Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dr. b

What listen ?

Been hardcore obsessed with a very old vocaloid song recently, can't get it out of my head. :headbang:

Wowaka ft. Hatsune Miku - Rolling Girl

:thumbs:

I love the Project Diva games. There is a lot of vocaloid music that I enjoy much more than I ever thought I would. 

• Like 1

I'm feeling a bit disgruntled today... one of my go-to albums when I'm in a mood like this is Album - Generic Flipper. The track "Ever" is especially soothing :music: 

Spinning some of favourite Sloan albums tonight. 

Love the lyrics in this one. 

“I usually notice all the little things,

I was proud of it—

She says it’s annoying.”

Feels like the story of my life :rotfl: :fup:

”I missed the point.”

Yup. Join the club. 

I love Sloan. I’m gonna be up all night listening to them. 

11 minute long 40th anniversary live with instrumentals version? Yes please

Toto - Africa

REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling

I've enjoying the heck out of these big band arrangements of Monk tunes lately, MONK'estra conducted/arranged by John Beasley.

This is a really killer instrumental cover of "Reelin' in the Years". The interpretation of the vocals on baritone guitar is very nice. Nate Smith an incredible drummer. And Cory Wong just chugging away so steadily on his Strat is low-key great. He's got good time. Last but not least, Joe Dart, is taking a bit of a backseat on this track. Very tasteful playing on the bass.

Had this song in my head for DAYS at this point! :dazed: Epilepsy/flashing light warning on the video.

Reol ft. nqrse - LUVORATORRRRRY!

• Like 1

I’m in a very ‘90s guitar rock’ mood tonight. Listening to lots of Dino, Pavement, Flaming Lips, etc. 

Was trying to remember a piece that I really liked and couldn't remember who it was.  My first instinct was Herbie, but I didn't comb his discography enough the first time.  After a couple days, I looked again and as soon as I saw the album cover I knew

HOOKED on this song. Cannot stop spinning it. I play it like 30 times a day

Find it pretty funny that musically I was all about Punk and I've whipped a complete shitty and now I'm listening to so much Pop/Hyperpop. 

Like and enjoy whatever music you like without thinking too much about :thumbs:

Belinda Carlisle was briefly the first drummer for The Germs, pretty much as punk as it gets, and then went on to massive pop success with The Go-Gos just a few years later. “Heaven is a Place on Earth” was a huge track that I still hear regularly on pop radio stations today. You can play and be into all kinds of music. 

• Shiny 1

Cool thx!

My major reassurance at the moment is; often I'll play a song by like Grimes or Doja Cat or Kanye at work... which my backbrain is convincing me is normie shit, and then people object about half the time. Reassures me I still like music with sharp corners.

Deerhoof dropped a catchy new track yesterday :music:

Full version of the new spy x family OP just dropped! Possible mild warnings for motion sickness in the video

Bump of Chicken - SOUVENIR

Some song by Soundgarden called Taree that I'd never heard before today. Pretty good.

I've been listening to lots of jazz and fusion lately. Jaco, Casiopea, Brand X, Weather Report, Jean-Luc Ponty, etc. have all been heavy in the rotation of late. Also a solid amount of the classics and "jazz masters" mixed in for good measure (Monk, Coltrane, Oscar Peterson, etc., etc.)

Stumbled upon this group Otoboke Beaver somewhere on the Internet the other day and I'm enjoying them quite a bit. The songs start to sound a bit same-y after listening to entire albums, but they are very infectious and energetic punk rockin' kinda tunes that I think are great in small doses.

The first bit was giving me some shoegaze / my bloody valentine kinda vibes (which is of course a good thing!) but then it swerved a bit (though also not in a bad way). Cool track. I will search for more :music:

I have been listening to quite a bit of DOMi and JD Beck this week. When you listen to the entire album it all starts to sound a bit same-y to me, but they are a couple of talented kids doing some cool stuff. Their collabs with Thundercat are great too.

It goes under the radar a bit, but Thundercat's bass line in "Bowling" is awesome IMO :nod: 

I don't know how I missed the Otoboke Beaver post.  Their stuff is great.  Saw them here in Chicago a few months back and their crowd control is amazing.  One of the better shows I've been to.

Also love that Domi & JD Beck album.  The sameyness is a thing, but when I enjoy it so much, it's just really cool to get lost in the vibe of the album.  Definitely excited to see what else they have in the pipeline for later albums.  Also just a lot of cool guest features.

• Love 1

Otoboke Beaver are indeed fantastic. Very fun and infectious!

I went down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole list night on the Domi & JD Beck channel watching a bunch of their videos and shorts. Holy cow, Domi is a talented pianist.

YT algorithm keeps recommending this to me, I keep ignoring it, finally today I gave in and watched. These dudes are something else. Very heavy. Very tight. Very good! Wish I had watched it sooner. The whole set is really good :music: 

Huh, I listened to a lot more System of a Down than I remember listening to. I mostly only remembered the big three and then something like Ego Brain, but it turns out I probably recognize/like about two albums worth of their music

But yeah, I've probably listened about twice as much as all the others combined lately. A+ music video where watching the band play makes you want to mosh with them, big three are obvious GOAT songs from the band and I think this is the one ring to rule them all

This is an awesome track :music: Rocco Palladino is killing it on the bass. Yussef Dayes is a great drummer too.

“The video is not available”

Must be region locked it something… what’s the song and artist?

"Multiply" by Donny Benet

I fucking love this dude. What an incredible video :laugh: Legit solid tune.

My top shit according to Spotify this year:

IMG_0026.thumb.jpeg.f49403ed564425674e05abcae524f03a.jpeg

Wayne Kramer (MC5 guitarist and co-founder) kicked the bucket today :-/  

Let me be who I am, and let me kick out the jams

I done kicked ‘em out!

Last week, Wayne Kramer… this week Mojo… :salute: