Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

A single mother and her two children move to Summerville, Oklahoma after inheriting property from a relative. When the town experiences a series of unexplained earthquakes, the children discover their family's link to the original Ghostbusters, and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.

• Like 1
  • Shiny 1

Finally! This one actually looks good!

Very nice.  I am looking forward to seeing more about this.  Director is the guy that did Thank You For Smoking. :O 

• Like 1

He also wrote it, and is the son of the guy who directed and produced the original 2 so that's probably a good sign. This is probably one of the best outcomes we could have hoped for after Harold Ramis died. I'm certainly intrigued.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 4:26 AM, webhead said:

Very nice.  I am looking forward to seeing more about this.  Director is the guy that did Thank You For Smoking. :O 

That was such a good movie ^_^

Got back from seeing this today with friends. I honestly loved it. It was a good balance of new with nostalgia. Hit a few good jokes, great effects.

Spoiler

And we essentially got the entire crew back including Sigourney Weaver! (Except Egon of course but i liked how they incorporated him in the end). 

Slimer/Muncher was awesome.

How bad do you think Paul Rufd was geeking out that he got to be the Keymaster and basically get to replay that?

I really loved how they tied the 1st and 2nd movie together that made sense. Laughed at when Sophie stopped at 2021, too close to home guys. 

Just got back from seeing it. Absolutely loved it. It hit the same sort of vibe as "The Force Awakens" where it was new but hit all the same beats as the original essentially. There were a couple points where it went a little to hard in that direction, but it always did a good job of course correction.  The nostalgia was extreme though. I'm pretty sure I had a huge grin the entire movie. Ghostbusters was my favorite thing as a kid and Ghostbusters 2 was the first movie I remember ever seeing in a theater when I was little so it was a big deal for me personally too.

Only person they were missing was Rick Moranis but that's not surprising since he stopped acting forever ago. Still would have been nice to see him though. Really glad they got everyone else back. Was super confused when they popped Sigourney Weaver's name up at the end of the fancy credits and I was like "Where the hell was she??" and then the scene played. XD

The original guys played a bigger role than I was expecting. Interested in seeing what else they could do with it now too if this does well. That 2nd after credit scene gave me some hope.

Also, Olivia Wilde made a pretty damn good Gozer. Took me a while to figure out who it was. XD

• Like 1

Spoiler

I heard rumors that Morianis was getting back into it since his kids are all grown and running life but while i would have loved ro see him in there, i wasn't expecting too much on that. 

J.K. Simmons was also a surprise actor i didn't expect to see even tho he was extremely short lived when Gozer resurrected lol. 

How much do you think Paul Rudd geeked put getting to replay the Keymaster/Gate Keeper bit?