Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

Spy X Family

S2 Ep2

Spoiler

Omg i love how Team Anya/Borf are already working together. 

Anya trying to figure out how long she has gor the bomb and the wires even with her limits. 

NOOOO DON'T SHOOT DOGGO

I never get tired of seeing the parts where Yor absolutely wreck dudes animated :rotfl: That little recap clip at the start of the episode: magnifique!

• Like 1

No shit. Her passive to kill face in a heartbeat kills me everytime. :rotfl:

S2 Ep 3

Spoiler

Bwahahaha Anya played the dirty card that would hurt the mission. She's gonna be a master manipulator growing up. 

Awww boss lady has a heart. 

Omg please name him Borf!!!!

Poor Anya trying to be big about getting a dog at school and failed.

DOG PARK!!!!!

OMG Anya's choice of names 🤣

Ahhhhhh dat bow tie!!!!!!!!

Anime continues to be fantastic :nod:

New chapter #69

Some instant classic Anya moments in this chapter :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 

It got a bit scary at the end though :uhoh: How are the kiddos gonna get out of this situation?

chp 69 omg lolololothnhe it lololthe it's the sex nhujmnkber

Spoiler

Who's gonna save the day??? Is Anya gonna pull something off that gets her points with the school or even personal ones with Sy-on boy himself? Are Loid and/or Yor going to somehow get involved since it's a high vis incident? WILL BOND FINALLY GET TO DO SOMETHING ELSE? I very eagerly await more!

also

image.thumb.png.270a3053566c59fa8c9e2ffe7ee07e4c.png

6 minutes ago, Anelle said:

chp 69 omg lolololothnhe it lololthe it's the sex nhujmnkber

Reveal hidden contents

Who's gonna save the day??? Is Anya gonna pull something off that gets her points with the school or even personal ones with Sy-on boy himself? Are Loid and/or Yor going to somehow get involved since it's a high vis incident? WILL BOND FINALLY GET TO DO SOMETHING ELSE? I very eagerly await more!

also

image.thumb.png.270a3053566c59fa8c9e2ffe7ee07e4c.png

I lol'd so hard when I flipped over to that panel :rotfl: 

Another great moment in this chapter:

08902C69-4E1B-4ECA-8E2B-B91D76EF1377.jpeg.1ce72283752e17c1a0016a9a59a3b92e.jpeg

Anya doesn't pull any punches :rotfl: 

whatever anime ep just came out, cna't remember atm but

Spoiler

Damian's VA busting out a perfect english "GOD DAMNIT" still has me fucking cackling

chp 70 has stuff really heating up!

Spoiler

Loid is out of the picture for this incident, the kids are teaming up as best they can, will they be the ones to save themselves? Or is the bus gonna round a corner and face fuckin' Yor Briar in full assassin mom mode? WILL BOND SOMEHOW SAVE THE DAY? aaaaaaaaa i always just want more and more

the kids doing their best is so good though. The kids are always really well written (even if it's a lot of toilet humor jokes.... that's what kids do lmaooo) I love Becky springing into action!

Yeah, latest manga chapter is getting serious! 

My money is on Yor somehow saving the day, but you never know what might happen. Somebody get Franky out there to save the day in comedic fashion.

Episode #19

I forgot this little side-story with George Glooman, but it started coming back to me as we were watching. The moment when he realizes he isn't leaving school and has to go back the next day :lol: Great stuff. And Anya giving him a leaf off the ground as a parting gift :rotfl: 

Chapter #71

Anya is the best. That look on her face after daydreaming about her successful Plan B and then everybody freaks out when she's messing with the fake bomb

:rotfl: Props to Damian for sticking up for her.

Episode 19

Spoiler

I actually went back and scanned through the chapter(I was trying to see how where the anime had caught up to), and man, they really brought to life the cheesiness of it all.  

