Old School Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho666Soldier

[Manga Chat]

SAKAMOTO DAYS PEOPLE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THIS PANEL FROM CHAPTER 15 I DON'T KNOW IF I'M JUST TIRED OR WHAT BUT I CAN'T PARSE IT AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS ENOUGH TO YELL ABOUT IT

Spoiler

1138928443_Screenshot_20220430-2318402.thumb.png.ed6c30afd178f2acc3e380e2ce76615b.png

also i am now current on sakamoto days lol

:rotfl: yeah that panel is a bit hard to read. Hooray for getting current in Sakamoto Days though :thumbs:

11 hours ago, Anelle said:

SAKAMOTO DAYS PEOPLE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THIS PANEL FROM CHAPTER 15 I DON'T KNOW IF I'M JUST TIRED OR WHAT BUT I CAN'T PARSE IT AND IT'S DRIVING ME NUTS ENOUGH TO YELL ABOUT IT

Hide contents

1138928443_Screenshot_20220430-2318402.thumb.png.ed6c30afd178f2acc3e380e2ce76615b.png

Stack of guns falling on an assassin.  Happens all the time.

Looks like the usual suspects are taking a break this week, but pretty happy to get new Show-ha Shorten.  Was a pretty fun chapter.

ohhh yeah that's a pile of guns!!! ok. My sleep deprived brain kept trying to make that into like... one object and i was just furious that I couldn't figure it out lmao

I never would have seen that no matter how long I stared that panel :lolgrin: :dunce:

On 5/1/2022 at 10:32 AM, Psycho666Soldier said:

Looks like the usual suspects are taking a break this week, but pretty happy to get new Show-ha Shorten.  Was a pretty fun chapter.

I agree that the new chapter was pretty solid. I still don’t find the comedy especially funny, but that doesn’t really take away from the series for me. 

43 minutes ago, dr. b said:

I agree that the new chapter was pretty solid. I still don’t find the comedy especially funny, but that doesn’t really take away from the series for me. 

Yeah, it's resonated a bit more to where I at least understand what's SUPPOSED to be funny.  And it's funny enough when. It focused on the comedy, so that helps.

Also, the comedy buff chick who's helping them always has this seductive look in her eyes and it does things to me :lurk:

Yeah I kind of have a thing for her too :lurk: Great supporting character!

• Shiny 1

It was bugging me that I couldn't remember her name... a bit of Googling got me there: Hanamori.

Probably going to forget again in like three minutes :rotfl: 

I tried doing the same but got lazy googling and didn't want to flip through the manga to find out.  So good work.

Not sure if anyone here watches/likes/hates SuperEyepatchWolf, but usually like watching his State of Shonen Jump videos.  That was actually what got me to check out Dr. Stone and I've been reading manga more frequently since.

Watching through it, I feel like @dr. b will relate to a lot of what's talked about in the first half having been through a bulk of the new series that debuted and passed over the last year.  I also feel like his description of PPPPPP is the same way we were reacting to it along the way.

Speaking of which, new chapter was pretty cool, but I always end up feeling like I want/need more.  Can someone just make an anime already?

• Like 1

I’m not familiar with that channel but I’ll give the video a watch later. 

I’ve only read two of the new chapters from this weekend so far. The latest Elusive Samurai chapter had a bit of an epic feel to it. Big things are about to happen! The fight going on in Sakamoto Days continues to be pretty good too. Gonna read everything else today. 

There was also a new series dropped yesterday—Super Smartphone. Not a super inspired name :lol: But the description sounds like it could be interesting: Kyu solves crimes when he finds a phone that can search for anything in existence, but can he use it to find his missing brother?

I’ll give it a try. 

I really enjoyed this week’s chapter of PPPPPP. Mimin is alright after all :heart:

Same.  Both it and Spy x Family we're wonderful this week.  Can't see what Lucky is up to next.

I haven't read anything else yet this week, but the semester is finally over and I've got a lot more free time, so I'll get around to it soon.

I think the latest Choujin X (22) was very good. Love the style of this manga. 

Azuma

:crying2:

There’s also a new DB Super chapter available. Gonna get on that tonight. 

RIP Ayashimon I guess, damn.

Well that's a bummer..! I haven't read anything new from this week yet.

edit: Disappointing to see Ayashimon end like that. I was enjoying it quite a bit. The way it ended actually wasn’t too much of a mess, but it wasn’t very satisfying either. I want to see that fight with Doppo… :-/ 

Yeah, Ayashimon was one that I enjoyed but it didn't quite have a good hook in me until more recently and while I assumed the whole story run would be a shorter one due to the power leap I wasn't expecting this =( It just took a little too long for the plot pacing and the art to reach a more appealing balance, the art style is cool but also a slog on the eyes, way too much scratching and dark blobs. That had really started to even out better by this point. Pacing was slow at first, you could tell there was a "meet and gain allies" roadmap but it just wasn't strong enough. 

