Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

[Gaming Chat]

Sony did the same thing the other day from what I saw. Hopefully there will be more that jump on board with this kind of thing. Assuming they ACTUALLY "revaluate" their business relationships with them and aren't just doing PR damage control.

12 minutes ago, Mera'din said:

Looks like it's Nintendo's turn.

They're late to the party because they're so used to not having third-party support that they forgot they even had Activision/Blizzard games on their hardware.

• ROFL 4

Oh man keep this shit rolling in.  I just really want them to fire Kotick but the company is so shitty I really don't think anything would ever REALLY change.

Firing Kotick would still only be a face value thing anyway. They need to remove him and at least half the people on the board of directors as well considering they're close friends of his who have also known about and allowed this shit and full out backed him up even after the stuff about him came out.

As nice as most of this stuff is at face value, it's a bit meh overall when you really look at it. None of these have been "announcements" and none of them have committed to pulling support for the company. They've all been "leaked" internal memos and e-mails and shit that let them not actually be accountable for anything that is said. It's just like the Geoff Keighley with the Game Awards shit "What they're doing is wrong and they won't have any participation in the show this year... except their games still have nominations and can win awards...  :shrug:" and one of their executives is still part of the advisory board for the show.

We'll see if the ones "evaluating" their business relationships with the company actually ever go anywhere. :| 

On 12/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, Mera'din said:

We'll see if the ones "evaluating" their business relationships with the company actually ever go anywhere. :| 

They won't!  They will furrow their brows quite exquisitely though!

• ROFL 1

>The Expanse from Telltale

>Star Trek game from people worked at Telltale

:jumboshiny:

I imagine the final product will not look nearly as nice as this, but this looks pretty dope, even if it is an on-rails shooter type thing.

Played this ^^^ a bit ago and it was pretty neat. There's the QTE/action sequence, and then afterwards there's an entire city to run around in. You can hop in cars, and fly a drone around, even change things in real time like the position of the sun, and turn off/on polygons (they call it something else but I can't remember what it was), and it was cool to fly the drone way up high and look around, and see almost zero pop-in/texture loading.

Kind of awesome to think that games could look like that in the near future.

I played it a little over a week ago. Was definitely super impressive. Everything was practically photorealistic other than the people. The rendering speed was amazing too considering all the individual, AI controlled moving objects in it. Saw some stats on it after I played it. There are 35,000 people and 45,073 cars. Map stats were also given. There is apparently 160 miles of road w/ 1248 intersections.

The destruction detail on the cars was pretty good too. I spent most of my time flying around and even zipping through the city at max speed, there was very little frame rate drop, and it had no real issues rendering everything. You can definitely see where they cut some corners to make everything run smooth (the water at the coast looks like shit, no weather, and the skybox was static with no animation to it outside of intentionally adjusting the position of the sun, etc. ), but it still bodes well for games going forward. Would really like to see it on PC to see how it runs there too.

I only really noticed slowdown in a few spots of the action sequence, but that was the only real hiccup I saw.

I bought myself a Sega Saturn :shiny:

FLaAtxk.jpg

• Like 2

I played a few hours of that Avengers game and while the story is interesting, it's not really that unique and the gameplay is just SO bland that I think I'm just gonna bail and play something I have more fun with rather than trying to force my way through this to finish the story.  I figured I have Game Pass so I might as well do it and I'm just kinda meh on it.

I might just go play GotG instead since that's supposed to actually be fun. :rotfl:

Yeah, I have no interest in Avengers.  It just seems like a slightly better, but way too late version of the Ultimate Alliance games and other Marvel games since the PS2 era.

GotG actually has my interest and feels like it was built by people who actually gave a fuck about making a compelling game

Yeah, that's insane. Gonna be real weird when all Activision/Blizzard games are XBox exclusive :rotfl: 

Dang, that's a pretty massive acquisition.

Fire Kotick, fix all the bullshit at those companies (most of management) and that would at least be somewhat of a positive.

I do not love what a huge portion of gaming Microsoft owns now after that though.  On their way to becoming like Disney in the gaming space. :-/

After this acquisition they'll still only be the 3rd largest publisher behind Tencent and Sony I believe I had read. Sony acquired 6 or 7 different devs this past year alone vs Microsoft who has only picked up three things video game related since 2019. Two of those just happen to be publishers instead of individual studios so the impact feels bigger and more immediate.

I don't mean to diminish the impact this will have though because Activision-Blizzard themselves IS the 3rd biggest at the moment I believe so it's a pretty big deal even if it isn't as all encompassing as it seems.

MS has been making solid decisions lately, so this actually gives me hope for Blizzard IPs.

No way Kotick keeps his job after this tho. MS ain't gonna pay HIS salary.

D4 being released post buyout might actually get me interested and I will probably lift my Blizzard boycott. Gotta see real change first though.

• Like 1

From what I've seen, Kotick is sticking around until everything clears and then he's bailing (with a large some of money in tow no doubt :| ). So that's a start. We'll see how everything else goes. The main thing I'm worried about is how this will affect the the strikes and the movement to unionize that was starting to get some traction. Time will tell. Chances are this whole thing won't be settled until next year anyway.

This might not sound all that interesting, but it was pretty neat to watch. I don't remember the exact explanation, but at some point the game runs out of "normal" color palettes to choose from, so it takes other game data and interprets that as color, so you get some really neat looking color schemes that I wish had been actually used in game in a normal playthrough.

Breath of the Wild sequel teaser trailer!

Sure wish they'd give a release window, this needs to come out like yesterday.

• Like 3