Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Nintendo General

Yeah, don't really care about this lol.  I guess I'll keep waiting for Switch 2 and hope it's got bc.

• Like 1

I’m not really waiting for anything. Just plain happy with what I’ve got. I hope there are people out there that are hyped for the thing though. Maybe that new screen is really nice. 

Yeah, don't need an OLED Switch with a slightly larger screen.

It’s expensive too. There aren’t enough new features to make it worth that price. I can’t imagine the screen is that awesome.

4 year old tech, slap an OLED in that bad boy, charge more than launch price.  I guess when the console still sells out on the reg, you really don't HAVE to lower prices. :lol:

>Nintendo

>lower prices

VyEo7O1.gif

• ROFL 1

$50 / year ain't that bad...

Considering it was $20, that's a big jump for some N64 and Genesis games

• Like 1

I'm annoyed with the Genesis games in particular because those cost money to put on the service and this already exists and goes on sale pretty regularly.

But whatevs, I'll just make a frowny face when I give Nintendo my money instead of a happy face

34 minutes ago, MT said:

Considering it was $20, that's a big jump for some N64 and Genesis games

I like lower prices too of course, but I think they were leaving money on the table at $20 / year. It was bound to go up eventually. I get why some folks will be unhappy to see a big increase all at once, but it still only works out to a little over $4 / month at the new price for an individual. I don't think Nintendo is gouging people :shrug: 

$30 jump is annoying.  $45 jump is even more annoying if you're doing the family deal so both you and your partner can play online.

So yeah, I'm not paying $80 a year for this.  I have a Genesis Mini and I can just emulate N64 games if I can't find cheap physical copies

1 hour ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

$30 jump is annoying.  $45 jump is even more annoying if you're doing the family deal so both you and your partner can play online.

So yeah, I'm not paying $80 a year for this.  I have a Genesis Mini and I can just emulate N64 games if I can't find cheap physical copies

Still only works out to like $3 / month per person if you and yer partner are splitting the cost of one year of the family plan. N64 and Genesis games aren't the greatest selling point to justify the price increase--it would be nice if they were adding more to make the higher price more palatable--but I'm still not convinced that it's an unreasonable price point, all things considered.

18 minutes ago, dr. b said:

Still only works out to like $3 / month per person if you and yer partner are splitting the cost of one year of the family plan. N64 and Genesis games aren't the greatest selling point to justify the price increase--it would be nice if they were adding more to make the higher price more palatable--but I'm still not convinced that it's an unreasonable price point, all things considered.

Yeah, but that's a $40 chunk per person once per year.  And neither of us use the features enough to justify paying 40 bucks each.  I have no problem covering the 35 yearly so we can both be able to play online plus get NES/SNES games, but I know she wouldn't want to spend an extra $40 dollars when she's not even going to touch those games for the most part.

I'm not even trying to argue whether it's a bad business move or anything.  It's just a decision that doesn't cater to me at all which sucks because I would have liked to play N64 games with proper resolution for HDTVs and not have to worry about potential emulation errors.  But people are going to pay for it and Nintendo will continue to make money, so I'm just kind of left in the dust unless I want to fork up an extra $40 bucks.

Yeah, it's a bummer that they're not adding more perks. 

Looking at the Nintendo website, you can still buy the regular Switch Online family package for $35 / year. Switch Online + Expansion Pack is 'Coming Soon'... so I guess now's the time for people to lock in another year of the old plan before the changes take effect..?

I don't think the old plan is changing any.

Yeah, as long as they don't get rid of the old plan, I won't holler too much other than my own laments.  If they were upgrading all this to dash away the old plan, I'd be a bit more up in arms about it.

People were under the impression that the Expansion pass is a forced annualized plan too, you can't sub to it for a month at a time like you can the regular Online.

Jump to 80 a month from 35 is fucking horrendous.  I've got like 6 others on my account I'mma be hitting up for money if we're going to do this but JUST for N64 and Genesis roms...

pirates-pirate.gif

I did buy the Genesis and N64 controllers happily though.  I'm totally down for having those.

It’s $80 for a year, not a month :rotfl:

Oops yeah I meant year haha.  Price jump was horrendous though.  If it went to 80 a month that would truly be horrific. :rotfl:

That Direct was somehow hype without the big guns and now the N64/Genesis expansion feels worth the $$$

I’m really impressed by Kirby. I originally didn’t have any interest in it but it’s slowly won me over more and more.

Really smart for them to lean into Mario Kart 8 and doing a new Wii Sports and Xenoblade 3 is a big deal even though I don’t personally care.

Anybody here interested in Triangle Strategy? Played the demo? Thoughts? Curious to know what other people think about it.

I've yet to find an SRPG that I really enjoy, but for some reason I keep wanting to find one that I will like... :confused:

I haven't tried the demo yet, but I've been toying with the idea trying it out. Even if the demo blows me away, I'm certainly not buying an SRPG for full price on release, but I might Wishlist it and watch out for a good sale later on. If it doesn't sell well then it won't be long before a good deal will be available.

6 minutes ago, dr. b said:

Anybody here interested in Triangle Strategy? Played the demo? Thoughts? Curious to know what other people think about it.

I've yet to find an SRPG that I really enjoy, but for some reason I keep wanting to find one that I will like... :confused:

I haven't tried the demo yet, but I've been toying with the idea trying it out. Even if the demo blows me away, I'm certainly not buying an SRPG for full price on release, but I might Wishlist it and watch out for a good sale later on. If it doesn't sell well then it won't be long before a good deal will be available.

I get huge Tactics Ogre vibes from the game, but I don't think the Demo dives into it enough for me to say if it's good or not. From what I played I liked it. 

You'd have to also keep a really close eye if it goes on sales, if it's anything like Octopath Traveler it will rarely go on sale. Hell, it took almost 4 years for me to get the game for $30 (Switch). I just got it like a month ago. 

Yeah, the demo isn’t enough to say if it will be good or bad and it will never go on sale in the eshop unfortunately. What games in the genre have you played? What didn’t you like about them?

New Direct out. New SE game titled “Various Daylife” coming out. Feel like they’re just messing with us at this point.

Super Mario Bros Wonder looks like it'll be super fun.

3 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

SUPER MARIO RPG REMAKE

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

:mosh: 

I can't decide which one I want to use my other voucher on.  Fuck.  I am honestly leaning Super Mario RPG right now. :panic: