Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Daniel (British pub talk)

Have you ever had a moment in your life, natural disaster or family event or whatever, where you've actually went to a pub to relax and engage with the general public?

I've had a few, most notably Winter 2017 where "my local" was just across from my work and we all got sent 'home' early, the local barman gave us free drinks and all the able-bodied men scoured the main Street looking for cars to push out of the snow.

It's the closest I've ever felt to 'community' and I had hoped to exchange similar tales.

Typically I've gone with companions or I've sat down and read, but there's one memorable night where me and some mates were sat off in a heavy metal pub; and oneeight had gotten out of work and bought a big rotisserie chicken, we caught her and waylaid her to the pub with is; and we just busted that chicken out and shared it with the rest of the pub. That was weird and cool.

So.

What sarcastic point are you even trying to make here?

Let's leave that one behind where it belongs. :P

Luna is napping right now.  I'm watching Constantine because it's fun and I already forgot the story.  Got that DC Universe subscription.  Costco has pretty good frozen burgers.  Had one for lunch.  Tried making bacon on the grill just to see if it would work.  It didn't really work. :rotfl:

• Like 1

For a while me and a couple of colleagues were semi-reg going to this one pub as a foresome. It was awesome!

One guy got fired, Girl got fired, Guy got a job in Manchester... ?

After nearly 100% staff turnover, been trying to get something cookin' with the new lot but they don't seem assed. Occasionally we go to one of the old guard's houses to watch the big fights on pay per view & to eat buffalo wings though, those are good.

For a while I actually hung out with one of the guys from that little work pub group, until one day I invited him to my house and, ok. No politics on this board right? Let's just say we got on the subject of the nineteen fourties and he sweshioned the shmoloshmausht and told me charlie chaplain was a great man and i told him to duck off.

edit: Anne Frankly I didn't like him that much to begin with, WAHEYY