Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Marvel Studio's Loki (Disney+ 2021)

KEMldix.jpg

I sure hope we get different "variants" of Loki. Give me Lady Loki!

• Like 1

TV

:shiny::shiny::shiny::shiny:

MY BODY IS READY 

Really looking forward to this. There is so much crazy shit they can do with this kind of set up and I hope they go all in with it. XD

I could not be more excited for this show.  This trailer was fucking phenomenal and I'm just...god it's good.  They're showing us their multiverse and Loki is a time cop.  I was never totally sure the day would come where they'd just do this all the way and I could not be more excited. :shiny:

• Shiny 1

I'd like to fast forward straight to June, pls.

1 hour ago, MT said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14671764

It's so close yet so far away. :crying: 

• Shiny 1

2 hours ago, Chel said:

I'd like to fast forward straight to June, pls.

This pls!

• Like 1

Gonna be TONS OF SPOILERS AFTER THIS POST. If you haven't watched any of this after this post, you read it at your own risk.

• Like 2

Loki being DB Cooper got a real good laugh out of me, same with the "Mephisto" sighting. It was real sad watching him watch how his "sacred timeline" turned out. Was really hoping we'd get a better glimpse of the antagonist version of Loki, but nope.

• Sad 1

Fucking Infinity Stones as paperweights. :rotfl:

I'm already loving how this show has opened. The setup with the TVA, the back n forth with Owen Wilson. Loving it. 

Loving it so far. Owen Wilson is great casting, but we NEED that fan service "wow" soon.

The Mephisto teases were fun.

I'm not familiar with the TVA from the comics, so I'm not sure who borrowed from who, but having watched The Umbrella Academy this just leaned too far into that vibe for me and felt like a crossover, until I remembered one is Netflix. Sad days, would really love to see Hazel make an appearance.

1 hour ago, Garlic Junior said:

I'm not familiar with the TVA from the comics, so I'm not sure who borrowed from who, but having watched The Umbrella Academy this just leaned too far into that vibe for me and felt like a crossover, until I remembered one is Netflix. Sad days, would really love to see Hazel make an appearance.

According to Wiki The TVA was first introduced in Thor #1 in 1986. Where as Umbrella Academy was first out in '07. So might have had some influence from Marvel but really what doesn't have some influence from whom?

• Like 1

Omg this just came up in my feed 🤣🤣🤣

FB_IMG_1623431088832.jpg

• ROFL 2

The pen the leader of the TVA mentioned a specific high school,  the one I think Peter Parker goes to, and she mentioned another auditor worked there. I'm wondering if it's the principal.  He looks just like one of Cap's crew from the first movie.

Edit: He went to Midtown High, and I think the pen had FDR's name on it. Guess there goes that theory.

YUS! We have Fem Loki! :shiny: 

So now the sacred timeline has been bombed, and they lost OG Loki sooooooo fuck. 

Finally got to watch it. Is getting pretty interesting. Mobius' boss/supervisor/whatever you want to call her is an established comic character. Ravonna Renslayer is most notable as having heavy ties to Kang the Conqueror. :O  Interested to see if there's anything else that could tie to him with all the time travel shit being thrown around.

Fun side note: In the comics, Ravonna is typically portrayed as a red head, and went for period of time disguised as Nebula. Would have been hilarious if they had got Karen Gillian to play the role imo. :rotfl: 

• Like 2

As soon as I saw the variant's blonde hair, I thought she may have been the Enchantress, not a Loki variant, but the horns made me think otherwise. Now with them talking about enchantment in this episode, I'm thinking she becomes the Enchantress at some point, she just starts out as a Loki variant.

Also, that bit about her dating a postman has to be Stan, right?

• Like 1

This is an interesting turn it's taking with only 2 eps left. I'm curious what's gonna happen now that they're basically stuck in an apocalypse timeline. (Other than Mobius might save their butts)

On 6/23/2021 at 10:53 AM, MT said:

As soon as I saw the variant's blonde hair, I thought she may have been the Enchantress, not a Loki variant, but the horns made me think otherwise. Now with them talking about enchantment in this episode, I'm thinking she becomes the Enchantress at some point, she just starts out as a Loki variant.

