Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MT

Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Top Gun: Maverick takes place 34 years after the events of the original film and pits legendary Captain Peter "Maverick" Mitchell as the new flight instructor of Top Gun, in which he guides Bradley, Goose's son, who seeks to become an aviator much as his father was.

Why

Because all Hollywood can do anymore is do reboots, poorly timed sequels or make movies from games/books/comics/musicals? They got nothin' left. :-/

I will probably pirate this one after hearing about some the back room bullshit Tencent pulled on it (yep, its a chinese funded movie about the US military)

On 7/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, webhead said:

Why

Because one of life's simple joys is playin' with the boys

On 12/18/2019 at 9:10 PM, Shade Aurion said:

Because one of life's simple joys is playin' with the boys

It just seems super lame to be rebooting this one tbh.  I dunno.  I guess we'll see.  Sometimes these things work out but it is pretty rare.  New Independence Day wasn't exactly a smash hit. :uhoh:

It was actually really good. I'd heard good things going into it, and i'd definitely say it lived up to it. Some people were saying to watch the first movie before seeing this, as it has a ton of callbacks.

oh shit i forgot to come in here when we saw it but yeah I'll second MT here---- it's really good, definitely give the original a watch beforehand! It's not a reboot, it is a straight up sequel and plays out like a love letter to the original and what people loved about it. Also really cool plane scenes.