Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Fall season 2022

Coming soon to a screen near you..! The Fall anime season has some stuff that I am super excited about :nod:

Some useful links:

I still don't do HIDIVE so I dunno what they've got. Also unsure of what might be coming up soon on Prime, Netflix, etc...

My for-sure-I'm-watching-them titles are...

• Chainsaw Man
  • Spy x Family
  • Gundam: The Witch From Mercury
    • FYI the prologue episode is on YouTube and OH MAN IT IS GOOD :mosh:  I have wanted a new Gundam series in my life for literally years now and I am very hyped for this! @Vic Boss please come back and chat about Gundam with me 

As always, I will also be looking out for interesting anime originals. Nothing has jumped out at me yet. I'll have to wait and see what else Crunchyroll has in the lineup and then decide what else to check out.

A couple other interesting items:

• The Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie is now available on Crunchyroll, so I think I will try to watch that one night this weekend (still thinking about picking up the manga from where the anime left off as well... maybe now is the time to get into that, after watching the movie!)
  • Berserk's Golden Age arc is getting an anime series, but I think this was already covered in movies that I'm pretty sure I already watched a few years ago... so I'm not sure if I'll bother watching the anime, but maybe

What are you looking forward to? Discuss!

With Beserk they said it's a memorial edition. So probs not a lot they're gonna add or change up other than remastering the visuals i think.

I got to see Jujutsu Kaisen 0 in theaters. Totes worth it. 

Now as for the other stuff. This is def my season for comebacks! :shiny:

Spy Fam S2

MOB PSYCO S3 FINALLY

Hero Acadamia S6

FUMETSU ANATAE S2

Urusei Yatsura revamp! @Lucy!

Golden Kamuy S4!

New stuff list is super small. Mainly to see if Chainsaw Man and is all the hype it's getting. Might look at a couple of others, Legend of Mana for sure since i have gamer friends who are looking forward to it, but not much more to look into. 

Also how the fuck is Bleach not done? I fell behinf so far back in the story i have no clue what all is happening and no energy to rewatch it. 

Can't wait to not have enough time to watch anything during this most hype of hype seasons :shiny:

Make time for Gundam!

My Hero Academia S6E1

- Save Japan, Hawks. Fuck the rest

- Ayyyyyy Dr Eggman

- Yo, it's fucking GO TIME

- Hmmm, so it sounds like the PLA did set up the heroes somehow but not everyone on the villain side, like Jaku, knows it?
- Death flags for Endeavor

- Ah yep, they figured out they were coming. Was it ever revealed who the actual traitor was (Present Mic probs) or was Hawks just not a fakeout?

- Eggman's got the master plan

- Oops, Muscle Girl fucked it all up for him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

My Hero Academia S6E1

Reveal hidden contents

- Save Japan, Hawks. Fuck the rest

- Ayyyyyy Dr Eggman

- Yo, it's fucking GO TIME

- Hmmm, so it sounds like the PLA did set up the heroes somehow but not everyone on the villain side, like Jaku, knows it?
- Death flags for Endeavor

- Ah yep, they figured out they were coming. Was it ever revealed who the actual traitor was (Present Mic probs) or was Hawks just not a fakeout?

- Eggman's got the master plan

- Oops, Muscle Girl fucked it all up for him

I found the old thread for this series. So imma put my comments there for eps. 😁

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER FOR FALL I DUNNO HOW I'M GONNA KEEP UP

Here's my list so far but I might get sucked into other stuff as time goes on

• Spy x Family (it hasn't even been that long since part 1 and I still felt like it was seeing old friends for the first ep of part 2 lmao)
  • Chainsaw Man! FINALLY
  • BNHA I am VERY interested to see how anime-only watchers are gonna lean reaction wise.
  • Mob Psycho 100 yes yes yes
  • Bleach! Did I watch all of the previous anime? Absolutely not. I read the whole manga but I could not tell you a goddamn thing about it. Still, I love the aesthetic and I'm gonna relive some of my younger years
  • To Your Eternity season 2 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • URUSEI YATSURA NEW MAKE LET'S GOOOOOOO
  • Gundam Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch Lee and I are gonna watch together and have been too busy to sit and watch the first ep but I'm gonna push for that tonight or tomorrow I can't wait anymore!!!
  • More Pop Team Epic, for those times where you don't want to think and just laugh
  • Depending on if I like the animation style of the Berserk arc I might give it a watch just because it's been so long since I've read or watched any
  • I will absolutely watch the mini Di Gi Charat eps.
  • I still got a lot of shit to watch from last season and from my backlog in general, good thing I have no life!
  • Like 1

Coulda sworn that we had a separate thread for Mob Psycho but I might be thinking the other forums. ah well.

New OP for it is BANGING. And I'm curious to see where the story leads.

I watched the Jujutsu Kaisen 0 movie today and it's effing rad. Loved it. Very tempted to re-watch the anime, but I think I will start reading the manga instead.

First ep of Princess of rhe Biblophile is essentially that beauty and the beast meme of. 

