Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho666Soldier

[Manga Chat]

Ichinose is in a good groove right now.  It feels like we don't get a lot with only so many pages per chapter, but there's been a hook and push over the last few chapters that has me hyped for whatever comes next.

Last 3 chapters of Elusive Samurai have been good, too

Spoiler

I like Shina.  I like the idea of her being a love interest for Kojiro.  Really dig the leg blade.  I do feel like her introduction was kinda shoehorned?  Like it developed nicely, but she just kind of showed up and then was immediately accepted like a primary retainer, without the same kind of build up over a chapter or two like there was for Genba and Fubuki.  So that was a bit jarring, but I like the character and the relationship with Masamune.

The little "Masamune arc" was awesome, though.  I loved the whole showdown between Shizuku and Kojiro and him gauging their fighting style based on their initial approach.  And the weapon upgrades for Shizuku is pretty badass.  So one sloppy character introduction, one amazing one, and both really enjoyable characters.  So yeah, overall these have been great, and I'm enjoying the calm in Kamakura after the string of battles we were going through.  Good pacing.

Chainsaw Man still has me hooked into the characters and what's gonna happen, but cutting things down to 15-17 pages a chapter has made a few chapters feel like they're lacking and like I don't get enough.  I enjoy the smaller moments with the characters before all the brutal action, but it just feels like not enough character stuff is really happening either.

Akane-banashi #52

Spoiler

Kaisei is intense.  So far we've only really seen comedic Rakugo, which makes me wonder about his spin on this tale being so dark.  Is this how it's supposed to be, or is the the form of innovation that Arakawa supports?  Super intrigued by this performance.

I also really dug the new Show-ha Shoten.  The wait is never short enough for the next chapter.

^ I'm in agreement about pretty much all of that!

• Ichinose Family has been rather captivating lately, after a brief lull for a few chapters
  • The Masamune stuff in Elusive Samurai has been super rad, and those weapons are cool AF
  • Chainsaw Man has overall been good, and even when it's not great the vibes are still pretty cool, but it would totally benefit from a longer format (eg, like Choujin X which often has closer to 30 pages, sometimes more... you should totally get caught up on it if you haven't yet :lurk:)
  • Akane-banashi continues to be great overall and now that PPPPPP is over Akane is easily my favourite current artsy manga (:salute: PPPPPPP)
  • Every new Show-ha Shoten! is loaded with good stuff even when I don't really get the Japanese stand-up humour

Are you caught up on Sakamoto and DB Super?

@Anelle thoughts re: latest JJK chapters???

I'm way behind on sharing my thoughts in here!!! I'm finishing packing (I leave to see Lucy in Scotland tomorrow!!!!!!) but I'll try and slam some of them down tonight! I've missed talking manga with y'all, I've just been frazzled lately

Tell Lucy we say hi!

Finally got round to checking out some of the new stuff. 

Beat & Motion is definitely a winner in my books! Nico is hilarious :rotfl: The art is a bit generic IMHO so it's not as nice to look at as some other series that I'm enjoying at the moment, but I like the basis for the story. I actually read the first two chapters at like 3am this morning when I couldn't get back to sleep while stressing over some dumb work shit in the middle of the night, and this idea of "You just died today, now you should do what you really want to do" struck a chord.

Gokurakugai is also interesting, though I am not as into the concept as I am Beat & Motion.

The latest Chainsaw Man (123) also has some good stuff going on. Asa is in a bit of trouble here! Denji to the rescue? Or does she save herself?

Ditto on all that Beat & Motion stuff.  It has a special heart behind it.  I'm also super intrigued by how the relationship between the two builds up as she flips between drunkenness and sobriety, and how much of that she actually remembers.

And yeah, I liked Chainsaw Man this week.  Feels like we're getting ready to ramp back up.

Gokurakugai is almost purely an art/aesthetic thing for me.  Best & Motion has the more interesting/personally relevant narrative and characters, but there's a lot of style dripping from Gokurakugai that makes me want to see where it goes.  I still haven't read past the first chapter, though :lol:

I think I'm gonna drop Jiangshi X.  I haven't read the last two weeks, and it just doesn't really hook me.  It's just your basis Shonen with a premise that's niche enough to not 100% feel cliche, but it's still like 95% cliche.  It probably won't last long anyway.

