Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

B: The Beginning

Popped up in my recommendations on Netflix last week so I checked it out. Violet Evergarden was a real hit for me, so I figured why not try another Netflix anime. Didn't take long for me to get sucked in, and I just finished last night. The wife even watched parts of it with me and started getting into it. (She's usually more of the, "Why are you still watching cartoons :|" type so that kinda took me by surprise) Netflix is still batting 1.000 with me :thumbs: 

Anybody else watch this? What'd you think?

It's apparently been renewed for a second season, so keep an eye out.

tumblr_p623qpc1mG1vymbt8o1_1280.jpg

Watched it when it came out. Loved the animation quality, the opening theme was fire. The female lead was a mega-waifu.

I don't remember plot specifics of it, but I recall being more interested in the detective parts of it more than the anime-bullshit parts of it.

Yeah, really great animation. I'm happy if Netflix wants to throw as much money as possible at good studios and directors :nod: 

The story was a bit hard to follow at first, maybe a bit unnecessarily complicated, but it all came together for me eventually. I love a good mystery so the detective parts were very interesting to me too. Gilbert was one fucked up dude :shudder:

• Like 1

Yup also watched with a friend I try to do anime nights occasionally with him and his wife. We both totally got sucked in with the story and the character types they had. Nothing was over the top which was a good thing for me.

• Like 1