Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Summer Anime '22

Yurei Deco #3

Still enjoying this show quite a bit! Nice to know more about Hack and who the Yurei are. It totally didn't clue in to me during the first couple episodes that Neuromancer, a fantastic sci-fi book, is likely a source of inspiration for this. But seeing a character named Finn in episode 3, more talk about the Hyperverse, and the way people go into the Hyperverse, the similarities to Neuromancer's world became so obvious.

It's good check it out!

• Like 1

Abyss definitely took another dark turn in ep 3. Like legit idk how they keep up such light hearted stuff with the hidden darker stuff so smoothly.

Spoiler

That whole scene where Kaja is explaining "value" in the Balancing was super creepy. It's going to be interesting to see how the story behind Hollows works out with the people who were in search of the Golden City flashbacks. Which I'm pretty much betting any of the Hollows we've seen with Kaja now is them.

Overlord continues to be great. Love it.

I found this week's episode of Overlord to be rather sleep inducing, though I had a long day that day... I have no recollection of what happened. There was a lot of talking. Gimme some more action next week plz :lurk: 

Been catching up on things I've fallen behind on.

Summertime Render episode 12 was one of those HOLY FUCK episodes :rip:

• Like 1

Danmachi S4 finally started! Little slow for starters but they do have new adventures to start on! I'm excited!

Call of the Night has been okay but nothing super big to write home to. If something doesn't change by ep 5 i'll put it on the backburner for later. 

Summertime Render 15!!! BLOODY FUCKING HELL!

Spoiler

Fuuuuuuuck shot to the head sniper style! They are NOT messing around this time!

Shiiiiiit only 1 loop left. 

Duuude final showdown? Really? Makes me wonder what the last 10 eps are gonna be like.

Fuck! Army of Shadows!

Oooooh? I'm surprised that Toki-chan can still control some of the babeh shadows. 

Oh that's why!

Yaaaaaas BUUUURRRRRN :angry:

:O OH FUCK USHIO?!?!?

Ahhhhhh diy bullet proof vest!!!!! 

Sofuckingclose!

Shadow House 3!

Spoiler

Oh fuck soot sickness

Aaaaaaaand now you have a phantom

The figure is the missing Christopher isn't it?

summertime render-- what a fuckin' ep, man. I love this show.

• Shiny 1

LycoReco is AOTS, I’m calling it now. Episode #4

The first five minutes or so were on fire :rotfl: 

Takina is learning to enjoy life :heart:

The bit at the end too where Chisato gets caught trying on the boxers :rotfl:

Chisato is such a wonderful character. 

• Like 1

More good stuff in Yurei Deco this week too!

Berry’s situation pulls at the heart strings a little bit :crying2: I hope she gets reunited with her family at the end.

• Like 1

Watched the first two episodes of Uncle From Another World, and it’s great so far. Very funny. This man’s commitment to  SEGA is something special :love2:

• ROFL 1

Summer time render

Spoiler

NOOOOOOOO NOY SHINPEI'S PARENTS

Lycoris Recoil #5

Spoiler

This show is pretty good. Interesting that Chisato has a artificial heart, to where I'm wondering what happened at Tokyo Tower. 

Also that was pretty brutal what happened to that Lycoris at the end.

• Like 1

Chisato is rapidly becoming one of my favorite characters (in any show, ever) :heart: Her personality is infectious and the voice acting is so good too. 

Episode

The friendship between Chisato and Takina continues to blossom :love:

I am also very curious about what went down at the tower!

Dude we're def getting into the juicy background info about Chisato now.

Spoiler

-The fact that it's not only an artificial heart, but from the sounds of it, one that is higher tech than the DA has ability to make since Takins said so herself....Chisato had no heartbeat, thus it's a different method of pumping Chisato's blood (?) 

-Which mean the Alan Corp has super high tech secrets.

-And that Alan has made some kind of pact with Chisato when making and giving her said artificial heart (Alan's Children??? 👀 )

-Something super big happened in that Tower that, for all we know atm, only Chisato, Alan, and Mika know about. 

Summertime Render!

Spoiler

Ushio always asks the important questions. :xd:

Oof. Nothing like having a self-hate talk with yourself like this. 

......old man what'cha doin?

OH SHI-

Dude, Shadow-Mio, STOP POKING THE BADGER AT THE WRONG TIME

Not the kids!

Priest is gonna be behind all of this i swear to fucking Hel.  If the first priest started this like the Doc said, then Karaikiri gotta be in the know. 

LycoReco just keeps getting better! :love2: No doubt about it now, AOTS for sure. 

Takina celebrating her rock-paper-scissors victory :heart:

• Like 1

I liked this week’s episode of Overlord better than the last few. Curious to see how things play out with the Dwarves and Quagoa. Oh, and Ains facing off with Frost Dragons!

Summertime Render! OH SHIT

Spoiler

Wait......WHAT?!?!?! Okay i knew the priest had to have known something but I didn't think that he would be Shide!

OH SHI-

Talk about fucked up family. 

JE-ZUZ WHY ARE WE DOING CREEPY FACES NOW?!

