his fake eyes fall out

- And that fucking end bit with Daigo, swearing he'll reign over the land as a demon (I kinda would've preferred if Hyakkimaru stabbed him)

Spoiler

Yea just having his eyes fly out like that I was all "....whoa"

As much as I would have loved Lord Daigo getting his just end. I do like how everything wrapped up.
-Mom and Hyakimaru's more or less "adopted dad" staying in the burning house with Tahomaru
-Hyakimaru leaving his father alive to work on being human.
- SO GLAD they didn't have some long winded goodbye between Dororo and Hyaki. Just "well, I'll be waiting for you jerkface but while I am Imma go do this"
-Using Dororo's treasure to help the villagers.

I was happy with it all.