Old School Forum
MT

Indie Wrestling General

Damn, would've thought it was Impact that died first.

It sounds like they're "restructuring", whatever that means.

As I've understood it, Sinclair is a billion dollar TV company that uses Ring of Honor as cheap programming on a shoestring budget (Cornette has horror stories about this) to boost ratings averages in bad late-night timeslots that otherwise wouldn't draw much of anything. It sounded like they were spending some decent money on talent ever since the MSG show but once the Elite left, they never got their reputation back.

I'd guess that without a live crowd for 18 months and being set to lose a few more guys to their contracts running out (I think PCO wasn't re-signing, Rush got injured but he was probably gone as well), they probably just said fuck it and mean to sign cheap talent to put on anything in those spots.

But like, I'd also assume there's no way they let the Briscoes and Jay Lethal go too so who really knows.

Someone in the Reddit thread about this mentioned having Jonathan Gresham be the third pillar of the House of Black and holy shit do I want that

BOLA Night 1 is going to fucking rule. Not going to this one, with omicron running crazy it didn't feel right.

Thanks to WWE for re-stocking the American indie scene

• ROFL 1