Wow, we're definitely on the same wavelength here :highfive: :lol:  My gut says Nico remembers more than she is letting on during her drunken outbursts. I dunno why. Probably wrong :rotfl: 

I didn't start Jiangshi X yet. I might circle back to it if it enjoys a long-ish run and seems to pick up some momentum. But if it meets an early end then I figure why even bother :lolgrin: 

I've been thinking about maybe picking up World Trigger if I have time for some binge reading. I watched the first season of the anime way back (hard to believe that was nine years ago! :O.O:) and enjoyed it well enough (not that I remember much about it anymore!). It must be doing something right if it's still running...

I'm finally caught up on everything and this week was a strong round of chapters.

Sakamoto Days #111

Spoiler

This flashback arc has been really cool.  Feels like the first time we're really peeling back the curtain on Sakamoto's past and his connection to The Order.  The fight with the leader was fun.  I'm wondering if the daughter that was part of the disguise might maybe be Aoi?  Though I feel she's probably too young for the timeline to match.

Ichinose Family #17

Spoiler

Oh shit!  Just when you think you have all the answers, they change the questions!  Was not expecting this to be a coma dream.  Now that's very interesting.  I wonder what that means for what his brain is experiencing?  Are we gonna see the dynamic going on outside of his brain?  Or is it all some kind of ruse?

There's that small part of me that feels like "oh, maybe this is a copout," but I think if it's an integral/climactic part of the plot as opposed to an ending twist, then there's so much to explore with that and it fascinates me.

I'm blanking on specific things to say about the rest other than the Spy x Family chapter was a bit underwhelming,  but overall I enjoyed reading everything this week.

Every week I read all the new chapters and I feel like I have so many things to comment on, and then I pull up this thread and my brain mostly draws a blank :rotfl: :dunce: 

I am enjoying the flashback in Sakamoto too. I feel like the happenings in the past are going to explain a lot about Slur's motivations. 

I am also super curious to see what happens next in The Elusive Samurai. Fun times sight-seeing in Kamakura are on hold for now..! Back to the action.

Ichinose Family #17

I'm not sure how I feel yet about this latest plot twist... but I will reserve judgement until we see what happens next. It wasn't a bad chapter.

You up to date on DB Super as well? We're properly getting into the Super Hero story now. I guess reading it after having seen the movie already is a bit boring, but whatever, the movie was a really good time so I'll enjoy reading the manga adaptation too.

I just read that chapter this morning. I figured we were getting into the movie now, which I still haven't seen, so I'm happy to just go through it blind and then see the movie later.  I dig the way they're setting up the Red Ribbon revival though.

Also, #16 being Gero's son is 100% canon now!

Yeah that was an interesting little piece of background info showing the Dr. Gero family tree. 

Ichinose Family #18

Spoiler

Yeah, I like this direction.  I was hoping it would be a bit more than just "Tsubasa's in a coma and having coma dreams.  The angle that they're all connecting through dreams is pretty awesome.  That keeps a proper supernatural element that I expect from this mangaka.

Has anyone else read To Your Eternity? Just bought and read the first volume. Was really impressed. A unique story that is deftly told. Reminded me a lot of Fire Punch. By the author of A Silent Voice.

7 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Ichinose Family #18

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I like this direction.  I was hoping it would be a bit more than just "Tsubasa's in a coma and having coma dreams.  The angle that they're all connecting through dreams is pretty awesome.  That keeps a proper supernatural element that I expect from this mangaka.

I liked the chapter this week too. There’s more to it than what I might have thought last week, but it’s also not too convoluted. Pretty good balance in that regard. 

Situation is getting critical again this week in The Elusive Samurai! :uhoh:

Sakamoto was short this week :-/  

Lots of good stuff this week :nod: 

The Elusive Samurai

Lots to take in from one chapter! Behind the scenes it seems like lots of Hojo supporters got taken out rather quickly. I guess those pesky Tengu figured out all their locations and directed the Ashikaga forces to them..? The bit with the Miuras was quite sad. But props to Tokiyuki for getting all these dudes to fight to live. 

Now there are some pretty bad hombres headed for Kamakura. Do Yokiuki and friends get driven out of Kamakura after they just got there..? :uhoh: Or can they hold the fort? Can't wait to see.

Fabricant 100

Alright, they hooked me in again with the sparks. Our guy's regenerative ability is pretty awesome!

Akane-banashi

I had a feeling there was something more to that new guy. Turns out he's another rakugo wunderkind. And then that other girl is back in the spotlight... She was the voice actress IIRC. No shortage of rivals for Akane!

I am feeling pretty lost in Ichinose Family right now :lol: A bit reminiscent of PPPPPP in that regard. Eventually I assume it will all make sense.