"Get that bitch a library.....bitches love libraries"

Golden Kamuy S4E1

- "COME BACK NICE AND HEALTHY SO I CAN MURDER YOU"
- This intro sure making it seem like SHIT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN
- Sugimoto getting some miso for the gang ❤️
- WE SNIPIN
- Koito checking his fucking looks in the hand mirror :lol:
- That's definitely not Ogata
- Shiraishi's used to bandaging up his own bullet wounds
- Yes, we care more about the dogs than you Shiraishi
- Miso vs Revolver, Miso wins
- Jesus CHRIST Sugimoto pulling him through the paper wall
- The fucking communication between these two :lol:
- Sugimoto is a terrible artist
- Awww, Sugimoto wanting to spare Asirpa the purity but she sorta looks like "Yeah, that's gone already, guy"
- They burst in on Sugimoto drawing pictures with the enemy sniper :rotfl:
- Ayyyyy we got a new fucking weirdo party member
- A poisoner
- WHO CAN HIDE THE POISON IN MISO
- "Don't tell me what to do, asshole-peeker"
- THIS WAS THE BIRTH OF JAPAN'S FIRST FIGURE SKATER :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
- Poisoner trying to play a fuck game with Hijikata and guy's just like "I'm going to skin you alive either way"
- Oh, so we buried Ushiyama alive and now they need the specific antidote to save him
- Of course he survived lethal poisoning
- Accepted poisoned fish from the poisoner
- THE CHOICE YOU MAKE and he fucking trips and loses all the fish
- Hijiikata buried alive O_O

God I missed this anime

• ROFL 1

>Boogie Hero and Berserk Saturday

>My Gundam Academia Sunday

>Bleach/Golden Kamuy Monday

>Chainsaw Man Tuesday

>Mob Psycho 100 Wednesday

At least the deluge is spread out

Wow they didn't waste time going staright to the cray-cray for Chainsaw Man. And now i see the hype is legit.

Spoiler

Okay so he's a devil hunter.

Holy shit the list of body parts of his he's sold off. 

Whyyyyyyy does the dog have a chainsaw head too!?!?

Fuck that debt and fees 

Oh the dog's a devil. Duh. 

Thanks a fucking lot pops. 

How can you snuggle up to something rhat can rip your face off any second with that blade!?!?!?

FUCK THIS KID CAN'T WIN

TRAP

TRAAAAAP

WHAT THE FUCK

FUCKING DUMB FUCKS

Wait does that mean he's gonna merge with the devil dog??

DEVIL DOG'S GONNA TAKE OVER HIS BODY

He comepletely healed him!

Duuuuuuuuuude

So if the guy who paid him turned devil and died........who's gonna pay him now? And does he still have that debt???? *plz say no*

Nooooooo he's one of you!!!

Yas! Finally. Win!

• Shiny 1

Chainsaw Man was as wild as the manga and all the hype promised :shiny: I was still a lil skeptical that they'd hold back a bit compared to the manga but uhhhhhhhhh I don't think that's the case now lmao

I was also pleasantly shocked that I was able to watch it within 10 minutes of scheduled release time. Usually the huge site breaking hype eps just crash for hours :rotfl:

• Shiny 2

Thanks for making my hype even stronger.  Really excited to see the anime adaptation.  Really feel like it has the power to do proper justice to the action scenes.

Even the bits of 3D weren't bad in those scenes. Never read the manga and MAH DUDE, this is gonna be one of my new seasonal faves. 

Not at all. Or at least not enough to pull me away from my reactions of what was unfolding on me. I only noticed at glances of them changing it in (what i felt) was appropriate times. 

Chainsaw Man E1

That was heartwarming as fuck tbh

• Shiny 1
  • Love 1

I fell asleep during the first episode of Chainsaw Man, which usually isn't a good sign :lurk: But I watched it right before bed the other night, and I've been sick for a few days now. Not sure what kind of virus I have, but it's totally kicking my ass. I figured Chainsaw Man would keep me engaged enough to stay awake, but sadly I was snoozing about 3/4 of the way through the episode :rotfl: 

Your loss. That was the best shit i've seen for a fucked up story so far. 

Urusai Yatsura started today! @Lucy!!!!!! @Psycho666Soldier!!

Spoiler

I love that it keeps a lot of the classic bits. And the OP is great!!

21 hours ago, Tassifox said:

Your loss. That was the best shit i've seen for a fucked up story so far.

It's all good, I won't be losing out on anything :) It's not like I'm going to stop watching. I've been looking forward to seeing this animated since I read the manga. I just found parts of this first episode to be slow, perhaps even a bit sleep inducing :lol: The action sequence in the middle part of the episode was fantastic though. 

Chainsaw Man ep 2

Spoiler

Oh noe. Don't go falling in love there tiger. Fuck you're far too innocent. 

Well aren't you just a dick

OOOHHHHH FUCKING NUT SHOT FROM BEHIND! GOOD BOY DENJI!

AHHHH DOUBLE NOT SHOT

So work, do good. Or be killed. Alright. 

Oooh he got mad. He likes her too. Lol. 