That seems too easy.....there's gotta be another Shide

YUP THERE'S ANOTHER USHIO!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK

FUUUUUUUUCK 

Ushio didn't loop with him.........shiiiiiiit

those sure were some whole ass faces they made

• Jizz lol 1

I finished the first part of the new Bastard!! ONA on Netflix last night. Overall, it was a pretty mixed bag, but I guess I enjoyed it well enough to keep watching it. I think the second part is coming in September. I'm sure I'll end up watching the rest of it, even if it isn't at the top of my watch list...

It definitely keeps to how it was with the original OVA back in early 90's. Which was only 6 eps. So they're finally getting into the full length of it which I appreciate. But yes. It definitely has its own flavor so to speak. Which was exactly hownthe OVA was with the jokes and hentai moments. So not much has changed there. XD

This is one of the few things i watched as a young weeaboo and it aged well. 🤣

Summertime Render

Spoiler

JUST FUCKING DIE SHIDE

Fuck ya Hizuru!!!

LycoReco and Yurei Deco are both still v. good :nod: I had comments about each new episode but I didn't post them in time and now I forgot... :fup: In any case, this week's episodes were good stuff.

Also, lately Shadows House has been more interesting than ever before. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

LycoReco is def getting good in the story now.

Spoiler

Considering we now got a tiny bit of background on green-haired dude (blanking on name atm) and a smidge more on Chisato with the Tower incident as we know.
Also WHAT IS ALAN DOING TO CHISATO!?

At times I’m still so lost in Overlord, too many characters and places to keep up with, but there were a couple interesting developments this week. 

What a noble king … off with his head!! 

:rotfl:

i've fallen behind on anime because of huge chronic pain flare ups but just got my meds refilled so that  ship should right and maybe I'll actually post reactions again.... planning to give yurei deco a go finally! I think i'm only one behind on lycoreco, I haven't watched any shadows house since season 2 premiere.... only thing i've kept current is summertime rendering. PREPARE FOR REACTION SPAM or don't because I might just enjoy em and not type thoughts because i'm lazy who the fuck knows

• Shiny 1
  • Sad 1

Definitely give Yurei Deco a look :thumbs:

7 hours ago, dr. b said:

too many characters and places to keep up with,

You know you just described my biggest issue with majority of Shonen stuff here. :rotfl: In fact i'm almost gonna get to that point with Orient S2 here.....

lycoreco 8

Spoiler
  • help me i can't fucking breathe the fucking shitpile parfait going viral help
  • i love all their fucking sidejobs
  • that is a giant ass bag of money i want one too, damn
  • TAKINA FINDING OUT WHY THE PARFAIT WENT VIRAL LMAOOOOOOOO POOR GIRL
  • I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW such a good transition into the heavier meatier story stuff
  • shit goin' dooooooooown
  • i don't care what the actual explanation is, Chisato is now officially a mahou shoujo

• ROFL 1

15 hours ago, Anelle said:

lycoreco 8

Reveal hidden contents
  • help me i can't fucking breathe the fucking shitpile parfait going viral help
  • i love all their fucking sidejobs
  • that is a giant ass bag of money i want one too, damn
  • TAKINA FINDING OUT WHY THE PARFAIT WENT VIRAL LMAOOOOOOOO POOR GIRL
  • I LOVE THIS FUCKING SHOW such a good transition into the heavier meatier story stuff
  • shit goin' dooooooooown
  • i don't care what the actual explanation is, Chisato is now officially a mahou shoujo

Yes Takina's parfait creation was magnificent :rotfl: Never change, Takina :heart: 

SUMMERTIME RENDER 20!! Only 5 eps left!!!!

Spoiler

Showdoooooooooooown!

Oooooooo yessssss possess!

Ahhhhhh! Brother's back!!!!!

Nuuuuuu! MIO! SOU!

Tokiko!

Damn he's getting these loops down more accurate even if he can't legthen the horizon.

Fuck i had a heart attack seeing the old man's hat without the old man!

HIZURUUU

Shadow House 8

Spoiler

I'm actually not that surprised that Maryrose is the big reveal for Master Robe. She seemed like the most likely when she and Barbara are so heavily insinuated in the ED song. 

LycoReco 9

Spoiler

This show is great and is very interesting, but not  sure if I'll like how it will end.  But I mean you'd think another heart would have been produced by now? Which I'm suspecting that might what be in that briefcase. 

Also wonder if Robot kid is dead, since how much more could Majima actually use him for now that he's meeting Shinji.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:37 PM, Eizan said:

LycoReco 9

Reveal hidden contents

This show is great and is very interesting, but not  sure if I'll like how it will end.  But I mean you'd think another heart would have been produced by now? Which I'm suspecting that might what be in that briefcase. 

Also wonder if Robot kid is dead, since how much more could Majima actually use him for now that he's meeting Shinji.

When I really get into a show like LycoReco, I worry about not liking the ending... I'm hopeful for this one though, because it's just been so good throughout. Even if it's not necessarily a perfect happy ending, here's hoping it's good anyways.

I kinda wonder if Robota will turn on Majima and end up helping the Lycoris in the end... he would have to overcome his issue with Walnut too though...

