Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tassifox

Winter Anime 2022

As I was going through some of my lineup I saw that most of the shows are only 2-3 eps away from finishing for the season (I WANT MORE KOMI)

That being said there's a butt ton of new stuff for Winter line up but dunno if anything is popping out at me at the moment. May go over this again later but I'll list my def watches.

Attack on Titan: Finale PT 2
Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc currently airing (FUCK YES)
Vanitas S2
Saiyuki Reload: Zeroin (OMFG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS I GET MOAR OF MY ANGRY MONK)
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou S2 (I actually enjoyed this series so looking forward to this)

There's a couple of new titles that might look good but I'll have to look through trailers to be sure.

https://anichart.net/Winter-2022

• Like 1

I’m pretty much just watching the end of SnK this winter unless I get so bored that I try something else out… nothing is jumping out at me on the chart. 

Sabikui Bisco looks insane enough for me to be curious about it

OK Tribe Nine has my attention since it's the same people that did Akudama Drive and Donganronpa!

I'd heard there was more Saiyuki and I have to admit I'm intrigued, but I haven't kept up with the manga stuff or the more recent anime so I'd be lost as hell :lol: I'm glad it's still going though!

Winterwise I'm just watching JJBA at the moment but will probably get the Kimetsu no Yaiba film under my belt and then carry on with that anime because I enjoyed the first season

They actually re-released the Mugen Train arc movie as a short tv before moving onto the 2nd season with the Entertainment District arc and added more footage in some parts so you have that option as well @Lucy

• Like 1

So slightly less excited about Saiyuki: RELOAD ZEROIN, it's basically a reboot of ZERO but I can tell it's different in a ways. So I'm wondering if they'll actually add some details in this one.

Orient looks pretty good from first ep and Tokyo Ward 24. Might add those to my list.

I haven't looked into any new stuff yet...

:tumbleweed:

I think SnK is coming up this weekend though!

Okay I'm totally down for My Dress-Up Darling. I think the animation is the same as Wonder Egg but I'm so much loving the story already. Especially for someone who didn't learn how to sew from a class or anything and mostly self taught myself for my cosplay and SCA stuff. I nearly teared up in a couple spots.

OH MY GOD today is a day of rediscovery because Bisque-doll/Dress up darling whatever it's called is a series I read like 30 or so chapters of before there was some interruption to my schedule, I don't remember what, and then it just fell out of my mind and i'd sometimes vaguely remember that there was a series I wanted to pick back up but my mind wouldn't give me any details AND I READ THE DESCRIPTION AND IT HIT ME LIKE A TRUCK YES I'M SO FUCKING PUMPED I'M GOING IN FOR EP ONE AND THEN I'M PICKING THE MANGA BACK UP YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ahem

Aside from that---

• Lee and I are excited for SnK! That's one of the few things I've convinced him to watch the sub of so we can keep current so we'll be picking that back up as our thing to watch together!
  • Despite my warnings to others I've been somewhat keeping up with Platinum End just because I want to see how some things are handled and it has remained spectacularly bad so bravo to that, I guess I'll keep torturing myself
  • I've not yet watched any Ousama Ranking but have had it recommended to me so much that I'm likely going to give it a go now
  • Obvs I'm watching Demon Slayer
  • I AM GOING TO PISS AND SHIT AND CRY BLOOD AND TEARS WHEN THE FRUITS BASKET MOVIE COMES OUT GIMME GIMME GIMME

Nothing has really grabbed my attention from blurbs and stuff so I guess I'll wait it out a bit and see if I hear any buzz that makes me want to pick anything else up.

Ousama Ranking has been really good IMO. It's an interesting story and it's really hard not to like Bojji and Kage. Check it out! :thumbs: 

I have also been keeping up with Platinum End, just 'cause I'm dumb and feel compelled to finish things after I've started them, even when they're really bad. I should probably just drop it already :fup: 

WE CAN SUFFER TOGETHER

:highfive:

Is Lee watching Platinum End with you too, and if yes then what does he think of it? :rotfl: 

Nah, he barely watches things so all he'll watch this season is SnK and Demon Slayer

SnK #76

Glad we started off with some action. A few scenes in this episode were rather brutal--bodies dropping everywhere. Marley is really taking it to Paradis :uhoh: Also, I remember Levi getting badly injured by that thunder spear that Zeke set off, but I guess I didn't recall it being quite that bad..! Ouch :rip: 

New OP and ED are pretty solid. I'm not in love with the song in the OP, but overall I liked the whole package of it. Lots of cool images in there.

Had a look at the first episode of Cue! tonight. It's a slice of life about seiyuu. Not great, but OK. I really enjoyed Girlish Number a few years back, also about seiyuu, so I was hoping Cue! might capture a bit of that magic. It ain't the same, of course, at least not to start :-/ I'll probably give it another episode or two to see if it gets better. My hopes aren't too high though. It's an anime adapted from a mobile game...

