Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Spring Anime 2022

What I find interesting and curious of how it'll play out is:

Spoiler

Shadow Ushio is obviously the "traitor" as the Shinpei (Or Mio?) Shadow called her. Which means whatever they are up to, she wants no part of it.
NOW is Shadow Ushio actually pretending to forget that she's a shadow? Or did she somehow legit forget and thinks she's the real Ushio? My feel is that she's trying to BE Ushio either out of guilt for the others killing the original, but had super sucky timing. While she really seems to be sincere that she couldn't fully remember dying, she somehow remembers a little bit, for all of like 5 minutes. She comments on dying, but it seemed way too fast to switch from that to not sincerely believing she really died and moving on like nothing's happening.
Then you have Shadow Shinpei lecture her about being a dumbass for revealing herself after they already had Ushio's funeral. So if she was pretending to "not remember" that she's a Shadow......where has she been since they killed the real Ushio and why is she picking now of all times to reveal herself?

ALSO NOW WE FINALLY MAYBE GET TO HEAR MORE ABOUT SECRET AGENT GLASSES LADY! :shiny:

Summertime Render 4

I love how you can't trust fucking short-term scene transitions in this anime

• Shiny 1
  • ROFL 1

Tomodachi Game is stepping up a little bit. Curious to see where it goes from here.

@Vic Boss @Lucy@Anelle @Psycho666Soldier SUMMERTIME RENDER 5!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys....guys.....GUYS......I actually had to pause at some bits to calm my fucking heart because there is so fucking much to take in a VERY short time......idk if I can take 20 more eps of this at this rate. PLEASE DON'T FUCK THE ENDING LIKE PROMISED NEVERLAND!!!

Spoiler

YOU CAN KILL THE SHADOW BY HURTING THE SHADOW!!!!
Secret agent lady can tell the difference between Shadows and Humans!?
SHADOW (S)!!!! PLURAL!!!! HOW MANY FUCKING SHADOWS DO WE HAVE?!
Secret agent lady knows Shinpei's ability. Do I hear a prophecy?!?!
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!
Shin's eye belonged to MOTHER?!?!?!?!
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

WHO THE FUCK IS DR MAN WHO OBVIOUSLY KNOWS WHAT'S FUCKING HAPPENING!!??!?!?!?
WHY DOES SECRET AGENT LADY KNOWS MOTHER'S NAME?!?!?!?
GO SHADOW USHIO!
Oh shit his starting point moved!!!!!

Fuck if I smoked, I would need a cig bad after that ep.......

Summertime Render

Spoiler

Things definitely ramped up in this episode.  I feel like there was sort of a shock dump in the first episode, and then it took a bit of a slower pace over the next couple, and it seemed we were set for a smooth cruise of getting pieces at a time.  Nah, they said fuck that with the big shadow dude and revealing the end of the loop.  A lot of pieces revealed, but still not completely sure how they all fit.  Curious to see how having Mother's eye relates to Shinpei's upbringing and the Objective Mode version of him.

Also, who's Ryuunosuke's sister?  The way they keep cryptically mentioning her makes me feel like that will be some big reveal later.

• Shiny 1

Summertime render

Spoiler

I have a personal theory I'm ruminating on (and it's killing me not to search) but some things I want to point out that less weeby folks might not pick up on---

• The pen name (and name given to Shinpei) our shotgun wielding friend uses is a masculine name. He is not only shocked because it is the name of the author he's been reading (but that's mostly why he's shocked lol)
  • they use more masculine forms of speech. (using "boku" as their way of referring to themself, as well as other mannerisms in their speech pattern)
  • when talking to "nee-san" they seem to be speaking to themself
  • they also appear to talk to Ryuunosuke directly as a separate person after being shot. Glasses are off at this point.
  • When apologizing to Shinpei for not believing the message sooner, they are now using "watashi" to refer to themself and glasses are on so maybe it's not the glasses hmm

THEREFORE I think there's some dual personality shit going on. It already seems like Shinpei is possessed by Ushio, so maybe it's a ghost thing (or shadow fuckery?) but maybe it's just a split thing. Like, it's not uncommon to have a pen name that is intended to be a different or a neutral gender, but the way she speaks is what has my ears pricked up. Did she have a younger brother affected by Shadows? Has she created this personality as a response to some sort of trauma? Am I so far off base it isn't even funny? Do the glasses affect who's in charge or are they just glasses? How did she fuckin' dodge that shotgun blast, is it powaaaaaas? GUESS WE'LL FUCKIN' SEE

It's wild to get so big of an info dump on the Shadows without actually truly learning too many details. 