Chapter #71

Spoiler

A lot of good character development here.  I am really enjoying watching Anya and Damian's relationship bloom, and watching Damian start to stick up for Anya more after all the times Anya's done it for him.  Also, I feel Anya and having terrible handwriting lol

• ROFL 1

Nightfall and Yor ROUND 1

Chapter 72

Spoiler

I like how all my joking dramatics about WHO'S GONNA SAVE THE DAYYYYY somehow never had Yuri being the hero this time lmao Go forth and be a hero uncle, even if it's for Yor's sake and not Anya's! (still wanted Bond to be the hero tho)

There were a couple of error panels this chapter, the bomb collars were forgotten a few times! Usually details are kept pretty well in this series so I actually went back and checked a few pages to make sure I hadn't missed or forgotten a removal or swap! It sounds like a criticism but more than anything I like how it made me go look, just shows me how much I enjoy the manga and what goes on :)

I'm a few eps behind on the anime because I stopped keeping up with current eps because I've been watching the dubs with Lee but I might pull back ahead because I wanna see stuff animated and I love the japanese voices damnit

BONUS--- My wow guild secret santa is a fellow Anya fan and got me this!

anya figure resize.png

• Love 2

Cool Anya thingy! :thumbs: 

18 hours ago, Anelle said:

Chapter 72

Reveal hidden contents

I like how all my joking dramatics about WHO'S GONNA SAVE THE DAYYYYY somehow never had Yuri being the hero this time lmao Go forth and be a hero uncle, even if it's for Yor's sake and not Anya's! (still wanted Bond to be the hero tho)

There were a couple of error panels this chapter, the bomb collars were forgotten a few times! Usually details are kept pretty well in this series so I actually went back and checked a few pages to make sure I hadn't missed or forgotten a removal or swap! It sounds like a criticism but more than anything I like how it made me go look, just shows me how much I enjoy the manga and what goes on :)

re: chapter 72:

I'm sort of not expecting Yuri to actually save the kids, like he'll try but somebody else will be just a step or two ahead of him... but maybe this is his time to shine and not just be the butt of a joke!

I didn't notice any error panels, but I read pretty fast and don't really notice details like that :lurk: I guess I should admire the art a bit more!

Season 2 and a Movie!!!

• Love 2

This is awesome news!  And considering how well Endo has done with creating "non-canon" chapters, I have faith this'll be an engaging story.  I'm hyped.

Chapter #75

Damian’s mum is scary :shudder:

Also :lol: at Anya thinking she won the friendly race against Yor :rotfl:

Chapter #75

Spoiler

Holy shit, that ending was intense.  We're really digging into some deep meat here, and clearly not everything is right with Damian's mom.  Now I'm intensely curious about the backstory there.  Clearly the switch came when Damian's dad was mentioned, so was it a forced pregnancy?

Beyond that, a lot of great panels this week, especially with Anya and Damian.  It's also nice to see their relationship properly developing into an admitted friendship.

Overall, this was a pretty good arc.  It was a great way to get Anya a Stella, and did a lot to show both her and Damian's growth.  And some of those bus scenes were just hilarious.

Fantastic stuff in chapter #76 :rotfl:

F3DD34C1-1027-4ACD-A309-E3BD0ACFCD17.jpeg.40e77ae43b7eedd3f635114bc432b27c.jpeg

Several very funny Anya moments :rotfl:

chp 76

Spoiler

Fuckin' DOUBLE STARLIGHT ANYA I love watchin' this lil shit be so smug.

Chapter 76

Spoiler

Always love Anya getting full of herself at school.  It was hilarious watching the kids exoticize her peasantry as being ultra tough.

I gotta say, though.  I have this creeping, but overwhelming feeling of dread in the last few chapters.  A lot of that is coming from Damian's mom, and the anime reminding me how cold of a guy Desmond is, and I feel like something intense is on its way.  I don't think the manga will go as far as like killing a main character or anything, but something.  I definitely feel like the more we peer into Damian's relationship with his family, the darker it gets.

Chapter 78

If there was every any doubt that Bond was the best dog, look no further than this chapter! 

