Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Share Cool Websites

So I was going to have this be the most visited sites but then I had a better idea.  Score some of the lesser known websites or things you just thing are cool websites.  Maybe you don't see them brought up a lot or you think they'll be super helpful to someone.

• DCBS - Order my comic books here.  Prices cannot be beat.  They operate on very slim profit margins.  They also give 50% off when you preorder trades, hardcover, etc ahead of time.
  • InStockTrades - Sister site to DCBS.  They sell, you guessed it, trades (TPB, Hardcovers, OMNIBUS, etc).  They give 50% off the first week something comes out and in general prices are ~42% off everything else unless they have a sale going.
  • Yelp - We eat out a lot.  I look shit up sometimes mostly because despite living over here for like 4 years, I cannot fucking remember what is around us half the time.
  • Newsarama - They have a lot of good comic news.  I dig through here when I'm just looking for comic shit specifically.
  • CamelCamelCamel - Amazon price tracker.  Fucking amazing for not only finding what price is a good low price for something but also setting an alert for it when it goes on sale.
  • IsThereAnyDeal - Similar to CCC except that it's for videogames on a SHIT TON of different websites.  This is the best of the websites that do this imo.  You can see what the lowest prices are on all the different stores at once (remember people sell Steam keys through all kinds of storefronts these days like GreenManGaming).  You can also set an alert for when a certain game goes below a certain price (fuck yes).  I've definitely made use of that a few times.
  • Swappa - Really nice place to buy and sell used phones.  Someone physically looks at a picture of the ESN and stuff on a phone to make sure it isn't banned before people are allowed to sell (and makes sure the pictures aren't fucking useless).  Had a good experience buying my V30 there.  You might be able to save a few bucks on eBay but this site is a lot more trustworthy imo.
  • Suppose.tv - This website I've been using to pick out a potentially better streaming TV package.  You can pick all the channels you actually want to watch and it will basically tell you which one will have those and has the best deal.
  • PCPartPicker - Will show you the best deal on PC parts across several websites.  Used this when my cousin was building his PC.  Very helpful (amusingly all of them were basically Newegg).