Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Garlic Junior

Joe vs Elan School

It's an online comic

It's a harrowing true story

About a fucked up cult like "school" for troubled teens

It's... an insane read. The artwork really dragged me in, to the point I have proper old-school signed up to the mailing list for new chapters

Best way to describe it is just to say, read it. And be afraid that this type of thing has been allowed to exist:

https://elan.school/rude-awakening/

Read a few already.  Very interesting site.  Really makes me sad that someone could do that to their kid having done clearly like no research (or they would have realized how terrible it was).

Well, from what I've read, there was plenty of testimonies out there that painted the school in a good light. In fact, I think they had to be investigated several times as the first few investigations came out with reports that actually praised the school.

I suppose that's the scariest part - how do you speak out when you'll look like the crazy liar compared to reports and testimonies that the place is legit.

The entire CONCEPT of this type of school is a failure from the very beginning, imo.  I can't imagine sending my kid there or why you think that some place like that can fix your kid for you.  It's sad.  I feel bad for all those kids (even considering a bunch of them were probably assholes lol).  No one deserves that. :-/

• Like 1