Too bad he took the frisbee right in the face though :laugh:

Chapter 78 was really fun.  It felt like the old side stories where it would be closer to a full chapter size but be purely focused on character development.  It's nice to slowly get more and more looks at The Handler's personality.

It's a bummer this week's chapter was a short side story, but it was really enjoyable for as short as it was.  Also loved the color spread.

@Anelle @Psycho666Soldier you two up-to-date on Spy x Family. Last few chapters have been pretty wild and crazy. Can't wait to see what happens this weekend in chapter 85! Chapter 84 finished with Loid seemingly in a pretty tough spot. 

Yeah, I've been enjoying this story

Spoiler

It feels like it's been a minute since we got a serious Twilight caper like this, and having the first proper showdown with Yuri was a sight to behold.  I'm curious what happens with Nightfall and Wheeler.  I assume she's about to go psycho on him, but I kinda get the feeling he might actually get away.

I love how well this show pulls off the spy drama/action when they want to go that route.

I am a bit disappointed that the chapters seem to be getting smaller, same as Chainsaw Man.   If we gotta wait every couple weeks, I would hope we could get at least 24-30 pages.  But also I know this shit is tiring and I think Endo does most of the work, so as long as it's quality, I'll still be reading.

At least it's not like My Hero Academia where they're clearly just trying to milk the ending for as many weeks as they can get :ugh:

Yeah, the shrinking chapter phenomenon is a bit of a bummer... but, like you say, as long as it's quality, who cares about the page count. On the other hand, if this went to a monthly release schedule like DB Super (or SnK before) and each new chapter was 40-something pages, I would absolutely love that too! 

I'm current!

Spoiler

It's been exciting to have a bit of nail biting action pitting Loid and Yuri directly against each other! Nightfall is about to go absolutely apeshit, very keen on seeing what she's capable of when her precious Twilight is in danger!

Don't mess with Nightfall! :uhoh: 

Meant to come back to this post yesterday and expand on it a bit...

There were some seriously rad panels in this week's chapter. Nightfall wrecked Wheeler :rip: Some of the looks on her face :uhoh: This chapter definitely left me wanting more. I wonder if Yuri is going to try to get back on their trail or if he's really out of commission...

• Like 1

Caught up.  Agree with dr. b, this was a rad chapter for art.  You can tell Endo had some of his actions roots to let fly this chapter, both in the style and the storytelling behind it.

Spoiler

I love that Nightfall pushed her body to the point of breaking her physical limits without hurting herself.  Very My Hero of them, lol.  It's also kind of nice to see Loid properly bested for once and seeing Nightfall actually save him instead of the other way around.  The reactions from Wheeler were really satisfying, too.

Well, we have our conclusion to this little saga with Wheeler!

Almost got me--I thought for a second there that Yuri actually figured out Loid. But of course, Twilight is always a step ahead. Even if juuuuuuust barely. 

After all this, I feel like it's the right time to shift the focus onto either Anya or Yor again for a bit. I'd love to see a new story arc centered on Anya and her school buddies, with maybe another Stella coming out of it. But the whole terrorist/bus incident was pretty recent. Maybe Yor is next in line to get some of the spotlight. Kind of hard to complain, whatever we get! I am still really enjoying this series.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, dr. b said:

Well, we have our conclusion to this little saga with Wheeler!

Hide contents

Almost got me--I thought for a second there that Yuri actually figured out Loid. But of course, Twilight is always a step ahead. Even if juuuuuuust barely. 

After all this, I feel like it's the right time to shift the focus onto either Anya or Yor again for a bit. I'd love to see a new story arc centered on Anya and her school buddies, with maybe another Stella coming out of it. But the whole terrorist/bus incident was pretty recent. Maybe Yor is next in line to get some of the spotlight. Kind of hard to complain, whatever we get! I am still really enjoying this series.

Spoiler

Ditto on Yuri.  That page turn was perfect because I thought it was gonna be over.  I also always enjoy these extended intimate moments with Loid and Yor.  Felt really good to see Yor get so happy to be able to help Loid and hear her explain that.

