Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Secret Invasion (Disney+ 2023)

Feels a lot more like a movie than a series, which I think it was at some point?

• Shiny 1

I love the hardcore spy thriller vibe this seems to put off. Really interested in watching it, even though I think Secret Invasion could have been more interesting as a phase (or more) long story arc than a standalone series.

I def miss the spy part of all the Marvel stuff. It'll be a nice break up for the superpowers heavy stuff released. Also i fucking miss Fury.

Crazy disappointed in this show, to be honest. I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. The finale just felt half finished, and incredibly rushed.

Yeah, this wasn't nearly as fun as I was expecting. It had some good moments to it overall, but it felt more like a vehicle for getting Fury "back in the game" than anything. The Skrulls were just a vehicle for that and it felt like a wasted use of them (and Talos). They could have pulled one of a half a dozen comic plots to achieve what they were going for here.

It honestly also felt like something that should have had more time to breath. The concept really needed to be woven into at least 1 full phase of MCU stuff to build suspense. Like if the whole "Harvest" thing would have been used as a after credit thing in End Game or something instead of feeling tacked on here, and things like that (though I get why they didn't want anything post credits for that movie honestly).

On 7/26/2023 at 9:14 AM, MT said:

Crazy disappointed in this show, to be honest. I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. The finale just felt half finished, and incredibly rushed.

Welp, guess I don't have a lot to look forward to.  Just finished episode 3.  Guess we'll see.

So is this as dogshit as every blurb I see about it says?

It seems...fine so far.  I dunno.  I heard jack shit about this since it came out.  I dunno that it is just awful but it's not all that exciting to me either.  I'm kind of ambivalent.  Lol.

I didn't hate it. It was fine. Mismanaged. Story focused on wrong things. Basically the same sort of missteps we've been seeing more and more with Marvels stuff it feels like.

Okay it wasn't just me. Like Mera, didn't hate it. But it felt extremely underwhelming for just 6 episodes. I mean you get some weird facts about Fury's past. A lot of the invasion stuff felt like it was missing pieces for me.

Overall it just feels like it was slapped there as a timeline point for future stuff. Not really flushed out to do it justice of a proper spy show let alone Marvel. When it got to the finale episode i was all "wait.....really? Where was the build?"

22 hours ago, Mera'din said:

I didn't hate it. It was fine. Mismanaged. Story focused on wrong things. Basically the same sort of missteps we've been seeing more and more with Marvels stuff it feels like.

I think a lot of the problem I had was (and I understand why this wasn't a thing) that the skrulls,

outside of Rhodey, didn't really hide as anyone important. If Hawkeye or Black Widow or one of the other Avengers had turned out to be a skrull it may have been more interesting,

but there's almost no way that was going to happen. I don't really know what could have been done differently, though.

Yeah, I finished it and it was kinda meh.  Like it wasn't bad but...I dunno I guess I feel the same as everyone else lol.

I've seen a lot of these, but this is probably my favorite of the most recent ones

• ROFL 2

I love this guys reviews and this was the best summary of a "meh" show.