Hayakawa's gonna kill his new roomie

Dirty Denji.......

OMG DENJI THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANT

LOL I like Power

Oooo! Blood abilities!

Boobs

• ROFL 1

Chainsaw Man ep 3

Spoiler

Power: I'll let ya touch my boobs if you help me find Meowy. 

Denji:How dare that fucking devil!!!

I fucking love this more and more. 

Awww Denji fell into a trap.....again....

Gimme my tits back :rotfl:

Hot holy fuck the animation on the fight scenes is fantastic. 

Chainsaw Man is like if Dorohedoro and One Punch Man had a baby and their best friend Berserk came to hang out once in awhile. Fucking fantastic

• ROFL 2

Chainsaw Man 4

Denji is totes a bottom and I still can't get over how rad the fight scene animation is!

Also something in Chainsaw Man

Spoiler

Episode #4 was easily the best so far. You can always count on Power to mix things up :rotfl: Please start the next episode with 3 squeezes

Chainsaw Man Ep 5 

Spoiler

3 SQUEEZES

Lol she padded the bra. 

MAKINA YOU'RE TERRIBLE 

Ah! That was Hayakawa wasn't it?? Holy shit no wonder he hates devils. 

That's it. All the women in here are weird af XD

Ooo Ghost power!

Oooh no. 

I like the shifting ED songs. 

Riggt? I don't think inwas quite prepared for that kind of moment that you expect in other series. 

Chainsaw man ep7

Spoiler

Ohhhhhh SHIT BARFY FIRST KISS :frownd:

Himeno kinda makes me want to start smoking again like Aki :rotfl: That line in the previous episode about how life is better with vices (or something along those lines) resonates with me. I guess I've got booze for that already though. Suppose I'll pass on the cigs.

Episode #7 was an instant classic.

Denji just going ham on that devil. You love to see it! :shiny: What a nutcase. Great to see this stuff animated.

The barf kiss was of course hilarious. That whole restaurant scene was great. Gotta appreciate how quick Denji is to forgive everybody for trying to kill him. And Power taking all the food for herself :rotfl: And people are impressed that Power is well behaved compared to other fiends :lol: 

• Like 1

Dude this week has been RUTHLESS with characters between Chainsaw Man and Mob. I'm almost afraid to see what will happen in Hero Acadamia and SpyFam if this is the trend for this week!

:tumbleweed:

I watched the last episode of Chainsaw Man the other day. Not the strongest ending to a season imo but it was not bad either. I’m looking forward to more. Curious to see how they handle the rest of part one. I think there’s too much material left to fit into 12 episodes but maybe not quite enough to fill 24 episodes. A movie plus a 12 episode season could be an interesting solution. Or maybe I just want to see Chainsaw Man on the big screen… :lolgrin:

• Like 1

At first I was thinking there's so much more to cover that 24 episodes would be good, but then I realized they've already covered up to Chapter 39 - which is about halfway through.

If they don't so the movie option, I imagine they probably just have an extended season up to like 16 episodes.

I haven't caught up to the end of this season, but overall, really happy with this adaptation.  There's certain artistic nuances they can't capture like the way Fujinami did page layouts, but the animation did massive justice to the action sequences(including adding new scenes to some of the fights).  

Also, holy shit, Mob Psycho ended on such a great note.  Legit one of the best all-time anime in my opinion.  It has the heart and seriousness that One Punch Man is missing.

Spoiler

How fitting that the final battle was against himself.  It really wraps the narrative of the show up neatly the way he had been learning to express himself and be at peace with all parts of himself.  And I loved that they didn't just have Tsubomi say yes, but they're actually developing their relationship.

Gonna have to read the manga soon

• Like 1

Regarding Chainsaw Man

Spoiler

I WANNA FUCKING KNOW HOW MAKIMA'S SCARY POWER WORKS!!!!!!

*crashes back into the forums*

DID ANYONE ELSE WATCH BOCCHI THE ROCK BECAUSE I FUCKING LOVE IT

It's been on my list for manga to read and then anime to watch but other things got in the way, finally went to start it when the final ep was gonna air and binged it all lol

• ROFL 1

I was curious about that one, but I already had a lot on my watch plate.

please give it a go, I have not laughed out loud so genuinely at a show in a while as I did for Bocchi!

edit to add I meant "give it a go sometime" not the DROP EVERYTHING AND WATCH OR I'LL SCREAM AND CRY

• ROFL 1

ok well with other people i will scream and cry and tantrum but after I went too hard at Tassi to watch Ranking of Kings I wanted to be clear I would be respectful this time.

ALL THE REST OF YOU WATCH IT RIGHT THE FUCK NOW OR I START BITING

• ROFL 1

:rotfl:

I'm not sure why I never checked out Bocchi the Rock! during the fall season. Guess I'll add it to my watch list now :)

I mean i'll always give consent to Nelle biting me :koffing: I just always seem to forget about seeing other shows that look interesting but when i've got my watch list set up i put it as an afterthought. :lurk: I will try to remember this one.

You should watch Ousama Ranking too :thumbs: