Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vic Boss

Completed Games 2022

Switch is all I've got, so that's where I'll be playing once I buy it. If I can ever pry myself away from D2:R, that is... also the Fiesta... :lurk: 

I got the FFV Pixel Remaster on my phone. Pretty impressed with it so far. 

The players like excitement 

• ROFL 1

1) :ps4: Uncharted: Lost Legacy

2) :pc: Spelunky 2

3) :pc: Portal 2

4) :pc: Death's Door

5) :pc: Tunic

6) :pc: Rogue Legacy 2

6a) :pc: Rogue Legacy 2 (New Game+1)

7) :pc: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge

11.) :ps5: Ghostwire: Tokyo

Was an interesting game overall, but it leaned WAY too hard in the the open world, collectathon shenanigans to the point of extreme tedium. Combat also got a little samey by the end, but that didn't bother me too much since all the hand movement animations were kind of fun to watch. XD

Lots of cool Japanese cultural stuff, and all the monsters and yokai and stuff were really interesting. Had a lot going for it, but definitely needed a smaller map overall and some things tightened up. Playing on PS5 was probably a mistake though as the aiming on the controller was utterly unpleasant at default. Had to dick with the controls for almost an hour to get to something that felt playable.

12.) :ps4: Donut County

Fun little indie game that was pretty straight forward and short, but quite humorous. Had a light sort of Katamari Damacy vibe. Plan to run through again to try and get all the trophies. Seems like you have to do specific stuff in levels for them and seems like it will be relatively entertaining and get. Nice palate cleanser sort of game.

13.) :pc: (Steam Deck) Aperture Desk Job

This was basically just an elaborate tutorial for using the Steam Deck controls, but was wonderfully absurd in the typical Valve/Portal style. Didn't take much to get through, but any excuse for more Cave Johnson is always welcome.

1) :ps4: Uncharted: Lost Legacy

2) :pc: Spelunky 2

5) :pc: Tunic

6) :pc: Rogue Legacy 2

6a) :pc: Rogue Legacy 2 (New Game+1)

6b) :pc: Rogue Legacy 2 (New Game+2)

6c) :pc: Rogue Legacy 2 (New Game+3)

8 - :pc: Aperture Desk Job

Edit: Added 6c, didn't feel like making a new post about it.

Edited by MT

1. :ps3: Infamous (Platinum)

2. :switch: :n64: Star Fox 64

3. :ps4: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Platinum)

4. :switch: :Genesis: MUSHA

5. :ps3: Infamous 2 (Platinum)

6. :ps4: Uncharted 3 (Platinum)

7. :switch: :Genesis: Strider

8. :switch: Metroid Dread (Dread Mode)

9. :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (Platinum)

10. :switch: Kirby and the Forgotten Land/100%

11. :switch: Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards/100%

12. :ps4: TMNT Shredder's Revenge (Platinum)

13. :ps4: Horizon: Forbidden West (Platinum)

I learned to hate this game the longer it went on.

- Gameplay was too inexact and too low-key cheap that I hated combat just like I did the first game.

- The fixes over the first game were welcome but didn't go far enough.

- Why add underwater sections if you can't fight underwater? Ugh.

- I think the main characters aren't done all that well (Aloy is a massive Mary Sue in that it feels like there's two states for every character in it: their hum-dum existence before they met Aloy, and their inevitable disbelief and wonder at how amazing she is after meeting her or tasking her with something) and the storyline I liked about the past got kind of shark-jumpy near the end (Travis Tate and Ted Faro are the most interesting past characters in the series, and both were kind of brushed aside by the end of this). I still did like learning about the past history and past world

- The character/tribe designs and the visuals were effing great again, the attention to detail and the little touches that show the various tribes misunderstanding or misrepresenting the past was cool as fuck. The Tenakth backstory was cool as fuck and probably my favourite new element added to the lore

- The platinum was thankfully pretty easy to obtain, I did appreciate that they more or less let you taste-test a lot of things to earn it rather than having to do everything. I would've quit trying to Platinum it the first time I played Strike otherwise.

I would say the game hit an average of 6/10 for me, a lot of the gameplay and story elements just dragged me down but there was some really cool or well-designed things in here too. When there's a third game, I'm not gonna bother playing it, just doesn't hit right for me

5. :ps5: Dying Light 2 

I enjoyed the shit out of this game. Plan on doing New Game+ for the other route. 

I think overall I enjoyed it more than the first, but wish it had more of the horror vibe the first one had. Volatiles weren't bad in this one. 

14.) :ps5: It Takes Two

This was a really great game overall. One of the best co-op experiences I've had. It's really nice to see how much stronger this kind of game can be when it goes all in and actually requires co-op. Mechanics were fun, story was interesting if not anything spectacular (and both the characters are kind of not great people honestly XD ) and the levels were all really cool, interesting, and varied. Lot of fun moments all around. Glad this game did as well as it did, because I definitely want to see what else this studio can do. I've enjoyed their previous game as well as Josef Fares' first game, but this one was on a whole other level.

6. :ps4: Digimon Survive - Story was pretty good although surprisingly dark. The SRPG parts of it aren't much, but considering this was a Visual novel those parts were enjoyable. Playing it again to unlock the true ending since you can't on the first playthrough. 

15.) :ps5: Stray

This game was pretty entertaining. Not terribly long or particularly engaging though outside of "lol. Am cat." It being short was to its benefit here though as the game isn't long enough for the charm of it to wear off. Story felt a little forced at times, but was interesting at least. Feels like there were some missed opportunities with the game, but it was still quite enjoyable overall. Might take a stab at the Platinum if the speed run trophy doesn't end up being too bad.

9) :ps5: God Of War (2018)

Played through the game again on easy in two long sessions (well, technically three, but the last session was just that final area) to refresh my memory on the story, and to show my partner the story as well, so I could be ready for Ragnarok. It was kind of interesting playing through the game again, now being more familiar with actual Norse myths. Gonna spoiler some things JUST in case someone hasn't beaten it yet.

Knowing the story of Baldur and Freya, and how she made sure everything on Earth outside of mistletoe could kill her son Baldur had me realizing before it happened in the story this time that that was the reason why she freaked the fuck out when Atreus showed up with the mistletoe arrows. I definitely didn't realize that the first time through, as I don't think I had read that Norse mythologies book.

7. Slay The Spire :ps4: 

So I've only played 3 times so far, but I cleared the game with the Defect. Built a nice Frost/Thunder Tank Combo that worked well. 

16.) :pc: The House in Fata Morgana

Not that I've played a ton of games in the genre, but this is by far the absolute longest visual novel I have ever played in my life. It just would not fucking end. :rotfl:

45 hours and I finally hit the credits. It was good, if a bit padded feeling at points, but fuck. I was ready to be done with it about 15 hours ago. Still was a really unique story though for what it was. It came highly recommended and I see why. Would have made an interesting anime.

10) :wiiu: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Had to wait at the house for my car to get fixed, so I gathered the ol' Wii U, cleaned it off, and brought it over to the apartment. Had to re-purchase the game, as I had sold it (why, I have NO idea) but it's worth it, as it's one of my all time favorite games. I love the world, the characters (Ganondorf is fucking amazing), and the game still holds up visually, almost 10 years later. It also has one of my favorite final battles in the entire series.

I also have Twilight Princess HD, I may get bored enough to give that game another go. I'd beaten it once back on the Wii when it came out, and tried again when the HD version came out but just couldn't do it. I'm also considering playing through Breath of the Wild again sometime soon too.

17.) :pc: Elden Ring

FINALLY! :rip:

This game was amazing, but god damn is it enormous and time consuming too if you play games like me. I know I still didn't manage to do everything still too, not counting quests that I couldn't finish because of choices I made. Really had fun with it despite the frustration at times and the fact that I don't much care for souls games. Might actually try to wrap up the achievements too since all I have left is the ones for finding the different legendary items. The environmental storytelling in this game was beyond compare, even if the actual narrative felt a little too light handed at times. I stayed engaged though, so it couldn't' have done too bad of a job.

14: :ps4: ACA Neo Geo Puzzle Bobble

Swore I'd 100% some kind of trophy list over my one week vacation :lurk:

14: :ps4: ACA Neo Geo Puzzle Bobble/100% Trophies

15 :ps3: :MasterSystem: Alex Kidd in Miracle World/100% Trophies

Bad jumping physics and not very good boss fights. Save states got me this trophy set quick :lurk:

16. :3ds: Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest (68:26, Normal/Casual)

Couldn't play this with perma-death and on the harder difficulty. Rather enjoyed this one. Fire Emblem combat was solid as expected. I got all of the regular interactions and a lot of them were enjoyable (though if felt like a lot of them seemed phoned in, like the writing couldn't figure out how to make a few characters bounce off each other in a semi-natural way). Xander and Ryoma were favourite characters, Camilla was best waifu (but so is Charlotte, Mozu and Midori for different reasons). I didn't get all of the children because I saved without realizing it expected certain conditions in some of the paralogues to be met before they could be recruited. I loved the hidden connection to Awakening with Odin, Selena and Laslow. The ending has me pretty interested in playing Revelations, but Birthright shall come first.

18.) :ps5: Horizon: Forbidden West

Bought this when it came out, but kind of fell by the way side because of Elden Ring. Finally picked it back up so I could finish it before God of War: Ragnarok came out. Didn't quite manage, but got close. XD

Game was pretty good. Great story which was expected. The bland, Ubisoft-style open world shit got a bit tiring about half way through (figured I was in trouble when I was about 10+ hours in before the games title popped up. :rip: ). Main and side quests were all fun and pretty interesting, but the random shit all over the place that it wants you to do got pretty dull pretty fast. Especially when you couldn't even do everything you came across until you had generic special tool to do this specific thing from the main story and had to treck back to everything later to finish it. More than once. :| 

Despite that, the main game itself was good enough to forgive most of that. They definitely set things up for another game as well, so that might be interesting if they can reign their bullshit in a little bit. Definitely some specific things I'd like to see in the next game too since the world building has great in these games too.

The Platinum trophy was nice and straight forward at least and the game had absolutely fantastic accessibility options. Only better ones I've seen at this point were probably Last of Us Pt. 2

8 -  :pc: Aperture Desk Job

11) :ps5: God of War: Ragnarok

I really loved this, probably not more than 2018, but it's pretty close. Definitely felt like an epic game. Felt like they may not have had enough story for two more games, so they made a game and a half, and it took me close to 24 hours to beat, all told. That's with very little side quests done, too (I don't think I did more than 3). The final boss battle ranks up there with the best/most epic I've ever played, and I think it may have knocked Wind Waker's final battle down a notch.  Curious to see where they go from here, without spoiling anything.

• Like 1

Now I'm looking forward to the rest of God of War even more. It's definitely a fun game so far. Finding it very hard to put down to do other things.

19.) :pc:: Vampire: The Masquerade - Sins of the Sires

This is the last of the "interactive novel" games that were put out for VtM, but unfortunately far from the best. Technically speaking, I liked it better than Out for Blood since that was less Vampire and more Hunter feeling than anything, but it was a better "game" regardless. This one felt really rushed and a lot shorter than the others. Very little choice, and what there was did not feel meaningful. You get railroaded through most the story before you even really get a grasp on what's going on, and it ended way faster than expected as well. There was some interesting stuff going on, but it felt very rushed and half assed compared to all the other ones. Unfortunate note to end on with this particular run of games.

17. :3ds: :gb: Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge

Pretty badass game boy game. Few too many cheap deaths. Second last level is rough and I couldn't figure out how to beat the final Wily Machine (forgot one of the weapons that had been accumulated).

8. :switch: Pokemon Violet

Arven story is kind of fucked up, but it was interesting. Although glitchy it's a pokemon game, so it's fine. At least I managed to finish it, think I liked PLA more than this though. 

Having skipped Gens 6-8*, this one felt incredibly refreshing.  Particularly happy I didn't play Sword/Shield.  Definitely has its flaws and things they need to do to make the world more engaging, but overall, I've loved it.