Oh well, it seems like the author has had more success with a different series that I haven't read so I'll take a look at that. On to the next shonen jump offering I guess! 

PPPPPP #34

Mama nooooo

:crying: 

Also still really liking Akane-banishi! Akane’s determination is awesome. 

Another very good chapter of The Elusive Samurai this week (#65) :nod:

Got a kick out of this little exchange :lol:

AEF4E76F-CA00-4420-AEAA-7B7E58644FD7.jpeg

The action in chapter 25 of Doron Dororon was pretty rad :nod: 

New chapter of Choujin X (#24) was good!

So, who is X!? A single choujin with the part to annihilate the world. Sounds pretty rad to me

I'm pitifully behind on pretty much everything but PPPPPP for some reason, but I'll be fixing that soon.  That's a bummer about Ayashimon, though :(

Yet somehow, Protect Me, Shugomaru still lives lol

Yeah, I’m still bummed about Ayashimon :-/ 

If you picked just one series to be current on then PPPPPP is not a bad choice! I recommend reading up to current on The Elusive Samurai and Akane-banashi too though. Lots of good stuff going on in both. 

Another good new DB Super chapter today as well — #85

More great moments for Vegeta here! What a sucker for punishment. 

Goku is in the process of figuring something out. ‘Bout time. 
Do the other Heeters eventually turn on Elec..? He’s a real d-bag.

Hi! A bit of a late update on my One Piece journey. I’ve stalled out 😅

I’ve made it where the crew goes to Big Momma’s cake land. I’m still really enjoying it but I just got a bit burnt and needed a change of pace.

• Like 1

New Dr. Stone one-shot! I rather enjoyed it. They have some very ambitious plans for the future!

The Elusive Samurai #69 (nice :lolgrin:) — Great action in this one! Eat it, Kokushi!!!

Yeah, I also read an interview where the writer of Dr. Stone basically confirmed it might not be weekly, but the story isn't over.  So even if it's just the occasional special, I'm excited to see more of the antics of Senku and crew.

Caught up to Akane-banashi and I'm super curious to check out the next girl's Rakugo.  But I'm even more stoked to see how Akane handles the Jugemu in the final.

Also caught up to Elusive Samurai:

Spoiler

Man, Kiyohara's kill was hella satisfying.  Same with Shokan's.  Awesome run of chapters that I've missed over the last 2 months I think.  Some really awesome panels in this one, too

Also, apparently Shugomaru DID end lol.  I might finish it up since I kept up for 15 chapters.  It was more amusing than I felt after the first two chapters.

Jump app says Chainsaw Man returns July 12 👀

I agree re: Akane-banashi. It’s probably too early for a big happy ending, but I really am gonna be bummed out if Akane’s performance doesn’t go well :uhoh: :( 

Are you caught up on Earthchild? This story is crazy. One tragedy after another, hard to keep up :lolgrin: This week’s chapter was interesting and I’m curious to see what happens next, but I’d also like for this thing to end sooner than later :lurk:

I think I'm over Dr. Stone. I still read this special chapter and will probably read future ones but I was ready for it to just be done. 

Akane-banashi is dragging a bit for me, there was too much explaining grinning dude's gimmick and less showing so it feels like the part of this I find most fun has stalled. I'm still very invested though!

Earthchild keeps stressing me out because every fucking chapter feels like "ok THIS is where they're gonna hit wrap up because surely this is getting cancelled" and it KEEPS GOING but I want them to be a happy lil family goddamnit

1 hour ago, Anelle said:

Earthchild keeps stressing me out because every fucking chapter feels like "ok THIS is where they're gonna hit wrap up because surely this is getting cancelled" and it KEEPS GOING but I want them to be a happy lil family goddamnit

I’m right there with you :rotfl: Gimme a happy ending and be done with it! But it’s just a never ending series of bad things happening :fup:

13 hours ago, Anelle said:

I think I'm over Dr. Stone. I still read this special chapter and will probably read future ones but I was ready for it to just be done. 

Akane-banashi is dragging a bit for me, there was too much explaining grinning dude's gimmick and less showing so it feels like the part of this I find most fun has stalled. I'm still very invested though!

I get being over Dr. Stone.  I think I'll ways have a soft spot in my heart for it because it's what got me to start seriously reading manga in the first place, and I think coming back to it with big specials as opposed to weekly developments can help with the burnout.  If anything, I don't think it's worth continuing as a long form series with it's pacing.

I also don't think I minded the bit on Akane-banashi probably just because I was behind enough that it was just part of a swath of other good content.  I'll hold out faith for the finale of this arc to deliver.

And yeah, bomb, I haven't read Earthchild yet, but I was pretty shocked to see it was still going tbh.  That'll be another binge at some point over the next couple days.  Maybe today.

I still have that, Undead Unluck, Sakamoto Days, MHA, Kaiju No. 8, Doron,  Show-Ha, DBS, I haven't checked out any of the new entries, and then I still have to finish Ayashimon.  I still got a.bit of a slate ahead of me.

