Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mera'din

[Final Fantasy General]

Last VR Mission down. Gonna attempt the last Simulator Mission tomorrow before continuing into Chapter 13 Hard Mode

I just hit Ch. 16 on hard. Been tempted to jump ahead to do the Combat Simulator stuff first at various points, but nothing has held me up too much so far so might as well just do it when it comes up naturally at this point. Then once I'm all the way through I'll just have to do a quick cleanup of the dresses and get the last Ch. 14 scene (not that it's needed but might as well) and I should have the Platinum.

Final VR Mission down. Not as hard as I thought it'd be, just lengthy (also because I forgot to equip the final summon and didn't include Lightning on two of my three characters :lurk: )

Oh man, beat the VR/Simulator ASAP, the accessory you earn is OP as fuck

Start the battle with a Full Limit guage, Limit refills automatically during battle

Yeah, I know what it does which is why I considered it but I've gotten through fine without so wasn't too worried. Never got stuck anywhere so decided to wait. JUST hit the part in Ch. 17 with the simulator so gonna start that up after I make something to eat (pro tip: putting a star pendant on everyone for the Ch. 16 boss makes it a joke).

Any recommendations on the solo character rounds that have to be done on hard? Not even sure what you fight on them yet but I know the precious ones were a bit annoying with certain characters.

Elemental>Lightning in an Armour slot. The first four rounds aren't too bad but the last round can be rough as fuck without it.

Yep. Started it with Tifa and just learned that the hard way. Definitely doing that now. Those things can go fuck right off when on a melee character as it is. XD

Awriiiight, the Chapter 17 and 18 Hard Mode attempts and/or the Platinum tomorrow. Four bosses on one set of MP might be a little tough

Finished the combat simulator. Will have to do a partial 2nd run though because the 4th round was hectic enough that I forgot to scan Ifrit. XD

Just need to finish last 2 chapters of hard, do 1 more set of dresses and get the ability on 1 more weapon for plat. You'll probably get it before me though because I'm going into a 3 day stretch at work and won't have much time to play until Tues.

Hard Mode last boss was a bitch (partly my own fault for expending too much MP on one character in the previous fight, but there was also one instance where it glitched and nothing would target on the final form :mad: ).

Got the Platty, now it's out of the way for the end of the month when Xenoblade Remaster comes out :nod:

The slower Shinra HQ did grow on me a bit the third time through.

Apparently the Ultimania Guide for FF7 partially confirms one of the things I was wondering

There's four different Sephiroths in the game. Cloud's hallucinations, Cloud's memory, OG Sephiroth, and whatever the final boss is (Max Dood on Spoiler Mode figures it's Advent Children Sephiroth because there's a scene in that movie where he more or less summons the Whispers)

Also the three ghost Whispers you fight with the final boss seem like they're Cloud/Tifa/Barrett variations, but they're Sephiroth's nerd squad from Advent Children, down to having the same attack animations and the Japanese names of one of them being named after the character's Guns

The small details in this game are fucking wild and that spoilercast with Max is way recommended

• Shiny 1

The thing with the 3 colored whisper guys is kind of what I figuring since there was a lot of AC allusions going on in that part of the game and they were 'Sword guy', 'Gun guy' and 'Punchy guy' just like Kadaj, Yazoo and Loz were. Didn't realize the attack animations were the same though. Really like some of the effort they put into this all the way through. Hope it carries through to future entries.

As for the different Sephiroth thing, are we counting the 'Sephiroth speaking through the "clones"' as OG Sephiroth or hallucinations? Kind of goes both ways there depending on the part of the game I guess. XD

One thing I wasn't really paying attention to that I caught this time is during the meeting with all the Shinra division heads, they do another Crisis Core throwback and it makes me wonder if we're going to see/hear about Genesis during these at some point (even if just in an easter egg capacity). When Hojo was musing about how to use Aerith for breading, he talked about using candidates from SOLDIER and referred to both "S and G types", so the two separate Jenova projects are still a thing apparently. Since time is being screwed with, they could theoretically have him wake up early, since his purpose in waking was supposed to be to 'protect the planet'. Would be cool if they make heavier use of some of that material since him waking at the end of DC is still kind of a loose end since they never did anything more recent than that game chronologically.

• Shiny 1

Got the plat finished up a little bit ago and got the last Ch. 14 scene as well. Only thing I'm missing now is 1 manuscript page from Ch. 9 because I have to do all of Chocobo Sam's side quests for it but needed to skip the side quests for my last dress. May finish it up tomorrow just for completions sake.

• Like 1