I'm kind of curious what they're doing here for a couple reasons. For one, they've used Enchantress already (in Agents of SHIELD, unless they really are throwing it out the window). However, there is a comic character named Sylvie that is actually tied to Loki in the comics. She was given powers (and possibly existence) by Loki and ended up adopting the appearance and name of the Enchantress for a time so this idea still tracks despite Agents of SHIELD (whether it still counts or not). Will be interesting to see if they are playing with the comic story and adapting her to be a time-variant Loki to simplify things, or if there's something deeper happening (such as she's not the real Variant and they're yet to be revealed). With so little left to this however, (2 episodes? really? why is it so short?? 😧 ) the latter seems unlikely.

• Like 1

It makes sense with some of the latter you're mentioning there @Mera'dinabout bring given her powers and what not. I mean she hates being referred to as a Loki, she learned her powers on her own. There's definitely something to it. I hope they don't try to rush things on info with only being 2 eps left. :(

Correction. 3 episodes left. One of my friends pointed out that we're only on ep 3/6. :sweat:

There is a mid-credits scene with this week's episode

Yesssssssssssss!!!!! Omg everything was so good about this!!!!!

I legit laughed so hard with Loki's time loop with Sif! I can't believe they tapped into that myth lore tidbit 🤣

Not gonna lie, I had some doubts about this show after the first couple episodes even though I was enjoying it, because the time-stuff just REALLY feels like it doesn't track with some of the other MCU stuff, and after the opening scene of what happened in Sylvie's past, I was starting to get annoyed (so they let alternate timelines exist just because until they decide they've gone too far? Was she always female? Or did Loki just casually gender-swap as a kid? And if so, what was the divergence here? So many questions from such a brief scene), but now I'm even more intrigued by what is happening after finishing. That mid credit scene was especially interesting. They better explain this shit properly by the end. XD

• Like 1

LOL at the Thanoscopter, a Polybius machine, and Ecto Cooler. Kinda bummed we didn't get more of President Loki, but seeing Old Man Loki sacrifice himself was pretty sweet. I'm wondering if the black Loki was weilding some version of Mjolnir, and if he was, why wasn't he using any of it's abilities?

I fucking love Alligator Loki

This episode was so solid. Loved every juicy moment of it and I'm excited/sad of what the next/last episode will bring. 

Also what?! No post credit goodie?!?!

On 7/7/2021 at 2:37 AM, MT said:

LOL at the Thanoscopter, a Polybius machine, and Ecto Cooler. Kinda bummed we didn't get more of President Loki, but seeing Old Man Loki sacrifice himself was pretty sweet. I'm wondering if the black Loki was weilding some version of Mjolnir, and if he was, why wasn't he using any of it's abilities?

I also loved the Throg cameo. Had to rewind to make sure I saw it right because it went by so fast. :rotfl: 

Also, with Alioth showing up, I'm even more convinced Kang is behind the TVA. That's two characters with HEAVY connections to him now that have shown up (not to mention the whole time travel thing in general). If they're trolling on this one, I might actually be a little mad. XD 

• ROFL 1

5 hours ago, Mera'din said:

I also loved the Throg cameo.

received_280616343502725.jpeg

• Like 1
  • ROFL 2

Once again spoilering my thoughts as it just aired an hour ago.

So basically, Sylvie re-created the multiverse that He Who Remains (Kang) was trying to stop from happening. It was real sad seeing Mobius have no idea who Loki was at the end. I wasn't sure if Slyvie sent him back to the TVA they were just at, or if it was some different timeline. It was nice to see Kang be a totally different type of big bad from Thanos, even though i'm sure there are variants of him that are more like Thanos, as well. I'm also sad we didn't get to see Mobius on a jet ski. I'm curious as to where Ravonna went though, if she went somewhere we already know of or somewhere that hasn't been seen yet in the MCU.

It sure ends on one hell of a cliffhanger, too.

Severely disappointed by the ending tbh. ** was fun but everything else felt unsatisfying imo.

I think she sent him to a Variant TVA where their version of Kang was always known to be He Who Remains. I'd guess Renslayer went there too.

