Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

AOTS Spring 2021

Anime of the Season, Spring 2021

There were some really great anime to choose from this spring. Whatchu got for AOTS Spring 2021??

Super Cub for the chill or Dynazenon for Trigger continuing its Kaiju/Super Robot stuff

Vivy was AOTS for me. It started so strong, and just continued to be really good all the way through. I watched the summary episode last night and that was a great reminder of how great it was. 

Very close runners-up: SSSS.Dynazenon and Odd Taxi. Dynazenon had a great vibe and atmosphere, and I thought it got better and better every week. Great cast of characters. I loved the ending and all the mecha goodness. Odd Taxi was quirky and at times a bit slow, but in just the right way. Probably not for everyone, but I thought it was very good. It also had a great ending--it all came together so nicely in the final episodes.

While Super Cub was not quite in AOTS territory for me, I will say that I did look forward to it every week. It was definitely worth watching.

To Your Eternity for sure (even if it's continuing into Summer season for new stuff holy shit it's good)

FURUBAAAAAAAA HGNNNNNN! I'm so happy to finally get to see it all the way through.

Hmmm......

Nomad S2 gets an honorable mention along with Mashiro no Oto