I kind of get the feeling we'll get a few self-contained chapters before we get to another big story.  I'd like to see some more intersection with Anya/Damian/Yor/Damian's Mom.  Feels like that's some fresh meat we still have to dig into.

I totally forgot about Damian's mum! Gotta figure she makes another appearance soon-ish.

Chapter 87

A bit underwhelming if I'm being honest, but the exchange between Nightfall and Handler over the first few pages was nice I suppose. Hopefully the next chapter has a bit more going on when it comes to advancing the story and Operation Strix.

OUR FAVORITE FAMILY IS BACK UP ON THE ANIME FINALLY!

Ep 1 new season

Spoiler

I could not stop laughing at Yor's expression from the pain of the gunshot wound. :rotfl: I can't wait for that to turn into a gif because that expression is such a fucking MOOD.
Nightfall being totally clueless about why Yor couldn't sit down or thinking she was mad at him. I mean yes, her expression did look more mad than in pain. But you think being a super smart spy that he is that he would start putting 2+2 that there was some sort of reason Yor refused to sit down in the places they went to on their date. lol Oh well, made great material for the episode. And Anya being the glue holding it together as always is just too cute.

20 hours ago, Tassifox said:

OUR FAVORITE FAMILY IS BACK UP ON THE ANIME FINALLY!

Ep 1 new season

Hide contents

I could not stop laughing at Yor's expression from the pain of the gunshot wound. :rotfl: I can't wait for that to turn into a gif because that expression is such a fucking MOOD.
Nightfall being totally clueless about why Yor couldn't sit down or thinking she was mad at him. I mean yes, her expression did look more mad than in pain. But you think being a super smart spy that he is that he would start putting 2+2 that there was some sort of reason Yor refused to sit down in the places they went to on their date. lol Oh well, made great material for the episode. And Anya being the glue holding it together as always is just too cute.

Spoiler

It's definitely the sort of thing that takes some stretching of the imagination, but it's worth it for the joke.  That said, I think the point they try to paint through the series is that Loid actually does care for Yor, and because of that he lets his guard down around her and doesn't think straight.  When she seems upset, rather than rationally thinking it through, he's both worried about the mission AND having somehow upset Yor, and having to deal with that more personal fear throws his brain out the window.

I loved this episode.  Great way to come back, and I remember these chapters being a hoot to read in the manga.  I really can't get over how much the anime amplifies everything with little touches.  Anya's faces in this were priceless as usual, and the bit at the end where she learned how to make a peanut bomb by reading the dude's thoughts was so ridiculous it was brilliant.

I'm also into the new OP.  Both the music and the visuals were great.  Spy x Family is 3/3 so far in that department.

• ROFL 1

On 10/9/2023 at 4:42 AM, Psycho666Soldier said:
  Hide contents

It's definitely the sort of thing that takes some stretching of the imagination, but it's worth it for the joke.  That said, I think the point they try to paint through the series is that Loid actually does care for Yor, and because of that he lets his guard down around her and doesn't think straight.  When she seems upset, rather than rationally thinking it through, he's both worried about the mission AND having somehow upset Yor, and having to deal with that more personal fear throws his brain out the window.

I loved this episode.  Great way to come back, and I remember these chapters being a hoot to read in the manga.  I really can't get over how much the anime amplifies everything with little touches.  Anya's faces in this were priceless as usual, and the bit at the end where she learned how to make a peanut bomb by reading the dude's thoughts was so ridiculous it was brilliant.

I'm also into the new OP.  Both the music and the visuals were great.  Spy x Family is 3/3 so far in that department.

Spoiler

Omg I also laughed at the fact they were bleeping out the ingredients for bomb making. Like "Yes this is a cartoon and ingredients aren't most likely that real. But on the off chance someone actually is stupid enough to attempt, we're just censor it" :rotfl: Anya's gonna be a better spy than Twilight one day when she's grown enough.

Great first episode back :shiny: We watched it last night and my daughter was laughing non-stop. Yor's facial expressions :laugh:

• Like 1