And I think I am even more lost in Jujutsu Kaisen. Gonna need to read a plot summary when the Culling Game arc ends :rotfl: 

New chapters of Gokurakugai and Show-ha Shoten! hit today too. I will read them tonight.

The Elusive Samurai #109

Yorishige :salute: :crying: 

Finally something exciting is set to happen in Jujutsu Kaisen :shiny: 

We also skipped ahead to big stuff in Akane-banashi! I am kind of nervous to see things go for Akane.

Latest chapters of Sakamoto Days have been great too. Very curious to see the conclusion of these flashback chapters.

I feel like a few manga where competitions are held have had the protagonists lose.  Maybe it's mostly Showha Shoten I'm thinking of, but that feeling alone makes me want to see Akane pull this off.

Sakamoto Days has been awesome the last few chapters, too.  Excited to see how this all resolves, and it was cool to see the origins of The Order.  I wonder if we'll get to see how the newer members joined?  Or that super old guy.

I've also been following Tenmaku Cinema and been enjoying that so far.  Haven't really read any of the other new series, though, and not sure they particularly interest me.  I definitely don't have high hopes for Nue's Exorcist considering it's the same creator as Bone Collector, and that was pretty crap.

Elusive Samurai

Spoiler

We were talking about things going too well, and the last few chapters really did capitalize on making us regret enjoying everything.  A lot of dead, Takauji seeming invincible despite being absolutely insane, and then Yorishige dying.  Not to mention Fubuki being brainwashed.  Very curious where it all goes from here.

Ichinose Family

Spoiler

Well, I gotta say this manga does a good job of changing up the foundation right when you think you know the pattern and the coming events.  Did not expect him to wake up from the coma, and I like that now we're exploring more of his self-hate as he comes to terms with how the actual world has changed on the outside.  My guess is the rest of his family is still out of touch with their selves and not at peace with him being in a coma, but I know Taizan5 usually has some strange supernatural element, so I'm curious if them being linked to his coma dream will become a concrete plot point as opposed to just a metaphorical thing.

Sheesh, no replies since May 20. We all need to do a bit better, it seems! :lolgrin: 

. @Psycho666Soldier and @Anelle -- are you still keeping up with anything in Jump? I have kept up with everything that I was following, though I haven't checked out many new things in May/June/July except for the latest new one...

The new one this week -- Wild Strawberry -- was off to a pretty decent start. I'll keep reading it. It's interesting, having watched the Hell's Paradise (Jigokurako) anime during the spring season, to see the whole flowers-blooming-out-of-people thing happening again, albeit in a different context. There are some very beautiful (and gory) visuals in both!

This week's Sakamoto Days (#127) was harsh. RIP Hyo ??? What a bummer man, he was a great dude :( 

I have really enjoyed recent chapters of The Elusive Samurai. Kinda weird to see Tokiyuki and co. basically beg forgiveness of the Mikado, but I guess it was their only play. The new character (Akiie) is something else lol. Also I am on the fence about the ninja girl, but I don't think she's going to betray Tokiyuki's crew to the Tengu. I have a gut feeling about that.

JJK is a bit of a hot mess. The Culling Game may never end :rotfl: Recent chapters have at least had some good action, but damn it's confusing.

The competition happening right now in Akane-banashi has been great and I am pulling so hard for Akane. Win or lose, I am loving what is going on.

Beat and Motion is similar to Akane-banashi in that I am just really enjoying what it's all about--no complaints about either series.

Ichinose Family is starting to lose me again... but I know I will keep reading it anyways :lol: 

I think that's about it for my rando thoughts on manga...

Reminder to reply here once I catch up because I've slacked the last two weeks.

Have you read Tenmaku Cinema?  I didn't think I'd be a big fan at first, but it's been a pretty enjoyable follow so far.

I haven't yet but maybe I will.

A few other titles I forgot to touch on in my last post:

Choujin X has had some more somewhat regular releases lately and I have still been enjoying it.

:rotfl: at this week's chapter of Chainsaw Man. That was super random :fup: 

I AM SO SICK OF THE CULLING GAME IN JJK

SO SICK OF IT

JUST

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK PLEASE, SOMETHING ELSE ALREADY

At least I don't totally hate the fight going on now but it's already wearing thin on me..... very very shonen fight for sure.

Akane-banashi continues to deliver, and I'm still enjoying Fabricant 100, wasn't sure if I would stick with that one or even if it'd survive this long. Not really into Ice-head gil or whatever it is but I keep reading it just because it's new and there. Wild Strawberry seems promising, I'll stick with it for a bit at least.