Shadow!Ushio reforming and just fuckin' SLUGGING big shadow boi is great, I had to rewatch that like 5 times just because it was so enjoyable

• Shiny 2
  • Eek 1

Shield Hero has mostly been bad this season, but this week’s episode was actually pretty good I thought. 

Cool to see Rishia unlock her fighting abilities a bit! And I was legit rather bummed out over Ost

:crying2:

• Like 1

Deaimon is still quite good. Itsuka :crying:

@Anelle I did NOT catch most of those tidbits! Fuck, I may need to rewatch those 5 eps and see what other details I may have missed.

Spoiler

I did notice the change in some of the speak for Ryuunosuke near the end, but I didn't clue in on the author name before.

Still enjoying Dance Dance Mansuer and Executioner!

OH MY GOD PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE ELSE IS WATCHING YA BOY KONGMING/PARIPI KOUMEI

it's so ridiculous but it takes the absurdity and just leans into it and I'm fucking hooked. 

Don’t see that one on Crunchy… where is it available?

It's on Hidive, and they haven't convinced me to subscribe to them yet so I went to nyaa :lurk:

Huh. Never heard of it. Nyaa is too much work but maybe I’ll look at Hidive. 

Speaking of things you can apparently watch on Hidive, Onipan! is on there. It looks most likely to be trash, but Wit Studio is involved so part of me wonders if there’s something more to it :lurk: 

I am just now realizing that shows marked "dubbed" on there also have the japanese audio option, and I am WAY more interested in it. I'll probably go on and sign up, I didn't want to pay for dubs I will never watch but I would like to watch some of these older shows..... 

Summertime Render 5

A whole episode of "What THE FUCK IS THAT"

I was thinking the whole time that Ryuunosuke was gonna shoot Shinpei and I loved that Shin realized himself that he'd have to die to get out of it :nod:

I also really love that it's confirmed that his reset point is moving forward, so he doesn't get unlimited continues and there is a sense of desperation instead of "Hm, let me try that again the right way *suicides*."

I did notice the Ryuunosuke using a masculine name thing but didn't put together the possible personality differences or some other weird power like Shinpei being involved in it. The armless shadow sitting in the wheelchair with what I assume was Ryuunosuke's prof/dad/whatever sure made me go "WHOA WHAT'S THAT" too

• Like 1

So, after reading Anelle's comments and having rewatched everything to show my girlfriend, I can confirm a lot of what she's saying.  Spoilers in case this is something you'd rather put together yourself:

Spoiler

Her theory is totally correct in some ways.  There are a LOT of early hints.  For one, the point where she's talking to her "partner" over a voice memo on her phone.  She's leaving a message to herself when her other half awakens(assumingly her brother, whether it's two halves of the same person, possession, a shadow that's fused with the original, or whatever the fuck is going on with Shinpei and Mother's eye and taking a step back and allat).  That's also the message that he "didn't believe soon enough" and explains why didn't remember meeting Shinpei.

The big one for me, though, is 'Narezushi.'  Notice, she mentions multiple times that she HAS eaten Narezushi and wants to try Hitogashima's if they have any.  But when she comes to save Shinpei, she says she has never eaten it.  So unless it's like a separate shadow that actually trades places with her regularly, it's two identities inhabiting the same body.

Other thoughts that washed over me about the last episode after this rewatch:

Spoiler

The episode is such a data and sensory overload that there are a lot of small things to miss(and I was high and tired as fuck at this point, so I probably still missed shit)

Like Tokiko.  She admits to "dirtying her hands" right before getting killed.  The kill is so shocking followed by the monster reveal that you don't have time to process it, but dirtying her hands doing what?!  There's evidence that Shadow Ushio didn't actually kill Ushio(like not remembering how she got there and remembering dying).  Sou knows something about Ushio's death that he looked into but isn't sharing, and didn't share any of this stuff with Tokiko(supposedly).  Is it possible Tokiko is working with the shadows in some way, having been tricked into believing they'll save her family or some shit?  Did she kill Ushio?!  Does Sou know?  Is he in on it?

And that professor, what if he's actually their father or somehow related?  We have yet to actually see their dad even though he holds a crucial piece of information.  It's not like we don't see adults regularly.  Even if it's not the professor-looking guy, there's a whole treasure trove of information that's being withheld regarding that family and it's gonna drive me nuts until I figure it out.

