Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

NJPW Destruction Tour

Today to Sept 22nd.

- They brought back the Young Lion's Cup for another go around. Shooter, Narita, Tsuji, Uemura, Karl Fredericks, Clark Connors, Alex Coughlin and Michael Richards all competing in a round robin tournament. Two matches per show, every match is going to be viewable, including matches that aren't on broadcasted shows. I think Shooter wins over either Narita or Fredericks (I assume Fredericks, I'd position those two as rivals going forward because both have WK Main Event potential)

- 4th, 5th, 6th and 8th are Road To Shows.

- 15th, Destruction in Beppu. Only important match is the RPW British Heavyweight Title match between ZSJ and Tanahashi, there's also a non-title match between Ishii/Yoshi vs GoD, possible it could turn into a Heavy Tag Title match if Ishii/Yoshi beat GoD in preview matches.

- 16th, Destruction in Kagoshima, Phantasmo and Boner defend the IWGP Jr Tags against Ospreay and a newly babyface Robbie Eagles (and possibly previewing the Super Jr Tag Tournament, probably an Oct/Nov thing), and Ibushi defends his Wrestle Kingdom contract against KENTA (assuming KENTA's still not concussed from the Royal Quest NEVER match against Ishii)

- 22nd, Destruction in Kobe, Goto tries to avenge his G1 loss against Shingo Takagi, Naito defends the IWGP Title against Switchblade Jay White.

- The Super J-Cup VODs are probably gonna drop sometime while this is going (already had it spoiled ;_;)

ZSJ in a promo proclaimed he was taking back his RPW British Heavyweight Title from Tanahashi, and then next he's going for Boris Johnson :rotfl:

So an interesting thing coming out of the backstage comments is that I think both Jay and Naito have been going on about a "double title match" at Wrestle Kingdom. I was assuming Night 1 would be one Naito vs Jay White or Ibushi vs Okada and then Night 2 would be the other (which also presumes that Jay wins the IC Title match at Destruction), but now I'm wondering if both matches go on Night 1 and then the winners take each other on in Night 2 for both titles (in which case, please let that be Naito's night)