Add to your reading list the ‘Just Listen to the Song’ one-shot. It is short and I thought it was amusing :thumbs:

• Shiny 1

The Elusive Samurai #70

An epic reveal of who Tokiyuki actually is! :cool: Sadamune ain't happy though. Hopefully this doesn't blow up in their faces :uhoh: 

PPPPPP #40

I am so hyped for this piano battle :shiny: 

Also, it must be said yet again, the hair styles in this manga are nuts. Mimin especially :love2: 

Sakamoto Days #78

New guy with the... bucket hat..? (:rotfl:) seems interesting. A former order member! Need some more back story on this guy.

Akane-banashi #21 

OK I think I like the voice actor character now. Hustle and grind!

Doron Dororon is getting good -- big showdown coming up!

And somehow Earthchild still is not over yet. This story is crazy and stupid :rotfl: 

Dude the new chapter has me PUMPED 

It's been a hot minute so I forgot just how out there and violent this series gets and this chapter went hard! Might treat myself to a reread

Solid new chapter of Chainsaw Man :thumbs:

Dororon Ch. 31

Spoiler

The action has really been ramping up the last few chapters.  I'm appreciating more the artistic design of this manga, with a lot of the panels having a natural flow that really gives the sense of motion.  Interested to check out The Phantom Command

PPPPPP

Spoiler

Really hyped for this showdown.  Was not expecting the piano player to be his best friend from his childhood.  I feel like if this arc goes off well, we might be in for an anime.

Akane-banashi

Spoiler

Really thought Hikaru's performance was well done and the way the crowd reacted really sold it without explaining as much(like Anelle mentioned).  She's a really endearing character.  And that last couple pages has me really hyped for Akane's performance.  I don't think she'll win, but I think she'll get what she wants.

Elusive Samurai

Spoiler

Holy shit!!  Was not expecting the name reveal!  That was a really awesome moment.  And Sadamune's reaction was golden.  The whole follow-up with the chase was a great way of showing how much Tokiyuki has evolved and really establishing him as a commander worthy of legend. 

Also, just some awesome fights and kills in the last few chapters.  Both Shokan and Kakushi were handled beautifully.

Can't wait to ride into this new act.

Ayashimon

Spoiler

Unfortunate that it came to an end, because those last few chapters were fire.  I do appreciate they didn't shoehorn the final fight into the ending and left it at a point where it's undecided and could lead to more if interest picks back up.

The meta chapter was really something else, too 

I'm with re: PPPPPP, Akane-banashi, and The Elusive Samurai. All have been very good in recent weeks!

A bit undecided re: the latest Doron Dororon chapter, but I hope it turns out to be good.

Still bummed about Ayashimon :-/

Are you caught up on Sakamoto Days?

Chainsaw Man #99

tbh the whole secret identity at high school thing is just making me think of Spider-Man :rotfl:

But I like the dynamic between the new girl and the War Devil. Also how the guy turned her down without a second thought :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: 

Haven't caught up on Sakamoto Days yet.  I actually started my Earthchild catch up.  I think I'm saving Sakamoto for last as I know I'll likely love it regardless.

Chainsaw Man 99

Spoiler

I like that we don't currently know where he is.  The idea of starting without actually showing Chainsaw Man or Denji is neat, and I get the feeling Denji is in disguise, so it's interesting to try and find out who it is.  My money's on the cute girl with glasses that got put onto Mitaka's team.

Oh yeah, Earthchild ... it still isn't over yet :fup: 

EARTHCHILD SHOULD HAVE ENDED THERE.

WHY

edit---then again, I've read it every goddamn week so I guess a bunch of other people have too and since overseas metrics don't mean shit to WSJ I guess Japan likes it??? I have not bothered to look it up because I don't care that much

There are so many series I need to get up to speed on. I’m loving the Jump app though, very affordable and the interface is nice.

Just got caught up on Black Clover. It’s a solid battle series but doesn’t really do anything groundbreaking. Really solid art.

I was super into the Black Clover anime and have debated picking up the manga.  I just really enjoy the characters and the big fights, and always appreciated that most of it went by fast instead of dragging things out.  Also, I just want to root for Asta.

But yeah, there are a lot of good series on the Jump app, both ongoing and completed.  You can basically look in here and see all the ones dr. b and I have ranted about for some recommendations.

I just could not get into Black Clover! The anime at least. I tried 3 separate times and stalled out every time and never bothered to try the manga. I have pretty big shonen battle fatigue, I can only hang on through so much of it lol

I love the Shonen Jump app, it's provided so much reading time for me on days I have to do bedrest ❤️ I wish there were some other similar apps as far as the interface goes, I'd buy a few more digital titles from other places if they were as easy to use but so far every other one I've tried is messy

Akane-banashi #23

I am going to be so bummed out if Akane bombs the rest of her performance in the next chapter. Like it’s literally going to ruin my whole day :uhoh: 

• Sad 1