• Shiny 1
  • Jizz lol 1

FUCK I KNEW I LEFT SOMETHING OUT OF MY POST 

Spoiler

the narezushi comments lol

• ROFL 1

22 hours ago, Vic Boss said:

Summertime Render 5

Hide contents

I was thinking the whole time that Ryuunosuke was gonna shoot Shinpei and I loved that Shin realized himself that he'd have to die to get out of it :nod:

Spoiler

This was me screaming at the laptop even when it didn't ding on Shinpei yet. "SHOOTHIMSHOOTHIM BITCH YOU HAVE TO SHOOOOOOOOOT HIM. SHINPEI LET HER MOTHERFUCKING SHOOT YOU!"

@Psycho666Soldier With Tokiko I think she's like Ushio. I feel like there were "Prototypes" as it were of Shadows early on in whatever their/Mother's plan is. Where they try to blend in as 2 forms in 1 body without actually killing the original. But they probably either got a conscious/guilt/bond of some kind where they were risking the plan so then had to change the plan. Thus the murderous Sus Among Us Shadows and needing to kill the originals. OR Tokiko and Ushio were "scouts" in a sense. Trying to get intel for said plan and Tokiko might have had to either kill Shadow Ushio or betray her in general since she was turning traitor. Thus "dirtying her hands".

Fuck I can't wait for tomorrow's ep!!!!! :hop::shiny::mosh:

@Anelle@Psycho666Soldier@Vic Boss@Lucy

Summertime Render 6! This ep was more low key compared to last week.

Spoiler

Oooooh this is an interesting direction. Little flashback to reset....2? And we have an official name to Sexy Agent Lady.
OH! AAHHHH!
Now we see Sus Doctor from last episode.
The way Hizuru is speaking, def makes it more likely that she has a Shadow merged with her since she is trying to recollect memories of her time of the island and people she knows. And a similar incident with Ryuunosuke? So possibly what's happening here is some future foretold?
So she knows the old man. Shadow she KNEW??? Possibly the one that killed Ryuunosuke?
Okay now fast forwarding to reset 3?
Now that he can tell the difference, he's gonna have a -fun- time.
OH FUCK DADDY ALAN ALMOST GOT KILLED
Old man Nezu's a sniper!
lol Still has time to fan boy gush.

Also was it just me or was there a reason that Shin was hiding his darker eye when asking Mio about her panties?

where are you watching this? It looks like Big Mouse got to the guy that was doing the good subs and the other option i saw on nyaa was apparently machine translations and missing a lot 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Anelle said:

where are you watching this? It looks like Big Mouse got to the guy that was doing the good subs and the other option i saw on nyaa was apparently machine translations and missing a lot 

I'm scared to try to watch this week's now :(

Fear no more, looks like the comments I saw about him gettin' in some hot water were just people talking out their ass because SlyFox sub is up on nyaa :lol:

"New release window is now around 24-48h instead of the ~5h after the MX/BS11 airing on TV (or 1-2h after D+)." so I will just be waiting however long it takes for this guy/group/whatever from now on because I'd rather keep up with their subs

I'll watch this ep later today, gettin' shit done for now but I am ready for more!

On 5/20/2022 at 9:38 PM, Anelle said:

For me, I've still been using gogoanime but I've rarely had issues with bad subtitles. Seriously dunno why Crunchyroll doesn't have this series (tried to show a friend earlier today and it wasn't on there).

it's a Disney+ Japan exclusive

Thanks, Walt 

On 5/22/2022 at 7:06 PM, Anelle said:

it's a Disney+ Japan exclusive

Ah that makes sense. Boo!

speaking of which EP 7!!!!

Spoiler

That's interesting that they can't make another Shadow of someone they've already copied if the first one made dies.
Whelp Nezu confirmed what a lot of us were thinking on Hizuru and Ryuunosuke
I love how Ryu/Hizu is purposely ignoring asking about the human soot outline on the floor.
Fuuuuuck stabbing yourself with the chopsticks!!!
Fuck ya nail guns!
That makes more sense why Shadow Ushio is so insistent on acting like she's the real one.
hahahahahahaha why ya hitting yourself? "Because my younger brother talks too much!"
Welllllllll alrighty then.

Summertime rondorong

Spoiler

AUGH IT WAS THE FUCKING HAIR NOT THE GLASSES I WAS CLOSE LMAO

ryuunosuke is hardcore

that's all i got, big pain day lol

• ROFL 1

So I've been watching I'm Quitting Heroing and I've really been enjoying it. The last 2 episodes have been really good. 

