Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Hoops 2019/20

Sloppy play, too many turnovers. Still time left and it's close-ish, but it's hard to see the Raps winning this game :-/

They didn't deserve to win this one. Pretty ugly game overall (especially for the Raps).

They were just so bad last night. I guess all those minutes started to take a toll..? Can't think of a better explanation.

I'm curious to see what the team will look like next season - whenever that is. Gasol and Ibaka's contracts are up. Gasol has looked pretty cooked lately, I wonder if he just retires. Serge still has gas left in the tank, but I don't know if the Raps want to retain him. Other teams might be making him offers as well. And Fred will be a free agent. I think he's done enough to impress a lot of teams. There must be some teams out there that need a point guard that will throw money at him. Masai is going to have some work to do.

Still one more year on his deal.

The Joker is so damn fun to watch, Murray too. I didn't want to cheer against Kawhi, but I'm 100% on board the Nuggets bandwagon now. Going into Q4 with an 8 point lead :shiny:

:sigh: I was lookin forward to Lakers/Clippers and might've even watched a few of the full games

(Twitter roasting'em pretty good, "PG and Kawhi shot enough bricks to build the Clippers new arena")

Kawhi and George shot terribly in that game. At least Kawhi is usually clutch. PG's reputation is a little less reliable... but I expected Kawhi to pull the team through somehow. In the end, I think Harrell was the Clippers' leading scorer. That doesn't bode well :uhoh: And Murray finally went off for the Nuggets, 40 points. Obviously all those missed shots are a big story for the Clippers, but I think the Nuggets out-played them, plain and simple. Jokic killed them on the boards, and the Nuggets were moving the ball (and of course scoring the ball) better for most of the game.

If it's a Celtics/Lakers NBA Finals, then that's when I will tap out and mostly stop watching. Both teams have been there so many times throughout Finals history, I want some variety. Right now I'm cheering hard for the Heat and the Nuggets :shiny:

The KING IN THE NORTH being killed by a Northerner is about right

Poor Nuggets :(

They put up a good fight in this series, at least. I hope they come back better next year. 

We're halfway to the Lakers/Celtics finals that I'm dreading. The Heat still have two chances to knock off the Celtics though (c'mon guys, get it done in game 6 please).

The Beantown Boys are out! I'm 100% on the Heat bandwagon. Finals game #1 is Wednesday night. 

:sigh:

Unless Bam and Dragic can come back full strength for the next game, it's looking like the Lakers sweep the Finals :-/

That was a pretty great win for the Heat last night. I still expect the Lakers to come back and win it quick in 5 games... but now there's a glimmer of hope that it could be a longer, more competitive series.

This is turning into a bit of a series. Even if it ends Sunday night, good on the Heat for taking a couple games from the Lakers. I hope they can win another though :evillaugh: