Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Marvel Studio's Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)

ok so i have a policy of not watching teasers or trailers anymore but I wanted to watch this one and MAN. Very emotional, I'm very excited for this. Gonna be bittersweet to see Black Panther move on without Chadwick.

It looks very promising. I was on the fence about watching this because I want the crew who put so much work into this to succeed but at the same time Letitia Wright can go screw off. But seeing that she's not going to be given the BP mantel makes me feel relieved in that sense.

Curious to see this new underwater race that they're hinting at and what new villain we're gonna get and happy to see we get our Tolkein white boy back!

Those would be Atlantians, lead by Namor aka the Sub-Mariner. Seems like they are setting him up as the villain initially. Not sure if that will persist through the whole movie or not though. They've made him pretty hostile and elitist in some things I've seen/read, but I don't know a ton about the character outside of the fact that he's been around pretty much forever in the comics (was created in the 30s I think?)

• Like 1

Fuckin Namor, holy shit. I honestly never thought they pull that card.

• Shiny 2

Got our tickets! Going for a relaxed Sunday brunch showing. Still not watching anything beyond that first teaser trailer even though I've had some talk about the other trailer pass by me. I just wanna experience this in a laid back way :groovy: just grooooooooovy, man

or somethin', I dunno

Trying to be excited with tempered expectations I guess.

I need to talk to my group about getting tickets, but the ones who usually organize it will be flying out to NC this weekend so Idk if I wanna bug them about it until afterwards.

Going with the wife on Friday around noon.  Let's do this shit. :nod:

I work the next seven days in a row so have to wait until the 19th to see it. 😩

What a long ass movie,  I didn't realize it was gonna be near 3 hours long. Felt like it, too. Will type out more thorough thoughts in the morning.

Just got out of theater. Overall solid movie.

Spoiler

-Still fucking love Angela Basset and her acting. She was powerful in a lot of what's happened Ramonda since the loss of her husband. 

-Enjoyed Namor's character. Very unique with his abilities and how he differs from his people. 

-We get Iron Heart!! 

-300 D-12 water damage 🤣

-As if i wasn't crying enough today. Everytime cutting to T'challa moments of silence. Fucking teared up or cried each time. Didn't help that there seemed to be this unspoken agreement in our theater that each time went dead silent. Even the few kids there. 

-THAT BITCH DeFontine!

I have more thoughts but will wait on others input. 

Desi and I saw this last night, and it was fantastic, not quite as good as the first, but a solid sequel.

• Like 1

Finally saw it. Movie pacing felt a bit slow, but appropriately so for what they were trying to convey.
Barring the fact that it just couldn't be what it would have been without Chadwick Boseman, I actually enjoyed it more than the first one I think. Though I didn't really find the whole Killmonger storyline interesting so that's probably a big part of my feelings there. The way they worked with Boseman's death was well done and the movie felt like almost as much of a memorial to him in the trappings of the MCU as it did a movie. Where it wasn't that, it made interesting use of new characters.

- Still not sold on the actress for Riri, but will wait until I see more to judge. Think I would have preferred them keeping her younger.

- Angela Basset really stole the movie. The whole UN scene was absolutely fantastic.

- Really like how they did Namor too. Felt a little iffy from the trailers, but it was well done. Honestly wasn't sure how the winged feet would go, but it worked really well. XD

• Like 2