I think it's probably being skipped by a lot of people because it seems like a typical OP main character in an isekai anime, but it's really not. I assumed that at first as well, but kept watching it anyways. 

hmm, that's on hidive, right? I went on and subbed to them so I'll give that a watch sometime soon!

I've watched the first (and I think second) episode of that one, And yes it is cute, good take on the isekai spinoff but overall just didn't catch my attention to really wanna dive into it. Maybe for off season watching.

I have felt very meh on how Shield Hero is going for S2 and we only have 4 more eps. I mean I like some of the direction it's taken but overall we're not getting anything super good here.

14 hours ago, Tassifox said:

I've watched the first (and I think second) episode of that one, And yes it is cute, good take on the isekai spinoff but overall just didn't catch my attention to really wanna dive into it. Maybe for off season watching.

To be honest it didn't grab my attention until Episode 6 it had what I though was a good twist to it.  

On 5/31/2022 at 9:22 PM, Anelle said:

hmm, that's on hidive, right? I went on and subbed to them so I'll give that a watch sometime soon!

Yea it's on hidive. 

• Like 1

I’ve hardly been watching anything the last couple weeks. Too much time spent playing Diablo 2 :lolgrin: Only thing I’m current in is Deaimon. This show is a gem. I love it. 

Caught up on Shield Hero last night. After a couple good episodes to cap off the story arc with Ost, it’s been very mediocre again since. Not entirely sure why I keep watching tbh :lol:

MAL says the second season is 13 episodes. Thank goodness for that. I don’t think I can hold out for a second cour. 

Finally!! Summer Time Render ep 8!!! (for a second I thought they were skipping a week and I was sad)

Spoiler

So Shadow-Ushio can loop too?
lol so they can't just change clothes unless they have copied it
INTERCEPTED BITCH
Whelp if we didn't need anymore proof that Ushio was a shadow....
Oooooohhhhhh Ushio called Hizuru~!
Poor Sou....shocked frozen...

Executioner has been getting horror-esque now and I'm loving it!

SUMMERTIME! @Anelle@Psycho666Soldier@Lucy@Vic Boss!!!!!!!

Spoiler

*GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* SHADOW USHIO AND REAL USHIO!??! :eek2:
So Shadow Ushio has believed she's the real one from the get go even though she seems to be more together here in the beginning. I wonder if that's just an instinct of a Shadow when it's created?
Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit
Wait...shadows can copy a person even when they have a Shadow already???
Ahhhh Sha-shio figured it out.
JEESUS FUCK THAT FACE :blink:
AHHH FUCK MAMA!

Anybody else still watching Shield Hero? It’s been super up and down—more down than up really—but it feels like we’re on a bit of an up swing towards the end of the season here. 

Kizuna is annoying but I like her.  Gotta appreciate her resolve. 

Also the way she hit L’Arc with the blacksmith’s bill at the end :rotfl:

Also, Deaimon continues to be fantastic. I love it. AOTS in my books :heart:

13 hours ago, dr. b said:

Anybody else still watching Shield Hero? It’s been super up and down—more down than up really—but it feels like we’re on a bit of an up swing towards the end of the season here. 

Hide contents

Kizuna is annoying but I like her.  Gotta appreciate her resolve. 

Also the way she hit L’Arc with the blacksmith’s bill at the end :rotfl:

Still watching since we are almost at the end. But if we don't get something kicking here at the end. I most likely watch S3 if we get one. 

I stopped watching it, i figure i'll idly watch the rest at some point but it did not make me care about it in the slightest.

About to watch the finale of Ya Boy Kongming (which I have VERY MUCH enjoyed still) and then I've been saving Komi episodes for a binge watch after we finish the deep clean of the house (which is any day now) and then I'm gonna give Deaimon a watch

40 minutes ago, Anelle said:

then I'm gonna give Deaimon a watch

:jumboshiny:

I’m really gonna miss Deaimon :crying: :crying: :crying:

I’m glad that Shield Hero is done though :rotfl: It was actually a fairly strong finish, but overall the second season was crummy. Don’t want more. 

Shield Hero, done. Idk about it be8ng a strong finish. Just felt like he leveled up a touch more doing pretty much the same thing he did in S1 but partially in another world. Meh. 

Tomodachi Game, done. Not bad. Might want S2.

KOMI- DONE-HGNNNN THAT LAST LINE. 

got a handful more to wrap up and onto Summer!