Old School Forum
Vic Boss

AEW General

JR annoys the shit out of me most of the time.  Dude's over the hill and a shadow of his former self.

The discourse over the Tommy End thing is stupid.  But I think he deserves half the shit he gets nowadays.

At this point, if CM Punk doesn't show up, AEW done fucked up. He was (somewhat) called out at least twice tonight.

On 7/28/2021 at 10:02 PM, MT said:

At this point, if CM Punk doesn't show up, AEW done fucked up. He was (somewhat) called out at least twice tonight.

Punk took "Best in the World" from Danielson in the first place (who used it in RoH).

After Christian's hype, I think Tony Khan could actually make that mistake

But is Danielson from Chicago?

Nope, but Darby Allin is from Seattle and Bryan is from Washington State too so there's a natural thing there.

Any sane person knows in their soul that it's Punk but Tony Khan's goofed before and I can see ways it can be goofed

AEW Rampage spoilers

HE'S BACK, BABY

4zVgagp.jpg

I am so unbelievably happy right now.

You were there? I'm so jealous

Yeah, it was wild.  The whole atmosphere was insane.  I was at the MITB 2011 show, too, and that's probably the only comparable reaction I can think of.  I was there for Sting's WWE debut, too, and that was probably pretty close.

I also ended up getting a free Punk shirt because some person asked me to buy theirs so they didn't have to wait in line :lol:

• Like 1
  • ROFL 1

Hope you got that ice cream bar too.

They didn't have the non-I Was There variant of that shirt up on their site last night, but I saw it was there this morning and grabbed it 

I fucking love professional wrestling

9 hours ago, MT said:

@Psycho666Soldier Not sure if you went to All Out, but if you did...maybe get tested?

Thanks for this.  I wasn't at All Out, but I was at Rampage.  Thankfully vaccinated and my partner and I wore our masks the whole time except eating snacks, but I'm definitely gonna consider getting tested just in case.

NWppdLg.jpg

There was no way that match was 30 minutes, it went by so fast.

• Shiny 1

Daniel Bryan's gonna be facing Minoru Suzuki on a special Buy In before this week's Rampage :mosh: 

:jumboshiny:

One of my dream matches just because Vince wants to crush Rampage

Danielson sold some of those shots like he was hit by a truck :mosh: 

• Like 1

Dynamite spoiler

• Like 1

I don't know how he does it, but Darby is one of the best guys that I've seen in the business for high-impact collisions that look like they just kill

• Like 1

On 11/11/2021 at 12:08 AM, MT said:

The thing I loved most about that match was that the crowd was going and then they had to quiet down and watch intently because Dante and Lee started doing 4D flip-grappling and you had to pay attention to figure out what the fuck was going on

Damn was it good to see Ishii on Dynamite tonight. Great way to show off just who he is to the American audience.

• Shiny 2

Hangman/Danielson fucked.

What a match, holy shit.

Also, potential teases for Brody King and Kyle O'Reilly's future debuts? :drool:

• Like 1

Normally when I watch Dynamite, I sort of half pay attention, but I was 100% glued to the screen for that entire match. It was so good.

So I have binged like 8 weeks of Dynamite in one night and, as much as Andrade and DBD and MJF and Ishii and Statlander and everybody has all stood out to me....

Holy shit. You CANNOT argue against Cody fucking Rhodes for taking that fire bump and playing this tweener gimmick and trying to make himself look like a goddamn star and fucking dragging AEW kicking and screaming into the world while the Bucks were happy selling t-shirts and Kenny was happy cleaning up New Japan holy shit praise Cody goddamn Rhodes already you piece of shit marks that goddamn bump holy shit my eyes ow ow ow ow.

I hated Cody up until 4 years and 2 weeks ago when I met him the first time.

I loved Cody since 4 years, 1 week, 6 days and 23 hours ago when he made his way to the ring in front of my eyed and CAPTIVATED me. He is a legend. He. Gets. "It".

Holy shit that bump. Fuck you if you talk shit about him. Fuck. You.

:jumboshiny:

ZUisPnz.gif

Hook out here murdering dudes :shiny:

On 12/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, Garlic Junior said:

So I have binged like 8 weeks of Dynamite in one night and, as much as Andrade and DBD and MJF and Ishii and Statlander and everybody has all stood out to me....

Holy shit. You CANNOT argue against Cody fucking Rhodes for taking that fire bump and playing this tweener gimmick and trying to make himself look like a goddamn star and fucking dragging AEW kicking and screaming into the world while the Bucks were happy selling t-shirts and Kenny was happy cleaning up New Japan holy shit praise Cody goddamn Rhodes already you piece of shit marks that goddamn bump holy shit my eyes ow ow ow ow.

I hated Cody up until 4 years and 2 weeks ago when I met him the first time.

I loved Cody since 4 years, 1 week, 6 days and 23 hours ago when he made his way to the ring in front of my eyed and CAPTIVATED me. He is a legend. He. Gets. "It".

Holy shit that bump. Fuck you if you talk shit about him. Fuck. You.

I'ma talk shit about Cody RIGHT NOW.

He's attempting every trick in the book to get the fans to cheer for him or guilt them into cheering for him (the fire bump, feuding with Dan Lambert etc) even though he's getting Rock-going-to-Hollywood heat. There's good reasons not to turn heel (the outside projects, management should be the babyface even though the rest of the Elite threw that out the window awhile ago) and he's obviously teased it a few times, but at some point, he's going to have to hit CM Punk with a Pedigree in Chicago and become to the Triple H/Ric Flair hybrid he's meant to be in AEW (and kinda already was in the Bullet Club)

Man is it good to see actual ReDRagon back together again.

I'm so fucking happy right now

bPVfNQs.jpg

• Like 1

Spoilers for last night's AEW Dynamite

Gee, what a novel concept... :thinking2:

• Like 1

My reaction to the ending moments of AEW Dynamite

I think i'm on my last nerve with the Julia Hart stuff...

So, I hear things are going well these past few days :uhoh: 

Yep.  Things sound real sloppy right about now. 

If half of everything coming out is true, both the Elite and Punk are being asses.  I do think Punk shouldn't have aired that shit out on a media presser though instead of actually like...furthering the product.  I get wanting to clear the air on Cabana and I get not wanting to hold shit in.  But this could have been internet speculation rumor that the fans could argue over whether it's true or a work or not, and if he had just been like "I didn't fuck with Cabana, end of story," then maybe the fight wouldn't have happened.

Also, I really don't think anything Hangman did or said was that bad and for Punk to be so pissed about it seems petty.

I've been a huge Punk mark for years, but his attitude lately has me almost wanting him to not be around any more. It's starting to seem like he's more trouble than he's worth. Plus, this is the second time he's had the belt put on him and almost immediately gotten hurt, maybe don't give it to him for a bit?

I think my favourite part of the story is that someone got bit and it wasn't by the dog in the room

I'd err on the side of CM Punk on this one.

Tony made the right move.