Maybe the whole point of the Culling Game is to actually kill all the manga readers :rotfl: :rotfl: 

I didn't check out Ice-Head Gill. I kind of got out of the habit of checking out every new series. I'm already following quite a few. Sort of waiting for something to end before I start on yet another new one. 

Definitely enjoyed the last two chapters of Chainsaw Man, even if it feels a bit random at the moment.

Spoiler

Asa wrestling with her love for Chainsaw Man to the point of spontaneously reciting poetry about him was pretty hilarious.  I'm expecting this person touching Denji's "Weiner" is either a demon or someone meant to distract him from some fucked up shit about to happen.

re: Chainsaw Man

Yeah, totally just a distraction. Denji is really in a rut right now and needs to break out of it. Asa is easily the more compelling character since the manga came back, not Denji. And I was pretty on-the-fence about Asa at first. She has since won me over. I'm sure Denji will get his groove back soon enough.

Another new DB Super chapter today, more of the movie of course, but I'm still looking forward to reading it. Related: DB Super: Super Hero is streaming on Crunchyroll now, so I think I'm going to re-watch it soon. I really enjoyed it at the theatre.

I read the first three chapters of Tenmaku Cinema and I'm all in. It's good :nod:

Also the second chapter of Wild Strawberry continued to impress me. This one's a winner :thumbs: 

Lots of good stuff this week in Jump! 

Elusive Samurai #119

Tokiyuki rallies the troops and then passes out from shot of sake :rotfl: Also :lol: at how Akiie talks to his troops

Akane-banashi #71

Please tell me she wins the competition..! Also, where is her dad at!?!

Still feeling lost in Ichinose Family...

I will post about the Spy x Family chapter in the other thread.

Still catching up on some things, but I just finished up to he most recent Beat & Motion

Spoiler

What a strangely tense chapter.  In a good way.  They had the moments with the long shots focusing on Status sipping his drink and stuff and then Nico seemed really happy with the storyboard and it didn't all click until the last couple pages.  I just loved the transition from him worrying that he objectified her for her status to the panel of her asking to go to the fireworks.  That shit made my heart blip.

Akane-banashi has been wonderful.  Seems like a strong moment of self discovery, but I'm really hoping she gets the victory.  She deserves it.

Also still been liking Ichinose Family, but I feel the execution of the last 2 chapters was a bit rushed/sloppy, so it definitely made for a narrative dissonance with where they expect us to be emotionally.  I'm still into the mystery surrounding his parents and what they do/don't know/what happened with the accident.

I'm also super hype for what come next in Sakamoto Days.

Also, that last Chainsaw Man chapter?  That shit was wild and was probably one of the best chapters they've had in a while.  Great work.  Feels like the anime could really rock with that part.

25 minutes ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Whoa.  Was NOT expecting the end of the recent Sakamoto chapter!

Seriously! I don't really understand what is actually happening with X... but I'm curious to see what happens next.

Cliffhanger in Akane-banashi this week... please tell me she won the competition! Need to see what happens next week.

More good stuff in The Elusive Samurai, but it feels like things went a bit too easily... Waiting for the other shoe to drop :uhoh: 

This week's new chapters of Wild Strawberry and Chainsaw Man were good stuff too. I have pretty high hopes for Wild Strawberry, but you never know. Let's see next week what this new character is all about.

1 hour ago, dr. b said:

Seriously! I don't really understand what is actually happening with X... but I'm curious to see what happens next.

Cliffhanger in Akane-banashi this week... please tell me she won the competition! Need to see what happens next week.

More good stuff in The Elusive Samurai, but it feels like things went a bit too easily... Waiting for the other shoe to drop :uhoh: 

This week's new chapters of Wild Strawberry and Chainsaw Man were good stuff too. I have pretty high hopes for Wild Strawberry, but you never know. Let's see next week what this new character is all about.

Sakamoto Days

Spoiler

I actually went back and read chapters 119 and 120 and it had a whole different tone and meaning behind it knowing that X is actually Rion.  Or absorbed her consciousness or something.  The way they mentioned Akira helping them "change" comes off a bit like it's a split personality sort of thing, but where both personalities are legit consciousnesses of both people.  Curious.

Elusive Samurai

Spoiler

Feels like it was kind of a non-victory with Ienaga plotting something with the retreat.  I think it was mostly a way of showing how effective Akiie is as a strategist and to reannounce Tokiyuki as alive to the world.

I get what they were going for, but I kinda thought the "Prejudice doesn't matter if you do it with respect" angle was kinda yucky.  But I imagine the point wasn't to say that it's ok to speak vile and more was just showing more commanding styles for Tokiyuki to take the best lessons from.  It was still kind of a bruh moment though.

On 7/30/2023 at 1:48 PM, Psycho666Soldier said:

Sakamoto Days

Reveal hidden contents

I actually went back and read chapters 119 and 120 and it had a whole different tone and meaning behind it knowing that X is actually Rion.  Or absorbed her consciousness or something.  The way they mentioned Akira helping them "change" comes off a bit like it's a split personality sort of thing, but where both personalities are legit consciousnesses of both people.  Curious.

Yeah, that's what I'm curious to get some more explanation about... Has X actually somehow absorbed Rion's personality or consciousness or, like, I dunno... merged with her somehow ?

:O.O: 

I decided this week to pick up on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure again. Started on Diamond is Unbreakable a few days ago and I'm nearly 40 chapters into it. I'm enjoying it quite a bit so far. But it does seem to continue the trend of "Here's another stand user, and here's another stand user, and another..." that got tired for me in Stardust Crusaders. It's a bit of a quantity vs. quality imbalance problem IMO. But so far in Diamond is Unbreakable, I have most enjoyed the new stand users that have been introduced. Hopefully it stays that way.

I finally tried out Martial Master Asumi.  Seems like a better Neru(except I liked the art a tad better) plotwise.  The art is great, the fights are engaging, and I really like the way they've built the protagonist.  Also feels like I picked it up where the last chapter was properly setting up the rest of the series.  So if you're interested, I think it's safe to say you'll know whether you like it after the first 7 chapters.

Also, now that you've started Diamond is Unbreakable, maybe it's time I pick it back up?

Do it! :highfive: Are you just starting it or where did you leave off?

I didn't get very far.  I think I got like 10 chapters in?  They basically just fought the first stand user that attacks in Josuke's house and that's about as far as I got.  Wasn't so much for lack of interest as I had just binged Stardust Crusaders hard and had a bit of burnout.

Yeah, that's why I took a break after Stardust Crusaders too. Needed a break after binging the previous parts. I am really enjoying Diamond is Unbreakable now after having taken a break from JJBA. It feels fresher again.

New Gokurakugai and Show-ha Shoten! chapters yesterday! (I totally didn't forget that these series even existed :lurk:)

Honestly, not a heck of a lot happened in either chapter, but they were both good.

Gokurakugai

Reminded me all over again how much of a bummer the thing with Kanata was :crying2: 

Show-ha Shoten!

Pretty good setup for the competition. Sucks that Broken Glass Slipper drew #1 but I'm curious to see how they handle it.

I still kind of have a thing for One Way Ticket's friend / quasi-manager :love3:

I am holding back on passing judgement on Nazutani, but right now I'm leaning towards strongly disliking him. Interested to see if that might turn around or if he's really just a shithead :lol: 

Opened up the Jump app at lunch to read a few more JoJo chapters, but there was a new series so I figured why not give it a whirl. Wow!

Shojo Null #1

At first glance I expected to not like it much, but don't just a book by it's cover I guess. (That first page is just liiiiiittle bit cringey though :lol:)

I immediately found Riaha's friend group amusing. And then going into the stuff about what Gijin's actually are was interesting, along with of course Riaha's dad's work and gruesome slaughter by the police. There is some gory stuff in this chapter! Gotta say, it was pretty satisfying see Marie wreck those dumbass YouTubers.

Curious to see where it goes from here.

:tumbleweed:

Anybody else check out Shojo Null yet? 

New chapters from yesterday:

Akane-banashi #73

Lost by one point

:crying: What the heck do those streamers know! I was pretty bummed out when I read this one, but I kinda felt like it was coming. Onwards and upwards, I guess.

Akane-banashi #73

Spoiler

Yeah, this was a heartbreaking chapter.  Especially the end when she broke down about wanting to win with her Dad's story.  Like you said, knew it was coming, but I was really pulling for her and wanted to see her get the win.  Fucking Kaisei ruining shit.

Haven't checked out Shojo Null yet, but it's on my list.  Along with Wild Strawberry.

5 hours ago, Psycho666Soldier said:

Akane-banashi #73

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this was a heartbreaking chapter.  Especially the end when she broke down about wanting to win with her Dad's story.  Like you said, knew it was coming, but I was really pulling for her and wanted to see her get the win.  Fucking Kaisei ruining shit.