** = Kang

• Like 1

I had to have my Cat Cosplay buddy explain a bit to clear some confusion for me on some of the ending because while I understood most of it there is Marvel stuff I don't know enough of to know the full OMFG effect. But initially my reaction was "HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!?!?" On dat cliffhanger. 

Spoiler

Essentially Loki has been sent to a Alt Verse where -A- Kang or -The- Kang has most likely conquered. The part to me that was slightly confusing was that He Who Remains isn't Kang but was a variant of him. (As in Kang is not his original name, but who he becomes. Because I know nothing about Kang the character which my friend clarifies)

Sooooooooo shit's really gonna fly here and I now wonder how Dr Strange is gonna help with this.

Not spoilering since it's been over a day now...

Anyway, I was so worried it wasn't going to be him so I'm glad it was. I love how Majors played it too. Unexpected, but it felt right. Really interested in seeing how he does other versions of the character. I think the first "real" appearance of Kang is supposed to be in the next Ant-man movie I believe? Looking forward to it.

With Renslayer taking off with a bunch of stuff, I kind of wonder if she isn't going to take on her more traditional role from the comics and be in a constant love/hate relationship with Kang and try to overthrow him an rule time in his place. Really don't care for how the episode ended so abrubtly like it did, but at least we know it's confirmed for a season 2, so that relieved the annoyance slightly. Was a nice set up for the next show releasing too I guess. XD

• Like 2

Which one is the next to release? Hawkeye? 

What If...? Is supposed to be next, but as for what continues the Disney+ arm of the MCU, I think it's either Hawkeye or Ms. Marvel 

Edit: found this

Okay that's actually helpful. So then it would be What If..? next up. 

Yeah I was definitely shocked by the ending at first and kind of disappointed, but that’s because I’m used to all the Marvel movies and shows resolving themselves. Loved this show overall. Can’t wait for season 2.

Yeah, What If...? Is coming next month, which seems pretty apt considering how this ended. Everything is branching out into alt. timeliness so let's see some of the crazier ones before settling back in to the main stuff.

I'm assuming the next Spider-Man (maybe, based on some of the rumors surrounding it),  Dr. Strange and Ant-man will all at least touch on the fallout from this as well in some way or another.

Presumably, Hawkeye will at least partly spinoff from the Black Widow after credit scene. Interested to see where some of this heading.

• Like 1

MOON KNIGHT

:D :D :D starring Oscar goddamn Isaac :D  

I really, really, really enjoyed how Hulu did The Runaways (and to a lesser extent, Cloak & Dagger) so I'm fucking HYPED for this. Although I know they're not really related comic book wise, I've always kinda grouped them all together for some reason. Don't judge me web.

I loved this show.  I was honestly looking forward to this one the most of all of them and was not disappointed.  Kang showing up was

tenor.gif?itemid=13884290

It was so fucking weird and I honestly didn't even mind that it was basically an entire episode of talking.  I just...god it was such a fun show to watch.  The episode after Loki "dies" was so goddamn fun too.  Just all of this show was a delight to watch for me. :nod: 

I assume the ending was him going to "A" timeline because now that there's a multiverse, there are multiple TVAs therefore the one he was in might just not exist anymore or it is completely different now.  I was actually quite shocked to see there was going to be a 2nd season.

On the plus side too, in a recent interview, Hiddleston said he would absolutely keep playing Loki as long as they need him for it, so they can go as long as they want with him I guess. XD

• Shiny 2

God I hope they don't mess this up

• Shiny 2

I can't fucking wait.

Season 2 is off to a pretty great start. Can't believe it's been two years since the first season. Really good to see Loki and Moebius interact again, and Ke Huy Quan fits right in with the rest of 'em.

That whole conversation between OB and Moebius in the present, and between Loki and OB in the past, bouncing back and forth, was a fun time. Curious to see if we'll get to see any other Kang variants at any point. I haven't heard anything about the allegations against Jonathan Majors in a while, so I don't know if that's still a thing, or if it ever was.

• Shiny 1

Really happy that this is back. After Secret War being pretty much a shit show, I was really hoping this was still going to hold the quality that it had previously, and so far it definitely looks like it does. I definitely missed this show.