*technically I played Gen 6 because I played Alpha Sapphire, but even though I didn't play Gen 3 before that, it doesn't feel right saying I've actually played Gen 6

My kiddo will be getting Pokemon Violet for Christmas, so I will probably play it over the winter. I rather enjoyed Sword and Shield, but I had never played a Pokemon game before that so it was a new experience for me.

20.) :pc: The House in Fata Morgana - A Requiem for Innocence

Decided to grab this one since I enjoyed the original visual novel so much. Most of it is an expansion of the origin story of the witch in the first game. As such, it's a pretty dark and depressing story, but they had some extra "episodes" after you finish the main game that add on to the ending of the original game that were kind of nice and helped balance out the depressing stuff. Was enjoyable overall, and a hell of a lot shorter than the original which was also appreciated. XD

17. :3ds: :gb: Mega Man: Dr Wily's Revenge

18. :switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Pass Wave 3

Triple starred 150cc, Mirror Mode and 200cc mode of the Stone and Moon Cups, didn't realize it auto triple starred 50 and 100cc automatically if you did one of those.

Both new cups are really good. The mobile game tracks are fun, Boo Lake is the coolest to race, Rainbow Road 3DS looks so fucking cool, Rock Rock Mountain, Maple Treeway and Peach Gardens are classic. Moon Cup in particular will rip your ass apart, Berlin Byways and Peach Gardens are really confined with a lot of corners so it's massive item chaos and Merry Mountain and Rainbow Road are very straight with a lot of jumps and boosts, which makes it easy to make fast headway if you happen to spin out.

12) (Game Boy) Super Mario Land

I never had a Game Boy as a kid, but I have an Analogue Pocket now, so i'm trying to rectify that hole in my history. The physics in this game are so off from every other Mario game, it threw me off the whole time.

• Like 1

21.) :ps5: God of War: Ragnarok

Damn that was a fantastic game. Technically not done as there is a fair bit of after-game content, but I finished the main story.  Solid amount of content for this kind of game too. Think I'm at 56 hours having done everything I could along the way. Might hit 60 by the time I platinum. Hard to say which I liked better between this and the last one, but it's close enough that it probably doesn't matter much. I think the first had the better action sequences and over the top boss fights, but I think I liked the story better in this one for the most part. Just some really solid character development and story telling going on (though the first was pretty great in that department as well).

• Like 1

12) (Game Boy) Super Mario Land

13) (Game Boy) Super Mario Land 2

Much better feeling game than the first, although the physics are still off. Don't know what i'm gonna play next.

22.) :pc: The Pedestrian

Short, interesting little puzzle game that I decided to play through quick as a sort of pallet cleanser after God of War. Caught my eye since I remember being interested in it and it's leaving Game Pass next month so figured I'd do a quick run through it. Most of the puzzles were straight forward until the end when the difficulty spiked pretty strongly. Overall it was fine, but I've played better, and it overstayed its welcome just slightly.

I did end up wrapping up God of War faster than I was expecting after the end. Finished at right about 54 hours exactly w/ the Platinum. That last berserker grave thing was a pain in the ass. Those fights definitely reminded me of the Valkyries in the last one for sure. Jumping into the Crisis Core remaster next. Hope to finish it up before Forspoken comes out next month, but not sure if I'll manage. One thing I didn't realize with this game is they apparently redubbed it with new voice actors, and the one for Zack is really jarring imo. I remember liking the original English voice acting a fair bit so that is kind of a let down. Thank god it has a Japanese VA option. >_o

23.) :pc: Observer: System Redux

Remaster/Expanded edition of a 2017 game. Very "dark and gritty" style of Cyberpunk game. It's one of the few I picked up after playing Cyberpunk 2077 and being disappointed at how little they used the Brain Dance stuff. Story was interesting, through it veers hard into horror a few times, it was still mostly enjoyable and the investigation parts were fun if not terribly complicated. Some interesting side quests and a wild story all around, and the main character is modeled after and voiced by Rutger Hauer, so that was cool. Had fun with it overall, but there were a couple parts where you had to run and hide from a thing chasing you that annoyed the shit out of me and really threw off the experience a little. The rest made up for it overall though.