Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Galeigh

Arcane (Netflix)

A show commissioned by Riot featuring the backgrounds of several of the Champions from League of Legends.

Holy fucking shit, the best 3D animation ever put to a TV show, fantastic world building and great characters. 100% recommend it.

The story ostensibly follows two sisters Vi and Powder (AKA Jinx) but due to how interconnected the characters in the show are the main secondaries are Jayce, Viktor, Heimerdinger.

Other characters are also here too, like Singed and Ekko. All tied together by the main conflict between Piltover upperclass and the Undercity accross the river.

Never played the game but i am very much enjoying the show. I thought initially that it was gonna be a movie because of how the trailer laid it out (at least from my pov haha). Agreed the use of 3D is top notch and the OP is fucking banging. I can't wait to watch the next 3 eps uploaded today. 

Spoiler

I want to feel bad for Powder/Jinx when she's trying so hard to be useful. But you can def see she's not all right from whatever mental issue she has. 3rd ep was hard to watch a little from so much emotion loaded in that. 

Yeah, it went really bad for her. That fucker Marcus may have been right to take Vi away for her own good, but that had horrible consequences for Jinx

Spoiler

And then he locks Vi up?! Wtf?!

I liked how this arc had a decent time skip. My heart ached a little bit when i saw Jinx made dolls of her old friends because of how traumatized mentally she is. Just fuuuuuuuuck. 

So much is getting juicy here!

Also anyone like how the animation is made for anything involving liquids or smoke? Like how it looks 2D tho it's not? I feel like they got one of the people who did one of the shorts from Love, Death+Robots from this style. 

If you've never seen the release trailer for Ekko or the music Video for get Jinxed you should. You can see the early stages of development for this show even as far back as 2013.

Check the Mural

Man the 20th cannot get here fast enough

• Shiny 1

I haven't seen either since i don't usually play games. But i'm loving this!

A lot of people are believing Vander might be Warwick from the games as Warwick's retconned lore lines up with up with what could happen to him post Part 1.

First, singed has the whole thing about keeping dying things alive, and the theme of the Beast within and how Silco was gonna bring Vander's to the outside is pretty uncanny.

This. Holy utter fuck. I want moar!

Spoiler

I thought there was a lot of emotion in the last couple eps? Pfft. Ep 9. All of that. Hoky shit. 

Fights were outstanding, eckart/jinx and vi/what's her face especially. Fucking top notch.

VI and Caitlyn, and Ekko and Jinx/Powder.

Personally, I am glad to see Heimerdinger kicked out of the council and roaming the city again. He's a good guy, but has been stuck in his duties for so long he's lost touch with the people of his city and him joining up with Ekko is perfect for him.

• Like 1