Yup, I wanted it super bad for Akane. But it's never that easy..! :-/ 

I've got two thumbs way up for both Wild Strawberry and Shojo Null :thumbs: You've gotta give 'em a look when you got a few minutes.

No new chapters this weekend :| 

But we did get a new Chainsaw Man today

Denji is getting used all over again :rotfl: :rotfl:

This kind of feels a bit like a repeat of the first part, where the person who seemingly wants to help Denji is ultimately bad in the end (like Makima all over again). That feels too predictable though so I'm assuming there will be a twist. 

On 8/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, dr. b said:

No new chapters this weekend :| 

But we did get a new Chainsaw Man today

Hide contents

Denji is getting used all over again :rotfl: :rotfl:

This kind of feels a bit like a repeat of the first part, where the person who seemingly wants to help Denji is ultimately bad in the end (like Makima all over again). That feels too predictable though so I'm assuming there will be a twist. 

Chainsaw Man

Spoiler

I think the difference I'm seeing here is that both sides are very clearly trying to use Dennis for different things, and I think we'll get to a point where Dennis gets to make a choice that is purely what he wants to do.  Though it's also possible neither side is seeking dominance like Makima was.  

But also, how the hell do you argue with steak every day?!

I also just read the first chapter of Shojo Null and I'm IN

Yeah man, that first chapter hooked me for sure :nod: 

Also :rotfl: at auto-correct (I'm assuming) turning Denji into Dennis in yer spoiler.

I'll pass on steak everyday... 

Any chance that Makima somehow comes back??? I'm assuming not, that would be very random... but I guess it also wouldn't shock me.

• ROFL 1

This week's new Chainsaw Man chapter was a good one. Hopefully we get back to more excitement soon and Denji gets his groove back. Feels like something big is about to happen.

Beat & Motion #14 -- What an incredibly feel-good chapter. It wasn't anything too elaborate, but I thought there were some really beautifully drawn panels in this chapter. Let's hang out again :heart: 

Shojo Null #4 -- OK, so the special police dude is a bit over-the-top... but that seems to make a good villain in this story. I thought the panel of him doing a line was hilarious :rotfl: I am intrigued by the new character introduced at the end of the chapter. Looks like Riaha and Marie have got a new teammate.

I really enjoyed seeing Denji hear how weird the church was and saying screw it.  It's actually a good foil to what you were talking where it seemed like he was just going along with what he's told, where instead now he's thinking a bit more critically.

Agreed on Beat & Motion.  It was nice to see him still say something even if it wasn't exactly what he wanted to say.  It felt like the message got across regardless.

As for Shojo Null, I'm fully caught up now, and I kind of get the vibe the whole series is over-the-top lol.

Spoiler

The 3rd chapter was really good, though.  The playwright who has the gijin actually kill onstage and leading to the forced revolt.  Overall, very intrigued to see where it goes.

I also loved the Sakamoto #131

Spoiler

You can't help but love how they take such a ridiculous chapter and turn it into something heartfelt and meaningful, which is kind of the MO of this whole manga.  I was cracking up at the antics between Hana and Kashima.  His reactions were golden, and then the way he ended up using his ridiculous ass customizations to cheer her up when she cried.  Great shit.

Chainsaw Man #141 today

- Only 14 pages :thumbs2:
- 14 days until the next chapter :thumbs2:
- But it was a good chapter overall and it looks like sparks are going to fly soon!
- This author is very good at these more atmospheric chapters, like the first several pages of this chapter that depict all these different scenes with hardly any words. I felt like he employed this style quite a bit in a couple of his one-shots as well

Yeah, Shojo Null is super over-the-top. Pretty ridiculous stuff at times. But I am still liking it quite a bit!

Chainsaw Man #141

Spoiler

Yeah, these kinds of chapters are where Fujimoto and this series really shines.  It says so much with absolutely no dialogue.  And while the lack of pages sucks, I find myself sucked into the pages without dialogue so much that I end up taking more time analyzing expressions and body language.  Great stuff.

Also, I can't recommend Martial Master Asumi enough.  I think this has a lot of potential to become animated and have a good healthy run.  The art is some of the best of what's being published right now, and the combat storytelling is excellent.  

I have added Martial Master Asumi to my list..! Hopefully I can start reading it this weekend. I'm only about 30ish chapters away from finishing JJBA Diamond is Unbreakable, so I've been pretty focused on that. I am enjoying Diamond is Unbreakable more than I did Stardust Crusaders. Good stuff.