Yurei Deco #9

This episode was a bit of a slow burner, but I enjoyed Finn's backstory. The scene where the detective club finds Finn and Hack told him how it was, that was a nice moment.

So whoever it was that was talking about trying to find the Made in Abyss movie? Apparently Hulu FINALLY added it, along with what looks like the first season in 2 other movies vs the series. Dunno hoe i feel about that or how much they edited it to do that. But it's finally fucking there. 

Dude these last 3 eps of Summer Time Render are gonna be intense. 

Spoiler

Seriously thought they almpst had Shide there. Then the fucking red eye on Ushio

So i finished Cyberpunk:Edgerunners. And hot damn it's crazy and one of Trigger's best works i'd say. 

If i remember it's based off the game. But the stoey gave me big Gurren Laggan vibes (as well as probably the art style a bit). Lots of bright colors, strobing or static effects for those who are sensitive to that. Lots of insane action and i enjoyed the characters. 10 eps 1 shot. I recommend. 

I was gonna check that out this weekend :thumbs: Also, new episodes of Bastard!! hit Netflix this week, so I guess I'll continue watching that too.

I saw that too! Finally!

But yes, highly recommend Cyberpunk. Especially when it's a 1 shot and not (from the looks of how the story went) isn't going to beba continuing series. 

3rd to last ep of Summer Time Render. *takes a deep breath* lets go. 

Spoiler

Daaaaamn baby Hiruko looks creepy

Cold Shide

Sooooo.....the Underside of Stranger Things

Awww Ryuu

Oh that's fighting dirty

Fuck ya! Beat his ass!

Yurei Deco miiiiiiight be AOTS. I'm not sure yet. I have a couple gripes with the final episode, but the final scene was really satisfying and made me forget about my complaints about...

...how it jumped from the showdown with Injunction Jo to Berry being back at home and Hack apparently having chosen to stay on Mark Twain and accept Jo's offer. If only there had been one more episode, so they could have elaborated on that a bit more. Oh well. Maybe the writer(s) wanted us to use our imaginations. I can live with that. And the embrace between Hack and Berry at the end was very satisfying :heart: 

---

I also have pretty high hopes for the final episode of LycoReco. Please don't disappoint me! :sweat: :nailbiting2:

Two very solid anime originals in one season. I've really enjoyed both of these shows :nod: 

• Like 1

Lycoris Recoil was solid! I really enjoyed it. I finally got a chance to start Yurei Deco and I only managed one ep but I'm already all in! Love the vibe and the general story so far!

Got several episodes of Summertime to catch up on, but I since I had to do some bed rest recently and had seen a few spoilers I just binged the whole manga lmao. Very very very excited to see it play out in anime form, but I've just had.... a lot going on in life and with my preferred sub being behind anyway I've just kinda let it pile up to binge sometime soon. I just gotta do it before October starts because October has so much shit I'm gonna be watching!

• Shiny 1

That was a very solid finish to LycoReco. But Yurei Deco might still be AOTS for me. Kind of splitting hairs at this point though. Two very, very good anime originals in one season! Also, Shadows House Season 2 was far better than the first season IMHO. Watched it with the kiddo and we enjoyed it a lot.

ah fuck i somehow forgot completely about shadows house season 2 even though i keep up with the manga faithfully lmaoooooo

Watched ep 24 of Summertime Render and at first I thought maybe I misread the episode count since the vibe it was giving was a finale but it showed a "next time" title which makes me wonder how it's gonna tie it off after all that happened in this ep. But today's ep was super good.

Spoiler

That final fight with Shide
Stopping Haine from touching the alien whale.
IT CAME FULL CIRCLE T_T USHIO GAVE HER EYE TO SHINPEI, NOT HAINE'S AAAHHHHHHHHH

Agreed this season of Shadow House was much better. Maybe since they got a 2nd season they got a chance to clean up some of the flubbing they did in S1.

Ending of Lyco Reco was perfect!

Pretty solid finish to Overload IV. I knew something was off about Renner, but wow :O.O: Climb got mixed up with the wrong girl! :uhoh: I guess we'll get another season eventually... seems like it's still pretty popular, and there is a lot more source material left to cover. I'm glad this season is over now though. I've had my fill for a little while.

• Like 1

Uwaahhhhhhh the finale of Summer time render made me fucking cry. This was a good long 1 shot series. 

Spoiler

HIZURU'S BROTHER LIVES AND HAS A MINI HIZURU!!!!!! OMFHEAAAAAAAAART

Shide fucking lives a normal human liiiiiiife!

Festival goes off without a hitch!

Oh fuck Hizuru actually showing emotion!

Go get her Sou!!!!!!

Finished Bastard!! last night. Looks like there's more yet to come.

• Like 1

Binged the rest of Summertime Rendering! Absolutely loved it, even having binged the entire manga recently the finale still had me all choked up

• Shiny 1

What about Yurei Deco!? Did you finish it? I am rewatching it with my daughter (she really likes it so far, 4 episodes in) and I still think it is fantastic.

Nope, still only 1 ep into that but I'm saving my continued watching of that for after I'm current on brand new stuff (which should be within this week) just so that I don't feel so left behind!