Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
webhead

Marvel General

20 minutes ago, webhead said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5084363

5BtwqMd.gif

• ROFL 2

I'm more interested in Morbius for the actors than anything else, but that looked at least not bad so I'm willing to give it a shot. That end bit was intriguing though. :chin: 

Also finally catching up with Shield as well, things have gotten interesting here.

So fucking out of left field.  He was so young still. :(

I am okay with this. She is an excellent actress. Smaller than I expected them to go for so wonder if they're gonna go the CGI route for her transformed.

For some reason I thought this was a cartoon.  She's definitely smaller than I would have expected but I guess we'll see when...yeah, she transforms and it's CGI or whatever.  I guess they can Maslany the She-Hulk like they Ruffalo'd Hulk. :P

Don't you guys know it's always the small ones you should never underestimate? :koffing:

I am so ready for this.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

Definitely loving the vibe of this trailer. :nod: 

Oh this is gonna be sooooo much fun to watch :evillaugh:

This is even funnier if you saw them posting all the fake titles yesterday, but still.

If you look closely, you can tell the footage of Tom as he walks past the whiteboard (after he crosses in front of the title) isn't the same as the rest, which makes me think they really didn't want him giving away the title before it was too early. 

• ROFL 1

I legit wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. The guy is adorable af but holy crap he can't keep anything to himself. :sweat:

Got some good feels out of this. Also logo/title reveals for basically everything for the next few years (don't think all of them had been shown yet?) Couple quick shots from Eternals as well.

And then that last logo. :mosh:

• Shiny 2

There is so much shit coming, it's insane.  I cannot fucking wait. :shiny:

Spoiler

Yeah they're not even trying to hide that shit. That is definitely the Fantastic Four logo.  I'm getting really impatient for them to join the MCU.  It's kind of a bummer they're coming in so late when Iron Man and Cap are gone but Reed might be able to fill some of the void left by Iron Man at least?  I seriously cannot wait.  I fucking love the FF.

I didn’t even notice that :rotfl: I thought it as just a stylized “A” for the next Avengers.

That would be a very 4-shaped A. :rotfl:  

To be fair I missed that too since I wasn't paying full attention to it but I seriously hope they do good by this one. I was okay with the 1st one but haven't watched the remake they did and have no desire to. 

At this point, if Marvel manages to make a Fantastic Four movie that is actually outright good, I'll believe them capable of damn near anything. Their recent shows were all better than I expected, so I've got some hope.

1 hour ago, Chel said:

At this point, if Marvel manages to make a Fantastic Four movie that is actually outright good, I'll believe them capable of damn near anything. Their recent shows were all better than I expected, so I've got some hope.

They made Guardians of the Galaxy.  I believe in Marvel. :shiny:

• Like 2

Waiting to see more on Eternals and how well Shang Chi will be done (looks great so far). If they can nail those, we'll know Guardians wasn't just luck. Not that I expect there to be anything wrong with them. Those are just nearly as obscure as Guardians had been. The fact that they can dig past their big names and come up with something that propels them into the mainstream has always been my favorite part of these movies. Not overly surprising though. Even Iron Man was a b-list super hero before this whole thing started.

At this point, I'd honestly be more impressed if they managed to fuck up Fantastic Four. :rotfl: 

• ROFL 1

On 5/7/2021 at 10:53 AM, webhead said:

They made Guardians of the Galaxy.  I believe in Marvel. :shiny:

Fair point, that. :lol:

I hadn't even heard of Guardians of the Galaxy prior to the movie coming out, tbh. Though I wasn't super fond of GoG2 admittedly.

On 5/7/2021 at 3:15 PM, Mera'din said:

Waiting to see more on Eternals and how well Shang Chi will be done (looks great so far). If they can nail those, we'll know Guardians wasn't just luck. Not that I expect there to be anything wrong with them. Those are just nearly as obscure as Guardians had been. The fact that they can dig past their big names and come up with something that propels them into the mainstream has always been my favorite part of these movies. Not overly surprising though. Even Iron Man was a b-list super hero before this whole thing started.

At this point, I'd honestly be more impressed if they managed to fuck up Fantastic Four. :rotfl: 

I don't really know enough about Eternals to have any expectation one way or another, but I will say that if nothing else the Shang Chi trailer impressed me a lot more than I expected.

Speaking of Iron Man being b-list... I confess that when the Iron Man movie first came out, I kind of brushed it off without even seeing the trailer until my dad basically forced me to watch it, being like "no, seriously, you need to see this" :lol:

Honestly I never really cared about Marvel heroes, other than Spiderman, prior to the MCU. My nerd cred, it is in tatters.

I mean, some would argue DC is superior anyway.  Not me, but don't sell your nerd cred short yet!

I actually enjoyed GoG2 more than most.  I thought it was just as good as the first one, with my only real complaint being that it felt they leaned a bit too hard on Drax being comic relief.  In the first one, he was this ultra serious character that didn't realize how silly he sounded at times.  In the sequel, you could tell they wrote it with the idea of him being the funny one, and it just kind of changed the character for me.

Overall, I still really enjoyed it, but I also haven't seen it since I was back in theaters, so opinions could be different on a rewatch.

I've been catching up on Marvel Comics recently and between that and learning that Feige has final say in the comics too makes me think the Eternals are going to be HUGE in the next couple of phases of the MCU. 

I actually think Celestials might be the next major threat. They have been a building block in the recent years in Marvel Comics. 

I know Eternals are strongly connected to Celestials and we've already seen them in the MCU too. 

Yeah, bummer. Hopefully they'll give him a great send off.

Well this should be interesting. Pretty much from this point on in Marvel stuff I'm gonna be totally clueless vs all the hard core fans that have been jones-zing for this phase. But I look forward to this all the same.

• ROFL 3

New Eternal's trailer. Get a good look as some Celestials too. :shiny: 

• Shiny 1

SPOILER to be introduced in the Black Panther sequel

YAAAAAAAAS

• Shiny 1

Finally watched Eternals. Def bottom rank for me in Marvel stuff. :yawn2: 

Yeah, I watched it too. Not sure what to think entirely. It was headier than most Marvel films, which is unique at least. I think it was pretty good actually, just not a film you walk out of feeling great about 

• Like 1

I would place it middle of the road personally. There was a lot to take in. Some of it good, some of it a little meh. They've done much better films over the years, but they've definitely had worse as well. I feel like it was setting up a lot of plot threads we'll see picked up in the future though which may have hurt it a bit in the now. Will have to see if any of it eventually pays off. Action sequences were a lot of fun though. Was nice to see super speed done in a way that wasn't just a straight blurring/lightning thing like they like to do with The Flash.

Bottom third for me, not the worst but firmly in the category of "this should have been a TV show."  I think it suffered immensely by not having enough space to spread out.

• Like 1

At this point, i'm thinking we should just make a Marvel Studios subforum, lol

reggie-my-body-is-ready.gif

Thank god.  I fucking hate the Hulu app.  They never update it on Android TV and we don't even have fucking 4k/HDR on there yet (they just got it up to 1080p on Android TV LAST FUCKING YEAR).

Potential Daredevil reboot in the works

If this had been announced before they brought back Vincent D'Onofrio

and Charlie Cox

I might've been more worried about this.

• Shiny 2