Shingeki No Kyojin, The Final Shell-Shock Episode 1

There was a point where Floch I think it was goes "Zeke, what happened" and then Zeke goes "I don't know" and I was like "Finally, my thoughts on the plot since the timeskip/setting shift and the actual plot itself are converging."

Action's pretty fun. The animation on some of those fucking roof explosions was really detailed.

I'm pulling for Pieck-chama to win everything and headshot everyone

SnK

Spoiler

Lee frowned at me a few minutes in to the episode and goes "I literally have no idea who they even want me to root for at this point but I'm going to go with none of them. What a bunch of assholes"

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1
  • ROFL 1

Yeah it gets pretty chaotic around this part. Lee can root for everybody to die :rotfl: And lots more good Titan fighting action :shiny:

Ousama Ranking #13

Lots of excitement to start this episode! Dorshe is one tough dude :salute:  Need Bojji to come in save the day here.

Platinum End #14

It dragged in spots, but this episode wasn't entirely terrible :rotfl: It was nice to see Metropoliman bite the dust, and I'll admit I'm a bit curious about the kid character...

SnK #77

I know a lot of folks had a pretty strong negative reaction to Gabi in the first part of the final season... but this is the part where she starts to grow and becomes more likeable imho. She's got at least one more good moment coming up soon too. Watch out for it.

Nile :salute:   

Also, props to Falco for just coming out and saying what he wanted to say. He's pretty mature for a kid.

This episode dragged a bit at parts, I assume for dramatic effect but perhaps it was a bit too much for me in spots with Eren ever so slowly trying to get over to Zeke... one step at a time... Oh well. We're building up to some good stuff, anyway.

:tumbleweed:

Platinum End #15 -- This episode actually wasn't terrible.

Ousama Ranking #14 -- :shiny: 

platinum end 15

Spoiler

This is the part of the story where I was like "oh shit it's gonna start getting more interesting from here!" and then it...wasn't, lmao. Honestly though, after watching this ep I'm a little hopeful that in translating the rest of the story to anime they condensed a lot of the just absolute pure ass dragging the manga turned into. 

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

platinum end 15

Reveal hidden contents

This is the part of the story where I was like "oh shit it's gonna start getting more interesting from here!" and then it...wasn't, lmao. Honestly though, after watching this ep I'm a little hopeful that in translating the rest of the story to anime they condensed a lot of the just absolute pure ass dragging the manga turned into. 

Hopefully they fix that as much as they can in the anime. 

SnK #78

First half of the episode: :shiny:

Some great action moments, though I wasn't in love with how many still visuals there were.  

Second half: :asleep:

Necessary story stuff, I guess, but pretty anticlimactic after the goings-on in the first half.

Whelp

Spoiler

They all fucked now with the titans.
Dude Titan Falco looks like a fucking weird ass muppet. Like a twisted cousin to Beaker
Why do I feel like that's really not Eren she just shot the head on?
Acid trip time!
Aww Eren made Zeke-ni san cry
Brother VS BROTHER~!

Shingeko my Keko

I was excited for a few minutes because TITANS ARE BACK, BABY but then dumb plot stuff got in the way again :(

34 minutes ago, Vic Boss said:

Shingeko my Keko

Hide contents

I was excited for a few minutes because TITANS ARE BACK, BABY but then dumb plot stuff got in the way again :(

Still some fun titan action to come yet, but yeah, the 2nd half of that episode was pretty anticlimactic after the first half being so good.

• Like 1

SnK

Spoiler

Well, Zeke must feel sticky with that egg on his face.
I don't care if you lot are bored with the talky talk parts. I'm glad we finally get some mother fucking answers I've had questions to since fucking S1.
Shocker, Eren has no loyalties but to himself. Sorry big bro! Can't blame daddy for this one!

I thought episode 79 was very good despite the lack of action. It was over before I knew it. My memory of these bits is a little fuzzy so it’s nice to see it animated. 

After a couple decent episodes, Platinum End #16 took a turn that I didn't like very much. Is this going to turn into a police procedural drama now? :rotfl: 

I'm still enjoying Ousama Ranking but I'll admit that I'm getting a bit impatient with it (even though the suspense is OK). I just want to see Bojji do something awesome already. Quit making me wait for the good stuff.

2 hours ago, dr. b said:

After a couple decent episodes, Platinum End #16 took a turn that I didn't like very much. Is this going to turn into a police procedural drama now? :rotfl: 

Spoiler

Get ready for lots of intense talking! yay! \o/

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

Reveal hidden contents

Get ready for lots of intense talking! yay! \o/

YAY :tumbleweed:

Oh well, 16 episodes down and 8 to go… I’m not gonna stop watching it now :lol:

SnK

Spoiler

They nailed this ep! 

Lee was increasingly amused each time Zeke made a "I've made a horrible mistake" face and laughed about the constant "maybe Eren understands and is sad! Oops no wait, he's angry and on a fucked up mission, cool" 

• ROFL 2

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

SnK

Reveal hidden contents

They nailed this ep! 

Lee was increasingly amused each time Zeke made a "I've made a horrible mistake" face and laughed about the constant "maybe Eren understands and is sad! Oops no wait, he's angry and on a fucked up mission, cool" 

:rotfl:

I think Zeke's progressively more concerned facial expressions could be the makings of a pretty solid meme. Maybe somebody's done it already.

Spoiler

I legit keep comparing Zeke in this ep to the Demon Geisha in Demon Slayer who kept saying "EH?" because I feel like they synced in this expression :rotfl:

Platinum End #17 was not terrible. Interesting to see Mirai being a little more assertive and actually doing something. I’m a bit curious about the last God candidate… but that character will probably end up being a let-down.  

Shingeki no Kyojin Final Season Part 2 Episode 4

YO

EREN WHAT THE FUCK

ZEKE, SAVE THE WORLD, QUICK

That was by far the most interesting episode since the time skip. Holy shit, the slow unraveling of everything Zeke (and by extension, us) believed about Grisha Jaeger and it was like "No fucking duh, OF COURSE Eren's hatred for the Titans would spur him to do things like that. FUCK.

• Like 1

230352127682150400.webp?size=96&quality=lossless230352127682150400.webp?size=96&quality=lossless230352127682150400.webp?size=96&quality=lossless230352127682150400.webp?size=96&quality=lossless230352127682150400.webp?size=96&quality=lossless230352127682150400.webp?size=96&quality=lossless

• Like 1

SnK #80

Let's get ready to rumble!!! 

Ymir had it pretty rough... though I've never really understood why she didn't just kill King Fritz and his whole army :confused:  What a piece of work Fritz was... :sick: 

Naturally, Eren's solution to the problem is to just obliterate everybody :rotfl: Kill 'em all, Eren!

That escalated quickly

Spoiler

I'm glad they finally touched on Ymir's (and essentially the whole beginning of the Titans) story. It was my biggest gripe with this series to the point if i honestly wondered if they were gonna ever bring it up. 

My guess as to why Ymir never killed or retaliated against Fritzed was probably a mixed bag of reasons between being stuck with him for some uknown reason as his slave even with that power, and possibly for personal feelings of her own. I'm thankful they didn't try to fill in all the details (which might have been covered in the manga more), and focused on the here-why-now.

And holy fuck all those titans in the walls, just.....well fuck.  

6 minutes ago, Tassifox said:

That escalated quickly

Hide contents

I'm glad they finally touched on Ymir's (and essentially the whole beginning of the Titans) story. It was my biggest gripe with this series to the point if i honestly wondered if they were gonna ever bring it up. 

My guess as to why Ymir never killed or retaliated against Fritzed was probably a mixed bag of reasons between being stuck with him for some uknown reason as his slave even with that power, and possibly for personal feelings of her own. I'm thankful they didn't try to fill in all the details (which might have been covered in the manga more), and focused on the here-why-now.

And holy fuck all those titans in the walls, just.....well fuck.  

Yeah, the background story was a long time coming, but we got it eventually! It’s kinda funny to think that so much trouble, destruction, centuries of fighting with titans, etc. all started from one little bug/centipede thing. Gotta squash those things whenever you see them!!

Shingeki no Keki

YEAH, LET'S KILL EVERYONE ELSE SO WE CAN GO BACK TO THE SERIES BEING GOOD AGAIN

SnK

Spoiler

Lee was basically like "ok so he's warning all of his people but then they're just getting smashed anyway" and I was like yes and he was just like ok cool

not even fazed at this point

• Like 1

Platinum End #18

I was curious about that last God candidate... so of course the show let me down big-time :rotfl: Lame.

Also, not a big fan of Muni's character design :sick: :shudder: 

Ousama Ranking #17

Bojji finally getting into the action :shiny:

46 minutes ago, dr. b said:

Platinum End #18

Hide contents

I was curious about that last God candidate... so of course the show let me down big-time :rotfl: Lame.

Also, not a big fan of Muni's character design :sick: :shudder: 

:rotfl:

Spoiler

The anime version doesn't hold a candle to the manga. Muni is terrifying!! ahahaha

Spoiler

Platinum END - Chapter 43 - The Price of Honor

cac398dbe543ba7f39ace0df48150bb1.jpg

bd5202ad107942596f3047d398a98c7f.png

OOOOOOOOH SnK

Spoiler

WE GOT ANNIE BACK

SnK #81 :shiny:

Gabi :shiny: 

Pyxis :salute:  

I knew Annie would be coming back soon, but my memory of how this all plays out is a bit fuzzy. Very nice to see her make an appearance at the end there!

Holy shit Bastard!! is getting a revamp! (it kinda irks me that the trailer said it's finally getting an anime when it already has one from like the late 80's or early 90's if I remember) I'm psyched!

It had a very short OVA (6 episodes) way back in the day, but this is a 24 ep adaptation! :shiny: Looking forward to some more 80s/90s nostalgia, haha

• Shiny 1